Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's the way the auto crop worked to generate the preview image. If there are a lot of white space in your proof of insurance it might just be cropping a bad spot. I don't remember how I fixed this but I seem to recall pre-cropping the image so there weren't any white spaces on my proof of insurance.

I ended up taking a screenshot and uploading it as an image. PDF showed a broken symbol. Didn't try PDF again just happened to do a screenshot from my insurance app the second time. Second time also gave me options to fill in company/policy ID's. It didn't the first time.

I'm wondering if this is my problem. I uploaded my insurance card, and I do see a picture of it. I also confirmed with my SA that there's nothing left for me to do. However, I don't see any "check." There is a "replace" button, which I clicked before and had to re-take a picture of my insurance card. Is there something that I'm missing?

Same here. Tried "replace" a couple times and it still just shows the + sign. No "check"

I think it's the way the auto crop worked to generate the preview image. If there are a lot of white space in your proof of insurance it might just be cropping a bad spot. I don't remember how I fixed this but I seem to recall pre-cropping the image so there weren't any white spaces on my proof of insurance.

If that's the case, maybe I can use the delay to my advantage and leave things as is. While I've been itching to get the vehicle, I'm not in a rush since I was not planning to do a trade in, and $7,000 is a lot to leave on the table. Even if the EV tax credit doesn't get passed in the near future, it would help my decision making to at least have a better idea on what will happen to it.

Maybe it's to ramp up MY production to catch up on orders. Stay positive my friends!
The " speculation over a shortage in semiconductors worldwide" could very well be a reason why all the models no longer show estimated dates as they be unsure of this shortage. All speculations at this point but it does seem plausible for delays.

My concern would be the rush in catching up and end of quarter, that's where a lot of the QC issues seem to generate.

Seems like fair speculation on both counts. I texted my SA this morning to ask if Model Y's were impacted. The glass half full part of me hopes they are focusing production on the Model Y over the 3. </wishful thinking>

I'll post back once I have a response from my SA.

Reactions: Axeman
Seems like SR Y 7-seaters are going to be quite the unicorn.
M happy I getting one of these .toronto .MY SR 7 SEATER ,MSM ,19 GEMINI ,NO HITCH ,BLACK INTERIOR .....order date jan 16th .vin came on Feb 21st ... 132XXX VIN .born on 20th Feb. Right now in transit .all paperwork is done .
Expected to be in Toronto on March 9th .delivery possibly March 10th to 17th .

Everything updated in there ..except the hepa and headlights which I don't think they will do in SR

M happy I getting one of these .toronto .MY SR 7 SEATER ,MSM ,19 GEMINI ,NO HITCH ,BLACK INTERIOR .....order date jan 16th .vin came on Feb 21st ... 132XXX VIN .born on 20th Feb. Right now in transit .all paperwork is done .
Expected to be in Toronto on March 9th .delivery possibly March 10th to 17th .

Everything updated in there ..except the hepa and headlights which I don't think they will do in SR
Hi
Congrats
Do you see vin# in your Tesla Account page?

I had a similar issue with my proof of insurance upload. I uploaded and saw a broken image where I would have expected to see an image. Also, no check box. My SA said that it's all fine and won't slow down the process. If memory serves, he even mentioned this step could be done any day leading up to delivery. Regardless, I re-uploaded proof of insurance today. I still have a broken image but I now have a checkmark where I only had a plus sign before. That part of the process appears to be complete for me now.

I had the same problem with the "insurance broken image page". It did not affect getting my VIN number. VIN still appeared in my account without the insurance being fixed. After the VIN was issued, I hit replace, took a screenshot and redid the insurance.

Where is this from and how do you add your name to the sheet? I ordered my LR model Y 7 Seater on 01/31/2021. I went in and did it at the location in Scottsdale with a SA and received my terms and accepted it all on the same day. It had originally said that it would be from Feb 14-March 14 and now it is gone on the website. On a side note, I did get the $1k discount offered this week.

Where is this from and how do you add your name to the sheet? I ordered my LR model Y 7 Seater on 01/31/2021. I went in and did it at the location in Scottsdale with a SA and received my terms and accepted it all on the same day. It had originally said that it would be from Feb 14-March 14 and now it is gone on the website. On a side note, I did get the $1k discount offered this week.
You can add you order to the list by visiting the following thread: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

Another 7-seat order added to list to be manufactured placed on Sunday (2/21/21)
I test drove a Model Y on Monday from the Walnut Creek store, it had the heated steering wheel and new center console which I like better than the previous version.
Snapshot of our specs:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Another 7-seat order added to list to be manufactured placed on Sunday (2/21/21)
I test drove a Model Y on Monday from the Walnut Creek store, it had the heated steering wheel and new center console which I like better than the previous version.
Snapshot of our specs:
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
That is the same configuration I ordered on 1/16. I haven't heard anything on VIN/Delivery yet.

Snapshot of our specs:
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Congratulations! That is my exact configuration, as well. I ordered on 01/11/2021, with estimated delivery 2-5 weeks, which disappeared on 02/15/2021. No VIN or estimated delivery. The waiting is killing me!!!!