Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup! I had that probably 4-5 months ago. Turned out I uploaded a PDF of insurance card I think and maybe the system didn't like it or something. Either way... when I updated my insurance with a jpg, it changed to a "check" and showed the preview. NO IDEA if any of that matters but...you're not alone.

NOW BRING ON THE VINs!!! It's been 3 weeks of production ad not a single VIN has been assigned.
My sincere hope is they are taking this time to learn how to paint cars.

Mine has the +/- as well. I uploaded my insurance info as a pdf originally but changed it to jpeg now. Still no check mark. I got an email this morning from Tesla to complete the pre delivery tasks for insurance. I called my local advisor to confirm they showed my uploaded insurance info. He said that it was on there and even if it wasn’t that doesn’t effect delivery timeline as insurance can be provided before pick up. This is for CA. He said they just got a 7 seater Y for display in the showroom in Buena Park. I may swing by to finally see it in person. He gave a 2-6 week delivery timeline.

This is on a different forum. they ordered on 1/10 from NM

> @duran505 said:
> I received an email today from a Tesla advisor I've been keeping in touch with who said my delivery estimation is looking like the first weekend of February. That's one week away! I'm so excited. I know it's just an estimate, but it can't be too far off!

Reactions: duran505
This is on a different forum. they ordered on 1/10 from NM

> @duran505 said:
> I received an email today from a Tesla advisor I've been keeping in touch with who said my delivery estimation is looking like the first weekend of February. That's one week away! I'm so excited. I know it's just an estimate, but it can't be too far off!

Hey Axeman! You're on here too! Thanks for sharing

Weird. For mine it shows insurance complete and they (Tesla) threw this photo in there. Maybe it decides on your jurisdiction. I love Tesla’s sense of humour. View attachment 631914

At least your next steps are different than mine. Looks like you're probably a li'l ahead of us. I see:

Next Steps
  • We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
  • Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview

Reactions: Axeman
Hi. My first post in this sub-forum. Been a 3 owner since November 2018 - and waited in line back in March 2016. Was hoping that Tesla would offer a three row performance Y. Bit the bullet and placed the order for a LR AWD seven seater. So, here I sit with y'all waiting for my VIN. Can't wait to get rid of my ICE SUV. Can't submit insurance, since I'm in a state where they need the VIN to issue insurance.

• Helpful
Reactions: ryanjeffords
Hi. My first post in this sub-forum. Been a 3 owner since November 2018 - and waited in line back in March 2016. Was hoping that Tesla would offer a three row performance Y. Bit the bullet and placed the order for a LR AWD seven seater. So, here I sit with y'all waiting for my VIN. Can't wait to get rid of my ICE SUV. Can't submit insurance, since I'm in a state where they need the VIN to issue insurance.
Congrats!
Woohoo all us ...7 seater ...party animals.

I was advised to just submit a copy of my current insurance card as is. Once a vin is assigned, it can be added and uploaded... but don’t wait.

I was advised to just submit a copy of my current insurance card as is. Once a vin is assigned, it can be added and uploaded... but don’t wait.
This what I did months ago. I’m in a state (NJ) that requires the VIN on the insurance card. So my account was held up for weeks until I saw a post that said to upload “any” insurance card then update later. I did that and now still waiting for that illusion VIN! Ordered 8/2019.