Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to pick some suggestions here ...based on few forums discussion and FB posts, I see ppl are getting VINs who have CASH as the payment option and once they have the VIN assigned, they are switching to financing option (with the help of SA). Is it true VINs are assigned priority based on cash payment option and then to financing? It does not hurt to try - I am thinking.
According to the spreadsheet, somebody with the same configuration as me who is financing (I’m paying cash) already has a vin, even though his order was later, so I don’t think it matters.

Reactions: bharath9
seems like the ultimate lesson here is the SA's don't know any more than we do - lol
I have found that those who follow the forums closely exceed the general knowledge of most service advisors, and that this is put it to best use when is offered as a way to help them do their job better and tell them what’s going on from our perspective. they also appreciate getting told things that the company isn’t broadcasting and that we are reverse engineering out here as a community.

According to the spreadsheet, somebody with the same configuration as me who is financing (I’m paying cash) already has a vin, even though his order was later, so I don’t think it matters.

Thanks .. that is what puzzles me about Tesla on how VIN is assigned, based on what criteria. Well, if we knew the answer, we would not be lurking around in these forums :)

Reactions: Giraffe950
Hi all, been lurking for awhile but following this thread closely. My delivery date, which I would check every day, was previously [Today's Date] - Feb 27. Today it also disappeared. Hopefully that means a VIN is coming soon!

LR AWD / White Ext / Black Int / 20" Induction wheels / No FSD / No Tow
Ordered on 1/16, delivery profile complete 1/18
San Diego

I just emailed mine and let them know that any delay past the original estimate is not acceptable. I sold my Model 3 already so need another car. I don't want to be in that EOQ rush where build quality suffers.

Even I am taking this stance. Why to advertise unmeetable estimates? My loan offer is expected to expire on March 10th and will need a credit pull after that. Wondering if I have to anyways do a second credit pull, why to do with Tesla given they are so notorious with estimates. Have already started looking into other options and would very likely cancel the order. Tesla does not care, so why should I?

Even I am taking this stance. Why to advertise unmeetable estimates? My loan offer is expected to expire on March 10th and will need a credit pull after that. Wondering if I have to anyways do a second credit pull, why to do with Tesla given they are so notorious with estimates. Have already started looking into other options and would very likely cancel the order. Tesla does not care, so why should I?

Not an equal care-to-care comparison there. Your loss of an amazing vehicle is much greater than their loss of a customer.

I understand though, as I'm in the same boat, I don't like my credit pulled and with the loan likely to expire before delivery it's frustrating. Could have waited to do the loan until delivery but without that check on the profile it could have delayed it. Could have selected cash, but I prefer to have my info ready.

But I'm going from one Tesla to another for a reason. Would just be nice to not have these frustrations, but it is what it is for the meantime.

As far as the topic of this forum: I'm one of the many who's ETA disappeared last night. The spreadsheet shows the vins being assigned mainly to those that ordered prior to me, so I'm not going to dwell on it until I'm past ETA and orders post mine have deliveries. It was [rolling today] - March 14.

With the amount of people reporting this, I'm going to guess they did some big production overview to check where things stand and plan on recalculating dates based on their new assessment.

Not an equal care-to-care comparison there. Your loss of an amazing vehicle is much greater than their loss of a customer.

I understand though, as I'm in the same boat, I don't like my credit pulled and with the loan likely to expire before delivery it's frustrating. Could have waited to do the loan until delivery but without that check on the profile it could have delayed it. Could have selected cash, but I prefer to have my info ready.

But I'm going from one Tesla to another for a reason. Would just be nice to not have these frustrations, but it is what it is for the meantime.

As far as the topic of this forum: I'm one of the many who's ETA disappeared last night. The spreadsheet shows the vins being assigned mainly to those that ordered prior to me, so I'm not going to dwell on it until I'm past ETA and orders post mine have deliveries. It was [rolling today] - March 14.

