Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. My http just updated in the last few hours: VIN 116xxx Estimated Delivery: March 02 - March 08. Ordered 1/13 White/interior black/ 19 in/ SR. Hopefully, it will be on the ship soon to arrive in 17 days. Best wishes everyone. Hopefully you should receive your VIN soon or in few days as well.

Please keep us updated, we are also ordering a SR "base model" with 7 seats being the only add on. Haven't seen any others posted and only a few on the spreadsheet.

Hi Axeman, I wrote above. Ordered on 1/13. I updated the Teslike doc and saw Southcat also has VIN 116XXX ordered on 1/12 SR White 19 in.

Did anyone else notice on Teslike doc. Floreez Ordered on 6 Feb received VIN on 8 Feb!!! Wow if true.

Floreez Chicago IL USA 6 Feb 2021 8 Feb 2021 Email 115,955 2 days Long Range AWD Deep Blue Metallic 20 inch Tow Hitch Black and White 7 Seats

• Informative
Reactions: Axeman
Ordered 1/8 - My estimate was showing Estimated delivery February 12-February 12 - Now Nothing no date or VIN and SA still does not respond - will drive to sale center latter today and see what's up
Exact same boat as you. Ordered 1/8, estimate of 2/12 and now nothing and no response from SA. Did you order black and white interior? Seems like the SR 7 seaters who have gotten Vins are black interior.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Did anyone else notice on Teslike doc. Floreez Ordered on 6 Feb received VIN on 8 Feb!!! Wow if true.

Floreez Chicago IL USA 6 Feb 2021 8 Feb 2021 Email 115,955 2 days Long Range AWD Deep Blue Metallic 20 inch Tow Hitch Black and White 7 Seats
Yeah I saw that on Reddit and was super jealous because I had almost the same configuration (different wheels) and ordered much earlier.

Yeah I saw that on Reddit and was super jealous because I had almost the same configuration (different wheels) and ordered much earlier.
Should n't there be a customers care team you can contact to fix these oversights? Vehicles of same color and configurations are made in batch per week. They should reserve some for customers that had ordered earlier to fix assignment errors in any system.

Reactions: Giraffe950
Should n't there be a customers care team you can contact to fix these oversights? Vehicles of same color and configurations are made in batch per week. They should reserve some for customers that had ordered earlier to fix assignment errors in any system.
In theory, sure, but apparently Tesla customer service is lacking. And I can only be so indignant, given all the people who ordered in 2019 with a much higher deposit who are all still waiting. Plus, I’m already annoying my poor SA all the time as it is! So I’ll just sit here, grumble to myself, and whine to my fellow anticipatory Tesla owners in this forum.

Scheduled a pickup date! 2/27! Springfield, NJ. They offered “no contact” delivery but I decided against it. VIN 112xxx

I know the VINs are not sequential, but this seems like a low number.

They want final payment now, but I’m waiting until I get there in case there are issues. Any recommendations on this? Anyone do different? It’s is a Tesla originated loan thru JP Morgan.

In theory, sure, but apparently Tesla customer service is lacking. And I can only be so indignant, given all the people who ordered in 2019 with a much higher deposit who are all still waiting. Plus, I’m already annoying my poor SA all the time as it is! So I’ll just sit here, grumble to myself, and whine to my fellow anticipatory Tesla owners in this forum.
I feel bad for many folks who ordered earlier but might be overlooked which is clearly not "within specs" and should be notified to the right customers care team to help escalate. Those reserved vehicles to can be delivered within 2 days. Better customers care benefits us all. I can give up my spot to someone who ordered earlier and help if needed.

I feel bad for many folks who ordered earlier but might be overlooked which is clearly not "within specs" and should be notified to the right customers care team to help escalate. Those reserved vehicles to can be delivered within 2 days. Better customers care benefits us all. I can give up my spot to someone who ordered earlier and help if needed.

There are a ton of factors and it's logistically pretty difficult. A normal automaker essentially makes what they want (config-wise) and ships them to dealers. Customers then go to the dealer and choose from what's on the lot.

For Tesla, they're building different configs in exterior color-based batches which they then have to ship to different locations in different ways (trucks, trains, ships). Add to that a person's order date and likely other factors (how many of the steps they've completed), plus weather, personnel, delivery issues/preferences from customers, and probably many other factors we don't know about and you've got a relatively complicated logistics challenge.

That's right. I forgot the most recent orders only required a deposit of $100 (i think?). I paid $2500! I should get that back as a rebate!