Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, your idea wouldn’t be fair to me (and I suspect many others) because tow hitch wasn’t available initially and my FSD increased $2000 when I added it. That’s where it gets complicated trying to be ‘fair’, because they aren’t going to go back and lower my FSD price.

Their policy has been consistent afaik for quite some time, and they should probably keep it that way, even though it’s not always fair.

With presumably plenty of demand for Model Y, for better or worse, if some customers end up alienated, it might be acceptable for the company as a whole. Standard range MY basically has no competition (factoring in supercharge network and possible ftc ev extension) and is going to sell like hot cakes!

Looks like the tow hitch package after delivery is only $200 more than if you order it as part of the build. Not sure if it impacts anything else not being part of the original order...

Looks like the tow hitch package after delivery is only $200 more than if you order it as part of the build. Not sure if it impacts anything else not being part of the original order...

Other pricing changed to my advantage at that time, so it made sense to add it to the order rather than at the service center.

My point is that options/prices have changed several times since 3/19 so there is no fair way for them to apply old pricing to modified orders.

Attachments

• 7D40BE07-B659-4D0E-A67A-3AAEA8803971.jpeg
    7D40BE07-B659-4D0E-A67A-3AAEA8803971.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: acacia
I deposited $2500 on 1/25/2020 for a Model Performance with 7 seats & waited patiently for over a year. Now, someone from Tesla called and said, "Choose either Performance or 7-seater. You can't have both."

Why can't I get both? The guy didn't know and I've yet to see a good explanation, except for that Tesla doesn't want to.

Worse, he said Tesla won't honor the $7500 FSD pricing I locked in back then. I'd have to create a whole new order so I'd have to pay $10000 for FSD.

Imagine if I put $2500 in $TSLA a year ago instead...