Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be my first Tesla, ordered yesterday - Standard Range / MSM / 20" / Black / 7 Seat /No FSD

No VIN but Est Delivery is 2-2 to 2-12 (it changed from 2-1 to 2-12) I am in Alabama but picking up in Nashville.

Est. Delivery was updated shortly after I entered my insurance card for my existing vehicle, might try uploading your insurance card for your existing vehicle to see if that helps at all...

Haha, what is an SA? Kidding, mine exists but like Jemblue, MIA. I get 100% more info here than from them.

I’m a model 3 owner and I’ve had zero contact with an SA as well through this Y process. How do we even find out how to contact them? Customer service seems very lacking. Doesn’t seem like previous customers get any kind of priority at all. I don’t even have an estimated delivery date range at all on my account.

Reactions: Axeman
I’m a model 3 owner and I’ve had zero contact with an SA as well through this Y process. How do we even find out how to contact them? Customer service seems very lacking. Doesn’t seem like previous customers get any kind of priority at all. I don’t even have an estimated delivery date range at all on my account.

I got a "welcome" email from the local SA the day after I ordered and have been in communication that way. However as others have said, I haven't gotten any meaningful updates other than "everything still looks good, we're just waiting for your VIN..." Not helpful at all.

I got my SA’s contact through Tesla’s chat support.

I ordered Red, so maybe they started with those?
Called the local Tesla showroom, my car will arrive there tomorrow.
I can take delivery as soon as Thursday. but I might push to Saturday, or next week. Busy work week and 4 kids worth of stuff.

Congrats! Maybe they did start with red. We have 4 kids too, so I understand your busy life! Please post a pic for us when you get your car.

Looking at the spreadsheet, there are now three (of 55) 7-seaters who have indicated that they have received VINs, of course including you, acacia. The exterior colours are one red, one white and one blue!

But the interiors of all three are white (ok, "black and white"), and given the earlier comment from one person waiting for a 7-seater who was offered white interior (but said no because he had a dog, I understand!), it may mean that there's a first production run using white interiors, so black might wait a bit more.

Looking at the spreadsheet, there are now three (of 55) 7-seaters who have indicated that they have received VINs, of course including you, acacia. The exterior colours are one red, one white and one blue!

But the interiors of all three are white (ok, "black and white"), and given the earlier comment from one person waiting for a 7-seater who was offered white interior (but said no because he had a dog, I understand!), it may mean that there's a first production run using white interiors, so black might wait a bit more.
Sigh... but my blue with white interior delivery range was pushed back ten days from now (initially late January)-2/18 to 2/8-2/28. So it’s not just interior color. Is anybody else here embarrassed by the frequency of refreshing the “manage your order” page? I’m like a junkie.

Sigh... but my blue with white interior delivery range was pushed back ten days from now (initially late January)-2/18 to 2/8-2/28. So it’s not just interior color. Is anybody else here embarrassed by the frequency of refreshing the “manage your order” page? I’m like a junkie.
I think I hold the record of 1000 refreshes an hour...

Thanks so much for looking at spreadsheet! I got white interior too.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
First time Tesla buyer; I had placed an order of Model Y, LR, Blue, 7 seat, FSD with black interior in October 2019. I have not had any updates to my account until Monday Feb 1, 2021. I saw that the estimated delivery date was FEB 8- FEB 28 and no VIN yet. Today I checked my account in the morning and the estimated date was changed and pushed back to Feb 10-March 2. I refreshed my page later this afternoon and all of sudden i see VIN# assigned its 113XXX but no estimated delivery date. Not sure why they removed the dates. I have not heard from anyone from Tesla regarding any of these updates. Not sure what to expect next. hope someone will contact me soon... I am from Illinois.

I'm not refreshing anymore considering what the TA told me. I'm still about 2 weeks out so I feel calmer. Imagine if I was 2 weeks out, but didn't know it...I'd be a lunatic
My SA emailed me to tell me that my expected delivery was exactly what the manage order page said! I was excited to see the email, and it built as I read, and then to see it was the same old info that I had access to was like a dagger to the heart!

Reactions: duran505
First time Tesla buyer; I had placed an order of Model Y, LR, Blue, 7 seat, FSD with black interior in October 2019. I have not had any updates to my account until Monday Feb 1, 2021. I saw that the estimated delivery date was FEB 8- FEB 28 and no VIN yet. Today I checked my account in the morning and the estimated date was changed and pushed back to Feb 10-March 2. I refreshed my page later this afternoon and all of sudden i see VIN# assigned its 113XXX but no estimated delivery date. Not sure why they removed the dates. I have not heard from anyone from Tesla regarding any of these updates. Not sure what to expect next. hope someone will contact me soon... I am from Illinois.
Congrats on your soon to be delivered MY. Hope it goes as smooth as possible.

Reactions: Jemblue7my