With the amount of people reporting this, I'm going to guess they did some big production overview to check where things stand and plan on recalculating dates based on their new assessment.

Agree with you on everything except "loss of an amazing vehicle".. The only thing to lose would be that $100.

Anyways, we all are on the same boat and left at the mercy of Tesla.. Wish venting on the forum would've helped. Don't think other than us -- the customers, anyone else from Tesla is reading these posts :D

Don't think other than us -- the customers, anyone else from Tesla is reading these posts :D
FWIW- At one point in time I remember George Blankenship and Jon McNeill were active in these forums.
I think it’s amazing they could get this car out in the ballpark they estimated a year before COVID. Agree the delivery logistical kerkuffle is an unforced error. My approach with all things Tesla is just to give a lot of latitude and expect the unexpected. I know it’s not everyone’s preference nor is it a requirement.

Reactions: abtheguru and Ywait
For folks in the NYC area, after my ETA dates were removed yesterday (order date was Jan 21), I went into the lower Manhattan Tesla location today to have a chat.

First, they had a bunch of 7-seaters in stock in New York earlier, but they now have all been delivered, there are none to be sent out right now in NYC.

Then, the SA seemed quite sure in saying (1) that he thought delivery should be possible in the next two weeks for my order date, and (2) that in any event he was certain that it would be delivered by the end of the quarter (end March).

Third, he expected updated delivery information in my account within the next few days, although seemed less sure of that than the other points above.

And as an aside, there's now a 7-seater on the showroom floor for anyone who wants to bring their family to see if they fit in the 3rd row!

Has anyone asked specifically why all our delivery estimate dates would have disappeared? It’s clearly a large scale thing, so is it a glitch, or a choice, or a sign that there’s a production issue?

It isn’t a glitch. It’s that they decided to move production of all new 7-seaters for the remainder of the quarter to March. My guess is it’s a parts availability or simple logistics issue. Easier to just do ALL the 7-seaters at once. I’d anticipate delivery by end-of-quarter for all of us people waiting.

Reactions: reardencode
It isn’t a glitch. It’s that they decided to move production of all new 7-seaters for the remainder of the quarter to March. My guess is it’s a parts availability or simple logistics issue. Easier to just do ALL the 7-seaters at once. I’d anticipate delivery by end-of-quarter for all of us people waiting.
I believe 3's and S orders saw the same though. I agree that it's likely not a glitch but recalculations across the board.

For folks in the NYC area, after my ETA dates were removed yesterday (order date was Jan 21), I went into the lower Manhattan Tesla location today to have a chat.

First, they had a bunch of 7-seaters in stock in New York earlier, but they now have all been delivered, there are none to be sent out right now in NYC.

Then, the SA seemed quite sure in saying (1) that he thought delivery should be possible in the next two weeks for my order date, and (2) that in any event he was certain that it would be delivered by the end of the quarter (end March).

Third, he expected updated delivery information in my account within the next few days, although seemed less sure of that than the other points above.

And as an aside, there's now a 7-seater on the showroom floor for anyone who wants to bring their family to see if they fit in the 3rd row!

Brooklyn, NY, here and i just received my VIN on Friday. Expecting delivery of my MY 7 seater LR AWD, W/W within 2 weeks according to my SA in the Brooklyn Tesla Center.

Reactions: 11Dolly
But wouldn’t the dates just change to say March if that were the case? Mine said 3/2-3/30 and now nothing. I’m guessing it’s probably just done by choice. It would help with people wondering exact dates, though I do wish there was more info than just “we will contact you”

Good to see some NYC/Brooklyn people getting VINs. I'm also in Brooklyn and ordered back in March 2019 with no VIN yet. I wonder if it had to do with a text I received in late January asking if I want to take delivery within 1-2 months or end of Spring. I missed replying to the text, but my SA told me it's fine and I'm still queued for a VIN as soon as available.