Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sales advisor just told me that seven seaters are expected to be delivered late this quarter ☹️

Just spoke to my sales advisor here in southern CA and she told me that the soft match tool says estimated delivery is 2/24. However, she said it's not 100% accurate and there's a "good" chance I'd still get it before 2/12, which is the last estimated delivery date on my online account. Seeing that some folks are taking delivery already is keeping me hopeful.

Ordered 1/8/21, MY / White / Black / 19" / 7 seats / No FSD

Reactions: Giraffe950
Just spoke to my sales advisor here in southern CA and she told me that the soft match tool says estimated delivery is 2/24. However, she said it's not 100% accurate and there's a "good" chance I'd still get it before 2/12, which is the last estimated delivery date on my online account. Seeing that some folks are taking delivery already is keeping me hopeful.

Ordered 1/8/21, MY / White / Black / 19" / 7 seats / No FSD

Where in SoCal are you taking delivery? My configuration is almost the same as yours but 20” wheels. I’m taking delivery in Buena Park. No estimated delivery date for me yet. I ordered 3/2019

Adding another data point. Ordered MY 7 seater, White, Black, no FSD on 1/26 and have had a Feb10-March10 delivery range. In SoCal and taking delivery in Buena Park. Was going to trade in our M3 and their Trade-in system was stuck for a few days until I had someone fix it. Hopefully mid-late Feb delivery....

Reactions: RickyDaGr8
I’m slightly annoyed to see that Preordering the 7 seater has had little to no effect on position in line for actually receiving a car. It looks like VINs have been assigned to some that placed their order only a few weeks ago. Not sure how they are being assigned but many of us have had our orders placed since 2019. I’m jealous of all of you that actually have a delivery date and a VIN! I don’t even know who my SA is, nor have they ever emailed, called, texted or checked in with me during the entire waiting process.

Yep. It literally seems like everyone who ordered this January have already gotten VINs/delivery and those of us who ordered in 2019 (my order was April 10 2019) are still waiting. My car is supposed to be built around Feb 9. and delivery 1 1/2 weeks after that. Someone in a different forum who ordered his car 2 years ago too wrote the same thing. So strange. I'm crossing fingers we may get the new headlights if our cars haven't been built yet.

Reactions: homestead_j
Where in SoCal are you taking delivery? My configuration is almost the same as yours but 20” wheels. I’m taking delivery in Buena Park. No estimated delivery date for me yet. I ordered 3/2019

Burbank. I'm located in between both. I'd imagine our batch would come around the same time given the similar config. Will keep this thread updated since I know there are a few of us eager SCAL folks here...

Reactions: RickyDaGr8
My sales advisor just told me that seven seaters are expected to be delivered late this quarter ☹️

If yours won't be delivered until late Q1 you will likely get the new headlights! I'm supposed to get my 7 seater toward the end of this month, but I may want to hold out if the new headlights are coming within the next month or so. I've already been waiting almost 2 years...what's a little longer? haha

Yep. It literally seems like everyone who ordered this January have already gotten VINs/delivery and those of us who ordered in 2019 (my order was April 10 2019) are still waiting. My car is supposed to be built around Feb 9. and delivery 1 1/2 weeks after that. Someone in a different forum who ordered his car 2 years ago too wrote the same thing. So strange. I'm crossing fingers we may get the new headlights if our cars haven't been built yet.
I've got nothing! I ordered on the 13th of January. Still nothing from my SA. Latest delivery estimate is still the 24th of this month though.

If yours won't be delivered until late Q1 you will likely get the new headlights! I'm supposed to get my 7 seater toward the end of this month, but I may want to hold out if the new headlights are coming within the next month or so. I've already been waiting almost 2 years...what's a little longer? haha
I wouldn't suggest waiting unless you're ok with waiting a long time. I originally asked my advisor if I should change my color to get a quicker car. He said build slots are filling up so if you make any changes now, you'll be bumped WAY out.

Headlights are headlights. Take whatever the car comes with. Same thing with the console, door panels, and hepa filter. You could be waiting months for all that stuff to filter down to the US and...will it really make that big of a difference in your day to day life? Nah...

I wouldn't suggest waiting unless you're ok with waiting a long time. I originally asked my advisor if I should change my color to get a quicker car. He said build slots are filling up so if you make any changes now, you'll be bumped WAY out.

Headlights are headlights. Take whatever the car comes with. Same thing with the console, door panels, and hepa filter. You could be waiting months for all that stuff to filter down to the US and...will it really make that big of a difference in your day to day life? Nah...

The voice of reason! You're right. You convinced me. Thanks!

I ordered March 2019 and I hadn’t heard from my SA since December 2020 but we finally spoke over the phone yesterday. She informed me she has no updates for me regarding my VIN and then recited FAQ information about the 3rd row, such as that they aren’t heated but have easy entry access.
But now I have her email and she is going to follow up Monday with hopefully some info about when I’m getting mine :/

white on white / hitch / FSD / 20” / texas

I’m slightly annoyed to see that Preordering the 7 seater has had little to no effect on position in line for actually receiving a car. It looks like VINs have been assigned to some that placed their order only a few weeks ago. Not sure how they are being assigned but many of us have had our orders placed since 2019. I’m jealous of all of you that actually have a delivery date and a VIN! I don’t even know who my SA is, nor have they ever emailed, called, texted or checked in with me during the entire waiting process.
Did anyone order with FSD and finalize the order ?

FSD price has considerably increased, so wondering if you got it for the lower price at the order time ?

We are planning to wait till my wife starts going back to office. Probably in the fall after vaccinations and kids start going to school. No point buying before that.

Did anyone order with FSD and finalize the order ?

FSD price has considerably increased, so wondering if you got it for the lower price at the order time ?

We are planning to wait till my wife starts going back to office. Probably in the fall after vaccinations and kids start going to school. No point buying before that.

So let me understand this, you want to wait buying the FSD till your wife starts driving the car:rolleyes:? Hope your wife is not on this forum and reading this. ;):) (Just kidding)