Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of talk in other threads about the new console, updated lights and the new HEPA filter.
From what I have gleaned the new console and the new filter may be linked. If you get the console, you get the updated filter as well.
Headlights are supposedly included on any Y that rolls off the line after Feb 11th.
I’ve also noticed that the heated wheel is pretty much a lock moving forward. Personally the only thing I really wanted was the heated wheel (I live in a cold climate) and the rest would be nice but superfluous.

I’m anxious to see if the 7seaters follow the same trend as the 5 seaters.

Lots of talk in other threads about the new console, updated lights and the new HEPA filter.
From what I have gleaned the new console and the new filter may be linked. If you get the console, you get the updated filter as well.
Headlights are supposedly included on any Y that rolls off the line after Feb 11th.
I’ve also noticed that the heated wheel is pretty much a lock moving forward. Personally the only thing I really wanted was the heated wheel (I live in a cold climate) and the rest would be nice but superfluous.

I was also wondering how you can tell the date off the line?

Just an update from the spreadsheet, re who has VINs for 7-seaters.

Of orders made before 7 January 2021 - 5 of 18 have VINs
Orders on:
7 Jan - 2 of 9
8 Jan - 6 of 12
9 Jan - 2 of 9
11 Jan - 1 of 4
12 Jan - 1 of 3
13 Jan - 1 of 2
14 Jan - 1 of 2

And very limited after that. Given that number of folks who fill out the tracker may not return to put in additional information after their receive their VIN or take delivery, it appears that if you ordered before mid-Jan and don't have further info yet, you might want to contact your SA.

Lowest VIN is 112x, highest is 118x.

How do you know the new console and the new filter may be linked?

How do you know the new console and the new filter may be linked?

There is a thread on this forum discussing it. I just did a quick look but wasn’t able to locate it. (So much info shared here!) The posts and info that was shared seemed pretty definitive. I thin in it was something titled MY Console spotted but I’ll keep looking and post when I find it.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
There is a thread on this forum discussing it. I just did a quick look but wasn’t able to locate it. (So much info shared here!) The posts and info that was shared seemed pretty definitive. I thin in it was something titled MY Console spotted but I’ll keep looking and post when I find it.

I haven't seen a single HEPA confirmed outside of China. Have people actually confirmed it and posted photos on US Model Ys?

Interesting .. my SA bets new headlights and updated consoles are only for Model 3, he says they have not gotten any official communication from corporate regarding this.

Btw, I ordered MY 7 seater - SR on Feb8th (Texas). ETA was Feb 16th to March 7th and it changed to Feb 23 - March 23.

Interesting .. my SA bets new headlights and updated consoles are only for Model 3, he says they have not gotten any official communication from corporate regarding this.

Btw, I ordered MY 7 seater - SR on Feb8th (Texas). ETA was Feb 16th to March 7th and it changed to Feb 23 - March 23.
Hopefully he's not a betting man, as both have been seen on the Model Y (albeit not together that I'm aware of).

Reactions: dyau and MilSpec
I hope next week there's a flood of vins for everyone. Next month is the end of the quarter, that's when tesla makes their push to fill orders. So I think all of the January and February orders will be filled, or I hope they will. I ordered 1/13 and still don't have a vin. I guess living in California didn't make as much of a difference as I thought.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I have the same car as you but with 19” wheels and got my VIN today too! 130x as well. Sure hoping for the new console and lights!

Congrats! Be sure to keep us in the loop. From what I’ve been reading and based on your VINs it seems like the two of you should be more certain in getting the heated steering wheel and updated console. The two wildcards remain the updated lights and HEPA filter.
(Some are saying the updated console and HEPA may be linked)

I ordered 01/24/2021 so I’m hoping to be just about 1 week behind you.

Ordered 1/26 (LR AWD, gray w/ black, 7 seater, 20 in rims, no FSD). No VIN yet. Delivery estimate was originally 2/10-3/10. As others have mentioned, the earliest delivery date now changes daily to match current date, so it is now 2/17-3/10. I'm in Washington state.
Same car, but 19"s. Same state. Ordered at unveiling. No VIN either. Hopefully MSM 7-seaters get to WA soon!