Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My date was moved back again to 3/5, but its in transit. MY SA said that the VINs are not sequential (as many have stated), and he also added that they switched the line on 2/8. So if you know your build date is after 2/8 then you should be good. FWIW, I have a 116XXX VIN and was built on 2/14 (valentine's day). The plot thickens, though, b/c we are headed on vacation on 3/4, so he thinks it will get here a little early, but if it doesn't he already told me that won't hold it for more than 3 days...so i will have to go back in queue...never a dull moment.

• Informative
Reactions: flyingcasual
My date was moved back again to 3/5, but its in transit. MY SA said that the VINs are not sequential (as many have stated), and he also added that they switched the line on 2/8. So if you know your build date is after 2/8 then you should be good. FWIW, I have a 116XXX VIN and was built on 2/14 (valentine's day). The plot thickens, though, b/c we are headed on vacation on 3/4, so he thinks it will get here a little early, but if it doesn't he already told me that won't hold it for more than 3 days...so i will have to go back in queue...never a dull moment.
Similar situation. Scheduled delivery for 3/5 but scheduled a vacation for 3/10. Im really hoping that there are no delays because just like you have said, they won't hold the car for more than 3 days. If you can't pick it up, the car goes to someone else and you will need to start the order all over again. Hoping for the best. Good luck to you as well.

Reactions: Schmize
That's great news! My VIN is also 112XXX, and I was worried it may have been too low to score the heated wheel or new console. Taking delivery on Tuesday!

White / Black / AWD / 19" / No FSD / Hitch / Rochester, NY

Congrats on your delivery!
I’m a day-1 reservation holder in Syracuse and got my VIN on Sunday (2/21). Finalized my insurance and waiting now for word on my delivery. Do you have to travel down to NYC to pick up your car too? I can’t believe the closest delivery center is a 5 hour drive away.

I had a weird thing happen when I tried to upload proof of insurance. I uploaded the pdf of my insurance cards, but the website didn’t show the submit button. I had to “remove” the uploaded file and then it showed all the fields, the upload area and a submit button. Lost a day on that… Did anyone else notice that?

LRAWD / Blue Ext / Black Int / NoTow / 19” / FSD / Syracuse, NY / VIN 130,9XX

Congrats on your delivery!
I’m a day-1 reservation holder in Syracuse and got my VIN on Sunday (2/21). Finalized my insurance and waiting now for word on my delivery. Do you have to travel down to NYC to pick up your car too? I can’t believe the closest delivery center is a 5 hour drive away.

I had a weird thing happen when I tried to upload proof of insurance. I uploaded the pdf of my insurance cards, but the website didn’t show the submit button. I had to “remove” the uploaded file and then it showed all the fields, the upload area and a submit button. Lost a day on that… Did anyone else notice that?

LRAWD / Blue Ext / Black Int / NoTow / 19” / FSD / Syracuse, NY / VIN 130,9XX

I think I lost more than a day. I uploaded my insurance stuff, and a couple days later, the S.A. mentioned that they still needed it. I ended up emailing it to him. It's also misleading, because I got the impression from the website that in my state (PA) you needed a vin first, which obviously, nobody has.

I think I lost more than a day. I uploaded my insurance stuff, and a couple days later, the S.A. mentioned that they still needed it. I ended up emailing it to him. It's also misleading, because I got the impression from the website that in my state (PA) you needed a vin first, which obviously, nobody has.

Same here. I thought it didn't "check" because it's not being delivered yet. Wasn't until these posts this morning that I pressed the remove button and typed in the info and uploaded again, now it's checked. I had emailed them to my SA prior tho. Not sure what kind of delay this may have caused, but I ordered Jan 31st so there's many more before me that should get theirs first anyway.

Side note, I'm surprised that the estimated windows are still missing. Maybe too many people complained about their accuracy haha

Reactions: Giraffe950

Yeah, I'm taking a 6-hour train ride to Mt. Kisco, then driving the MY all the way back the same day. At least it'll give me plenty of time to play with my new toy!

Same here. I thought it didn't "check" because it's not being delivered yet. Wasn't until these posts this morning that I pressed the remove button and typed in the info and uploaded again, now it's checked. I had emailed them to my SA prior tho. Not sure what kind of delay this may have caused, but I ordered Jan 31st so there's many more before me that should get theirs first anyway.

Side note, I'm surprised that the estimated windows are still missing. Maybe too many people complained about their accuracy haha

I'm wondering if this is my problem. I uploaded my insurance card, and I do see a picture of it. I also confirmed with my SA that there's nothing left for me to do. However, I don't see any "check." There is a "replace" button, which I clicked before and had to re-take a picture of my insurance card. Is there something that I'm missing?

Reactions: illusion8
I'm wondering if this is my problem. I uploaded my insurance card, and I do see a picture of it. I also confirmed with my SA that there's nothing left for me to do. However, I don't see any "check." There is a "replace" button, which I clicked before and had to re-take a picture of my insurance card. Is there something that I'm missing?

I had a similar issue with my proof of insurance upload. I uploaded and saw a broken image where I would have expected to see an image. Also, no check box. My SA said that it's all fine and won't slow down the process. If memory serves, he even mentioned this step could be done any day leading up to delivery. Regardless, I re-uploaded proof of insurance today. I still have a broken image but I now have a checkmark where I only had a plus sign before. That part of the process appears to be complete for me now.

I feel like after years of using the internet that I'm pretty good at uploading things. Good enough, at least, that I could list it as a legitimate skill on LinkedIn. Still, I think this feature is kind of busted.

I had a similar issue ...

I think it's the way the auto crop worked to generate the preview image. If there are a lot of white space in your proof of insurance it might just be cropping a bad spot. I don't remember how I fixed this but I seem to recall pre-cropping the image so there weren't any white spaces on my proof of insurance.

Looks like we could be waiting even longer as manufacturing shuts down. I believe this includes the MY, but could be wrong.

Tesla halts Model 3 line at Fremont factory until March 7th: report

The " speculation over a shortage in semiconductors worldwide" could very well be a reason why all the models no longer show estimated dates as they be unsure of this shortage. All speculations at this point but it does seem plausible for delays.

My concern would be the rush in catching up and end of quarter, that's where a lot of the QC issues seem to generate.