Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got one too! 116XXX. Like 10 minutes ago. No ETA yet, although my account showed an ETA of Feb 4 - 24 when I checked it earlier in the day. I ordered in November 2019. Long Range / Blue / 19" / White / 7 Seat / FSD. I agree it's so surreal after more than a year long wait! And +1 on finally having a reason to crawl through the delivery checklist threads :)
Oh good I have the same configuration minus fsd. Maybe I’ll get one soon!

Day 1 reservation holder (white/no fsd). My old financing offer (that was established many months ago when my order was prematurely moved to the "get ready for delivery" status) was just updated today (saw a credit check alert this morning) to more current rates. This movement feels like a pre-cursor to (hopefully imminently) getting a VIN.

Reactions: ryanjeffords
ETA is Feb 10-16

Gosh. This is all so surreal. I am not a patient person, so waiting this long...I almost had to let myself believe it wasn’t real just to get through the wait.
I guess now I have to check out all those delivery checklists...finally.
Where are you located?

I'm in NY... My updated delivery window posted this morning. Same thing as someone else on the east cost mentioned... Feb 11 - Feb 17!

I called Tesla today to see if there was anything missing as far as crossing the Ts and dotting the I(s) and everything, and they mentioned that they'll be contacting me about setting up a delivery time. Also, that the down payment can be done with a personal cheque. I assumed the downpayment had to be done via a bank draft or wire.

Which is weird. Maybe there is some movement but not on the management page?

SA called and told me Tesla is waiting for some stuff from the government before deliveries can happen. (this is in Canada, so know knows). Maybe something to do with the 7 seats?

We just received the text to schedule a delivery time, so that must mean the vehicle has been manufactured and on the way. We picked the earliest time on this Friday.

We did make a test wire transfer of $100, and that has already posted to our account. We did this because the Plaid flow does not allow us to pay with multiple accounts. Also got our trade-in removed as CarMax offered almost 40% more, and it has reflected on our account page already.

I think it is safe to say the "Estimated Delivery" is a joke. I put my order in this morning and added my insurance card for my explorer and about an hour later my Estimated Delivery date says February 1st - February 12th. I am in Alabama, but have to pick up the vehicle in Tennessee. Still no VIN and I honestly hope everyone that ordered before me get theirs first. Just laughed when I saw the delivery date included today! LOL

We just received the text to schedule a delivery time, so that must mean the vehicle has been manufactured and on the way. We picked the earliest time on this Friday.

We did make a test wire transfer of $100, and that has already posted to our account. We did this because the Plaid flow does not allow us to pay with multiple accounts. Also got our trade-in removed as CarMax offered almost 40% more, and it has reflected on our account page already.

I found the same thing - Carmax paid 2.5x higher than what Tesla offered :)
Waiting for my VIN...

• Informative
Reactions: EchoDelta
I think it is safe to say the "Estimated Delivery" is a joke. I put my order in this morning and added my insurance card for my explorer and about an hour later my Estimated Delivery date says February 1st - February 12th.
At least for us, when the delivery range first appeared (previously showing no estimate at all), it has been accurate so far although the earliest date of the range is probably unreasonably(?) set to "today."

Early January 31st: January 31 - February 16
Late January 31st: January 31 - February 06
Early February 1st: February 01 - February 06

Scheduling options on February 1st only allowed 2 days: February 05 or February 06

Separately, if people are considering timing of payments to potentially make partial payments from multiple accounts. Here's my experience with Fidelity:
T+0:00 Requested online wire transfer (no place to put a memo "name, RN#", but destination account includes RN#)
T+0:30 Received bank email "disbursement in progress"
T+0:34 Received bank email "disbursement successful"
T+0:40 Tesla account reflects payment
T+1:07 Tesla email "cash balance update"

So in this case, probably at least a 40 minute delay from requesting to reflecting wire payment. Whereas it sounds like if you complete final payment with Plaid (apparently no way to manually enter in routing/account number nor partial payments anymore), using the web interface will reflect it as paid immediately even though it'll take a few days to complete. At least for us, the final payment is now low enough that it can be completed from multiple accounts if we need to go "enter your bank credentials into Plaid" route.