Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While patiently (barley) waiting for any news on my Y 7seater I stopped by the dealer in SLC. They had just received their 7 seater demo and let me take it for the evening.

While I agree that the back seat will be tight for anyone other than my youngest children, I noticed two other items no one else seems to be speaking about.

1. When trying to seat 7 it isn’t just the 3rd row that is affected. You have to slide the second row up closer to the front row in order to give the 3rd row any leg space which makes things tighter for the 2nd and in all reality you need to slide the driver and passenger up a little to make the second row feel less crowded.

Now, clearly no one is purchasing this vehicle as a daily 7 passenger driver but I was hoping to have a little extra room for those times I need to run carpool or travel medium distances with my family of 7.

2. There is no car light in the 3rd row which made bucking in at night quite the challenge. The 2nd row seats are tall enough as to block out any bleed over light from up front, leaving the 3rd row in complete darkness. This is also exacerbated by the fact that there is only the very small back hatch window that doesn’t provide much light from the outside.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard from Tesla regarding a fix?

My solution is that I may need to mount a small battery powered led light.

Thoughts?

While patiently (barley) waiting for any news on my Y 7seater I stopped by the dealer in SLC. They had just received their 7 seater demo and let me take it for the evening.

While I agree that the back seat will be tight for anyone other than my youngest children, I noticed two other items no one else seems to be speaking about.

1. When trying to seat 7 it isn’t just the 3rd row that is affected. You have to slide the second row up closer to the front row in order to give the 3rd row any leg space which makes things tighter for the 2nd and in all reality you need to slide the driver and passenger up a little to make the second row feel less crowded.

Now, clearly no one is purchasing this vehicle as a daily 7 passenger driver but I was hoping to have a little extra room for those times I need to run carpool or travel medium distances with my family of 7.

2. There is no car light in the 3rd row which made bucking in at night quite the challenge. The 2nd row seats are tall enough as to block out any bleed over light from up front, leaving the 3rd row in complete darkness. This is also exacerbated by the fact that there is only the very small back hatch window that doesn’t provide much light from the outside.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your feedback and that's an excellent observation on no lights in the third row. This will be a challenge for our littlest kids who prefer to have a light on and need it for buckling. I'm considering some lighted USB C cables (they glow when plugged in), and may get a couple of stick on battery powered light pucks.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I had the old model x vin.... two days ago. Still no model y vin. I think it’s just a random thing embedded in the code.
I was poking around through the source code, lots of interesting things in there. Looks like a collection of all the banks Tesla may have checked against and their terms if you are financing the car. I see the spot where the VIN would be, and "vinIsRevealed": false which could actually imply that they do sometimes have the VIN in the source code but hide it for some reason.

Interesting.... alas useless as we patiently wait for our cars :)

Thoughts?

Maybe a solution with some velcro tape to keep it in place. I think that would work perfectly.
81 Beads On Camera Light, 3000mAh USB-C Rechargeable Pocket Fill Light, 3200-5600K Dual Color Temperature Vlog Mini Lamp w 3 Cold Shoe Port, Photography Video Shooting LED Light Soft Lighting - VL81 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B4PWY49/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_VT7ZJHN5EBCRQQXM44A6

SLC-Model-Y-new-console-678x381.jpg

https://twitter.com/driveteslaca/status/1360090007948718081?s=21

This model Y was delivered with the new center console... (not a 7 seater I believe)

Hope that the delay in receiving VINs will result in all of us getting some of the interior updates : )

Reactions: 11Dolly
Reactions: Axeman

Thoughts?

Is the Tesla fix to have you open the hatch (so you get light) and have them climb over and into the seats that way :).

• Funny
Reactions: Axeman
this picture is from this tweet: https://twitter.com/driveteslaca/status/1360090007948718081?s=21
Per the post, it is a Y delivered in Utah with the new console. There is no mention of it being a 7 seater so it is probably a 5 seater.

I saw some additional local posts about this (I’m in the same state) and I think it was a 5 seater. Still, it gives me some hope.

I also just checked the Google Doc posted on a separate thread on this same site and it looks like almost ZERO Y 7 seaters are going out. Hopefully that changes soon!

Reactions: duran505