Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They updated the design page to say 7-seater is coming in 2021. It wouldn't make sense for Tesla to string customers along if they didn't plan on making the 7-seat when they could have sold them 5-seaters this quarter.

I’m pretty sure that the order page had always said 7-seater coming in 2021 way back even just after the reveal.

Add info to your point, Elon tweeted they 7-seater deliveries were suppose to start in Dec 2020 back in September I think. It doesn’t make sense for Elon to make that tweet if they still weren’t sure if they’ll even have a 7-seater

Haven't heard anything here either. So didn't want to wait anymore (wife became antsy with the free supercharging offer *rolling eyes*). Switched to 5-seat. :(
I did same, but kept my 7 seat reservation. Will have to make a decision once my 7 seat reservation gets a VIN and we see how everything will look.

Took delivery of 2021 with all the recent updates (auto dim mirrors, double pane glass, boombox capability with the PWS) on Wednesday evening. This is my first Tesla and it is everything I hoped for and more. My big driver was the reduction in the State of CO tax credit with the start of the new year.

I did same, but kept my 7 seat reservation. Will have to make a decision once my 7 seat reservation gets a VIN and we see how everything will look.

Took delivery of 2021 with all the recent updates (auto dim mirrors, double pane glass, boombox capability with the PWS) on Wednesday evening. This is my first Tesla and it is everything I hoped for and more. My big driver was the reduction in the State of CO tax credit with the start of the new year.
I would have done the same if I were you. I live in TX so I don't get any kind of tax credit (lame!).

Reactions: durjosep
model-y-utility-hero-desktop-na
There she is. The first pic of the production 3rd row.

I am pleasantly surprised. I was hoping for a sliding 2nd row, and we're getting it! Honestly there's quite a lot of leg room in the 2nd row, so I think you can take a few inches to help with foot room for the 3rd row. Can't wait until we see actual hands on videos and for when I can get to the showroom to see it!

Just disappointed that the performance can't be ordered with the 7 seats. So now do I compromise and get the Dual Motor and acceleration boost? I have a P3D- so was hoping for a sleeper Y 7 seater!

Reactions: SmartElectric