Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I heard back from SA... my target build date and delivery date are pushed back another ten days till mid March (earlier this month he said it was scheduled to be here by tomorrow, last week it was early March....). This reminds me of gym class when you’re doing the plank and the teacher says “5 more seconds”, and five seconds later he says “5 more seconds” seemingly forever. Also no explanation why people with identical configurations and later order dates already have vins, but I’m just being whiny again. :(

• Funny
Reactions: dss33
So I heard back from SA... my target build date and delivery date are pushed back another ten days till mid March (earlier this month he said it was scheduled to be here by tomorrow, last week it was early March....). This reminds me of gym class when you’re doing the plank and the teacher says “5 more seconds”, and five seconds later he says “5 more seconds” seemingly forever. Also no explanation why people with identical configurations and later order dates already have vins, but I’m just being whiny again. :(
So what is your build?

frustrating !! same boat

Reactions: Giraffe950
Hey guys, I had ordered on 1/22 (7 seat LR AWD, White ext, Black int, Base wheels, No Tow, no FSD). Previously my Estimated Delivery Date was from <TODAY> to Mar 6. But today morning my Delivery Date disappeared from my account... What could that mean?

I just emailed mine and let them know that any delay past the original estimate is not acceptable. I sold my Model 3 already so need another car. I don't want to be in that EOQ rush where build quality suffers.

My SA has completely disappeared. For the first several weeks he was very responsive but I wonder if he is no longer with the company? Honestly I think the SAs are just hourly employees that have no vested interest in staying on top of things. (Probably overworked and under appreciated).

Just picked up- though it wasn’t perfect, I did get the new center console.

issues -
scratch on glass roof - SA said they will replace
Interior door panel - pinched - SA will replace when part arrives
Black molding on passenger rear door - has a scuff/scratch - will replace
Rear bumper - has the tiniest paint chip on the corner - SA addressed before I left with paint correction.

but the gaps and body lines look great. Interior functions are working. Delivery Agent said the new center consoles are hit and miss with the last few rounds of vehicles they got

Want to pick some suggestions here ...based on few forums discussion and FB posts, I see ppl are getting VINs who have CASH as the payment option and once they have the VIN assigned, they are switching to financing option (with the help of SA). Is it true VINs are assigned priority based on cash payment option and then to financing? It does not hurt to try - I am thinking.

Don't see how it could hurt. I'm just voicing my displeasure as a customer. I'm not asking for anything crazy. Now if they miss the cutoff, then we can start talking about other things...

"This is the way"

Purchasing a Tesla is unlike any other vehicle purchase in many ways. Delays on anything is expected. Think about it, you literally go on a website, hand pick your vehicle from scratch, and that order is then send to the factory to produce your "one of a kind" vehicle.

I highly doubt Tesla purposely pushes deliveries past expectation, they are just highly optimistic at times. If they give an estimate with a higher probability, such as 4-6 months, less people would buy them even if the same order has a chance of delivery of just a few weeks.

Even when I purchased a CPO Model S it took 6-8 weeks because or delivery and correcting anything and everything wrong with it. In the end, the wait was well worth it and after 4 years it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Want to pick some suggestions here ...based on few forums discussion and FB posts, I see ppl are getting VINs who have CASH as the payment option and once they have the VIN assigned, they are switching to financing option (with the help of SA). Is it true VINs are assigned priority based on cash payment option and then to financing? It does not hurt to try - I am thinking.

I'm thinking it's not the cash option itself but if the profile is complete all together. They make that clear on many emails you get while you wait. For instance mine isn't cheeked as done even though I have a loan approval, because I have to show proof of trade-in which I'm doing once I have a delivery date scheduled.

"This is the way"

Purchasing a Tesla is unlike any other vehicle purchase in many ways. Delays on anything is expected. Think about it, you literally go on a website, hand pick your vehicle from scratch, and that order is then send to the factory to produce your "one of a kind" vehicle.

I highly doubt Tesla purposely pushes deliveries past expectation, they are just highly optimistic at times. If they give an estimate with a higher probability, such as 4-6 months, less people would buy them even if the same order has a chance of delivery of just a few weeks.

Even when I purchased a CPO Model S it took 6-8 weeks because or delivery and correcting anything and everything wrong with it. In the end, the wait was well worth it and after 4 years it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

This isn't my first Tesla so I understand their poor customer service. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it better.

Just picked up- though it wasn’t perfect, I did get the new center console.

issues -
scratch on glass roof - SA said they will replace
Interior door panel - pinched - SA will replace when part arrives
Black molding on passenger rear door - has a scuff/scratch - will replace
Rear bumper - has the tiniest paint chip on the corner - SA addressed before I left with paint correction.

but the gaps and body lines look great. Interior functions are working. Delivery Agent said the new center consoles are hit and miss with the last few rounds of vehicles they got

What was your VIN number? (curious because of the new center console)

Hey guys, I had ordered on 1/22 (7 seat LR AWD, White ext, Black int, Base wheels, No Tow, no FSD). Previously my Estimated Delivery Date was from <TODAY> to Mar 6. But today morning my Delivery Date disappeared from my account... What could that mean?

This has happened to several of us here, including myself. Ordered 1/8 but my estimated delivery range disappeared on the last estimated day of 2/12. I haven't seen anything since and it is now a week later with no update. My SA on 2/12 said everything is normal and just wait for the VIN...I've been impatiently waiting since...

Reactions: Jemblue7my