Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wonder anyone receives VIN for 7 Seats LR AWD MY? The website still tells me the delivery will be from Jan 25th - Feb 12th. But No VIN at all.

Also, I checked the demo MY at Newport Beach, CA. It does not come with door trim, HEPA filter, and New Headlight. Do your guys think we will get it?

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Just wonder anyone receives VIN for 7 Seats LR AWD MY? The website still tells me the delivery will be from Jan 25th - Feb 12th. But No VIN at all.

Also, I checked the demo MY at Newport Beach, CA. It does not come with door trim, HEPA filter, and New Headlight. Do your guys think we will get it?

Similar changes to Model 3 took about a month to work their way to the US from China, so I could see these things starting to show up in mid-Feb builds.

The rear-facing 3rd row model Y does exist after all:
modybern.jpg

would you say mid-feb build means march delivery? seems current orders would fall into feb deliveries if vin assignments are unleashed in the next week

I'm assuming they're working through remaining stock of those parts and will switch over shortly. It's just a guess, but I'm assuming that cars coming off the line in mid-Feb will get those changes so March deliveries should have them. Again, just my personal guesses based on what I've observed with the 3 and other factors.

That said, there are good arguments for and against them keeping the HEPA Y exclusive to China.

FOR
Air quality is far worse in China and consumers are for more conscious about it.
The cars cost less to build in Shanghai so there's a good amount of room in the margin to implement something that's fairly costly like HEPA.

AGAINST
Doesn't make sense to have so many China-specific parts when "the best part is no part."
The tooling, testing, parts, etc have already been developed so why not take advantage of economies of scale.
Wildfires have been particularly bad in California (and Oregon and Washington) over the last few years so Tesla is far more aware of the issue of air quality than ever before.
Presumably, S and X will be getting big upgrades, as soon as tomorrow, so there's far more to differentiate them from 3 and Y.