Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just wanted to update you all, maybe it'll help those that are waiting for their VIN, since you all helped me so much! Thank you!

Got my VIN yesterday, 130xxx!! MY7/LR/White/Black Int/19" Geminis/No FSD/No Towing.
Ordered on 1/18/2021, original delivery range was 2/8 - 3/8, then changed to 2/28 - 3/18 about 10 days ago.
Last Thursday the dates completely disappeared. After my VIN updated yesterday my total price did update to reflect the $1000 price drop.
Based on what I am reading, I should have the double glass, heated steering wheel, updated console and the updated headlights is unknown.

Now patiently waiting for delivery confirmation and schedule for pickup in Kansas.

Is there someplace that has a reference to these model updates and the VIN range where they have been confirmed?
For example, heated steering wheel confirmed on VINXXXXXX, new console confirmed on VINXXXXXX, etc.

From reading around - heated steering wheel started about VIN115XXX, new console started about VIN120XXX, and headlights about VIN130XXX (aside from the Performance Y, which got them earlier).

If I have these wrong, feel free to correct me.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Hi All,

Just wanted to update you all, maybe it'll help those that are waiting for their VIN, since you all helped me so much! Thank you!

Got my VIN yesterday, 130xxx!! MY7/LR/White/Black Int/19" Geminis/No FSD/No Towing.
Ordered on 1/18/2021, original delivery range was 2/8 - 3/8, then changed to 2/28 - 3/18 about 10 days ago.
Last Thursday the dates completely disappeared. After my VIN updated yesterday my total price did update to reflect the $1000 price drop.
Based on what I am reading, I should have the double glass, heated steering wheel, updated console and the updated headlights is unknown.

Now patiently waiting for delivery confirmation and schedule for pickup in Kansas.

Congrats on the VIN! It's interesting how Tesla prioritizes orders. I have the exact same config, but ordered 1/8, and still no VIN.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Hi All,

Hi
I think after 130xxx new headlights are included.
My SA said For Toronto vin to delivery takes 2 weeks
That sound about right .just got an email from my SA .the car is coming to them on March 9th at the SC and delivery 2 -3 days later

@illusion8 If you truly have the exact same config then the decision must be made on location. Maybe they try to produce the cars that are farthest away from the factory or the most secluded SC's first to ensure they get delivered to the SC and ultimately the customer before the end of the quarter. The KC SC seems to be the closet to all of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Missouri. The other person who got a VIN is in Canada..... I called my SA today to make sure I would still get an SR and he said yes and it should be by the end of the quarter, he is a very nice guy but like most have stated, he is less informed than all us lurkers on these forums!

@Axeman Hi, my name is Tim, and I am..... waiting for a VIN.

@illusion8 If you truly have the exact same config then the decision must be made on location. Maybe they try to produce the cars that are farthest away from the factory or the most secluded SC's first to ensure they get delivered to the SC and ultimately the customer before the end of the quarter. The KC SC seems to be the closet to all of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Missouri. The other person who got a VIN is in Canada..... I called my SA today to make sure I would still get an SR and he said yes and it should be by the end of the quarter, he is a very nice guy but like most have stated, he is less informed than all us lurkers on these forums!

All- "Hi Tim!"

• Funny
Reactions: mcmcn and Axeman
Apparently you can contact Tesla (not sure exactly how, I’m a noob) to find out if you got (1) new console, (2) heated steering wheel, (3) new headlights and (4) HEPA filter. Would you be willing to do that and let us know?
Best way to know all the info is to call your SA .Mine was able to see where my car (vin) was at at this movement and when they are expected to have them in SC and what new additions would I have except for headlights .Hepa is definitely not going to be there for sure for few months yet .Headlights is a hut and miss .Fingers crossed for that but I am not bothered by not having them.

Yup, I figured so much and seems to be consistent with what others have said. CA orders are low hanging fruit that Tesla can deliver in a day or two, so they're probably saving some of us for last to maximize the quarter end deliveries. I haven't seen a CA VIN for my exact build yet, so a combination of location and build batch seems to be the root cause (or so I keep telling myself...)

LR AWD Blue/black interior/tow hitch/FSD/19"/7 seat to be delivered in Salt Lake City; reserved 12/2019.

I'm one of those that's had my ETA taken away a couple of times; currently without ETA or VIN on my Tesla account (even checked page source just now).

This morning I got a text from Tesla saying:
"We are currently waiting for a VIN to be assigned from the factory. In the meantime, please get to know your vehicle at this link"

From the sounds of it, this is a normal text that they send occasionally to people with reservations, so I probably shouldn't read into it too much but wanted to share my experience so far.

I just talked to my SA and she confirmed. Tesla is going discontinue standard range because of not having enough orders. Existing orders will be manufactured though.
Take all SAs say about Tesla’s strategy with a grain of salt. Knowing stuff and believing they know stuff and wanting to show they know stuff can be very uncorrelated.

If we all knew that, this forum would be drastically different. This is more of a Vin in waiting support group!

"Vin in waiting support group" So spot on. On the one hand, I've been disappointed and frustrated that my original estinated delivery date of 2/12 came and went. On the other hand, hearing about the upgrades and $1,000 discount has been good.

Now, I'm at a point where if my credit has to be pulled again because we go past 60 days, do I hang on for a couple more months to get clarity on the EV tax credit? I wasn't even planning to get rid of the car it's replacing since it's fully paid and in pristine condition, so I'm really not in a rush other than itching to get my hands on the vehicle.