Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...We are not first-time Tesla owners so I was told old Tesla owners have priority. We literally ordered this car when it was first announced early 2019 (so about 2 years ago).....!
(Not your first rodeo so sorry if redundant) over the years I get a sense that the growing volume has implied more batching of production and shipping, fan-out of delivery processes to local centers (and thus lack of strict queuing), and other forms of parallelism. And maybe the 7s orders in the wing were batched with new orders. At this stage IMO it is give or take a couple of weeks, which seems to me acceptable “noise” for the complex process; even if the starter “signal” intent is to do it following strict order heuristics.

Reactions: duran505
Quiet night. I’ve been stalking the feed for a while. Ordered LR white/black interior 1/9/21, expected delivery by 2/14 pick up in CO. They are exiting their showroom MY on 2/7 so fingers crossed ours is right behind. I’m actually hoping for the 2/14 delivery date so we can drive down to CO on the long weekend.

Quiet night. I’ve been stalking the feed for a while. Ordered LR white/black interior 1/9/21, expected delivery by 2/14 pick up in CO. They are exiting their showroom MY on 2/7 so fingers crossed ours is right behind. I’m actually hoping for the 2/14 delivery date so we can drive down to CO on the long weekend.

Congrats but aarrrrgh I’m in CO and ordered 2 years ago and nothing on my end! So frustrating. LR white/white. I am not an existing/previous Tesla owner however. Is this the Cherry Creek or the Littleton showroom? The SA at Cherry Creek has been vague from the beginning and every time I’ve been in contact - told me it may be as late as March. :(

Congrats but aarrrrgh I’m in CO and ordered 2 years ago and nothing on my end! So frustrating. LR white/white. I am not an existing/previous Tesla owner however. Is this the Cherry Creek or the Littleton showroom? The SA at Cherry Creek has been vague from the beginning and every time I’ve been in contact - told me it may be as late as March. :(
Picking up in Superior. That’s who contacted us about our trade-in, so they’ve been our contact for answers. We are in SD so changed our delivery from MN to CO after talking to them.
When we visited the showroom in Scottsdale they said March as well, but we’ve been encouraged that it will be soon.

My advice for everyone who's waiting on a VIN. Stop bugging your SA's and stop hitting F5. Just let the notification that your car is ready for delivery come as a pleasant surprise and it'll be MUCH LESS stressful!
Hahahah, easier said than done!

Now I'm sitting here WITH a VIN and ETA, I've paid off my balance (that was a HUGE payment), and even paid to insure the thing...

...and now the remaining days leading up to the unknown delivery date are EXCRUCIATING

Just got the call from my service center agent...and "still waiting for a match" and VIN#. Was pretty excited when his number came up, but essentially he has no more information than I have. He did say they have not delivered a 7 seater (we are in the Chicagoland area), yet, but the first one is on the truck and should be here on Friday. He expects mine should be "soon" after that. FWIW, I ordered a White LR AWD w/ black seats on 1/7/21. Delivery dates still says "2/3 - 2/12"...but he said here in Chicago, they normally see 7 days after they get the VIN...so I am expecting after 2/12..

Reactions: Axeman
Talked to someone in store today who said our Y is no longer at the factory and now 200 miles away at staging/sorting probably arriving Thursday for checks and detailing then Friday touchless delivery. He also clarified that the insurance documents for delivery are primarily for leasing, and having insurance for other vehicles is usually good enough for other types of purchases.

(Not your first rodeo so sorry if redundant) over the years I get a sense that the growing volume has implied more batching of production and shipping, fan-out of delivery processes to local centers (and thus lack of strict queuing), and other forms of parallelism. And maybe the 7s orders in the wing were batched with new orders. At this stage IMO it is give or take a couple of weeks, which seems to me acceptable “noise” for the complex process; even if the starter “signal” intent is to do it following strict order heuristics.

Even my TA doesn't know how the 7 seaters are being assigned by the factory. He said typically it has to do with when you placed your order and account completion (I would be at the top of the line for both). I wish Tesla didn't send me the email 3 weeks ago stating my 7 seater was "now in production." I think that's what has made me cuckoo about the whole thing because that's when the timeline started in my head. I know now that I'm about 2 weeks out, so I have relaxed a bit. It is what it is. We will all get our vehicles soon.

Talked to someone in store today who said our Y is no longer at the factory and now 200 miles away at staging/sorting probably arriving Thursday for checks and detailing then Friday touchless delivery. He also clarified that the insurance documents for delivery are primarily for leasing, and having insurance for other vehicles is usually good enough for other types of purchases.
Where abouts are you located? Im in NY and haven't heard anything yet.

Even my TA doesn't know how the 7 seaters are being assigned by the factory. He said typically it has to do with when you placed your order and account completion (I would be at the top of the line for both). I wish Tesla didn't send me the email 3 weeks ago stating my 7 seater was "now in production." I think that's what has made me cuckoo about the whole thing because that's when the timeline started in my head. I know now that I'm about 2 weeks out, so I have relaxed a bit. It is what it is. We will all get our vehicles soon.

Did you ask your Tesla store if they can see something in their "soft match tool"? Even though, it isn't reliable, they can provide you "target factory gate day"...

Where abouts are you located? Im in NY and haven't heard anything yet.
I wonder if people in California have gotten delivery estimates or even scheduled? We're probably the closest to the Fremont factory without being in California although the sales advisor somewhat joked to hope for no Tahoe snow delays for trucks over the mountain. :eek: