Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just an update from someone who has a VIN (posted my info earlier and on the Google Sheet). It seems deliveries from West to East coast have been delayed somewhat. We took a 2 day delivery delay already. It seems our car is stuck in California. After shipment its supposed to be routed through Chicago and then out to New York (takes about 2+ weeks). Has anyone else seen delivery delays?

My wife works at a hospital and is on call this month so it's making us crazy with our pick-up date. We can only pick up on weekends due to her work and then delay put us into mid-week. You only have a 3-day pick up window. They require 24-hours after arrival at SC before pick-up. And home deliveries it seems are NOT possible here in New York as you have to greater than 250 miles from the SC. Otherwise SC pick-up is the only option.

Mine was also delayed from tomorrow to Saturday. It's also a challenge for us, since the SC is 6+ hours away. Seeing all the people on here still waiting for VINs, though, I can't complain too much.

LR / 7-seat / No FSD / White / Black / Tow / Rochester, NY

Same here - our delivery was delayed by 2 days. Was supposed to take the delivery today, but instead it was rescheduled around week ago to Wed. Had SA call me on this Sat to confirm the Wed date, with car supposedly arriving to local delivery center tomorrow.

Maybe the delays were caused by the severe weather we had some 2 weeks ago? Anyhow, as others said, cannot complain, given many here still are waiting for VINs. On the other hand - keep in mind you all who are waiting for those VINs may end up with bonuses like the 82kW battery! :)

Reactions: EchoDelta
And just an update from someone who has a VIN (posted my info earlier and on the Google Sheet). It seems deliveries from West to East coast have been delayed somewhat. We took a 2 day delivery delay already. It seems our car is stuck in California. After shipment its supposed to be routed through Chicago and then out to New York (takes about 2+ weeks). Has anyone else seen delivery delays?

My wife works at a hospital and is on call this month so it's making us crazy with our pick-up date. We can only pick up on weekends due to her work and then delay put us into mid-week. You only have a 3-day pick up window. They require 24-hours after arrival at SC before pick-up. And home deliveries it seems are NOT possible here in New York as you have to greater than 250 miles from the SC. Otherwise SC pick-up is the only option.
Same anxiety. We have to drive 6 hours to pick up my husband works at a hospital as well and working 2 of the March weekends, I’m a teacher and have to prearrange a sub if we have to be there on a weekday. February looked MUCH nicer for pick up but now I guess we will just live in a state of anxiety.

Reactions: Giraffe950
I empathize, our household is similar. I’m sure the delivery folks will work with you if you ask and explain the situation.
We are expecting in late March early April. I’m just assuming Murphy will jump out of the back of our scheduled MY 7 seater and Tesla will schedule delivery at the same time my wife has our baby. Only Tesla could get away with the three day window or back of the line thing.

If it comes down to it, I might be dissatisfied enough to move on from Tesla if they bumped us to the back of the line due to a child birth. Certainly hoping the two don’t line up!

Tesmanian is reporting on the quarter-end push with pictures.

Plenty of MY's in these photos but no idea how may 7-seaters, obviously. Interesting to see the colors being produced.

I'm also in the same boat as a few others. Starting to enter a pucker zone where we'll be out of town March 15th - 20th.

Still awaiting a VIN of my own.

Ordered 1/23/2021 with delivery to Colorado. Nearing the back side of our original delivery window of March 6th and not confident that we'll hit that date.

LR/Black/Black and White/Induction/Tow Pckg

I’m quite annoyed with the entire process. I have a SA that doesn’t know anything and doesn’t seem to care. I placed my order in September 2019 and don’t have an estimated delivery date or VIN. It coming up now on the 60 days since we got approved financing so they are going to have to do another hard credit pull. I’m in Nevada so it seems like we on the west coast are being pushed to the end of the line just so their quarterly numbers can look better while taking care of the low hanging fruit last.

I’m quite annoyed with the entire process. I have a SA that doesn’t know anything and doesn’t seem to care. I placed my order in September 2019 and don’t have an estimated delivery date or VIN. It coming up now on the 60 days since we got approved financing so they are going to have to do another hard credit pull. I’m in Nevada so it seems like we on the west coast are being pushed to the end of the line just so their quarterly numbers can look better while taking care of the low hanging fruit last.
So I feel like an idiot asking but I've never bought a new Tesla, only used from 3rd parties. How do you contact your delivery advisor? Like where do you get an email? Or do you just call up the local delivery center and they give it to you? I see nothing on my order page...

I’m just assuming Murphy will jump out of the back of our scheduled MY 7 seater and Tesla will schedule delivery at the same time my wife has our baby.!
I'd just give a headsup to your DS and hammer it in their head. Maybe I've been lucky in my samples of N=2, but in the past DSs have made a non-issue of events like this. I think they are more concerned with permaprocastrinators.

So I feel like an idiot asking but I've never bought a new Tesla, only used from 3rd parties. How do you contact your delivery advisor? Like where do you get an email? Or do you just call up the local delivery center and they give it to you? I see nothing on my order page...
Hi cam, very good question, soon after I placed my 2 orders SR7Y my SA from my city called me. When I got VIN and delivery date assigned I received text from Freemont area code. Also you can chat with support asking your SA to contact you or call your local SA # if you have questions.

Let us know if we can help with anything. Best wishes.

Does anyone know if the loan credit pull is automatic after 60 days has lapsed or there is some prompt that credit needs to be re-run? I'm wondering when it's necessary to unfreeze my credit report.
Hi illusion,
Email [email protected] might be able to answer that same to ask for better rate from other banks. My delivery date is 3/7 order date 1/13. I will need to inspect the car, talk to SA regarding my options, then log in my account to pay $4xxx and accept financing terms to drive it home. Thus, there are opportunities to rerun credits check if needed at that time etc.

• Informative
Reactions: illusion8
Hey guys...
I had ordered a white/black MY 7 seat LR, basic autopilot on 1/22
Yesterday Tesla called me saying that I had gotten a VIN(113xxx, has heated steering and new console) and the car was ready for pickup. I inspected my car with a checklist, and everything looked good, so I accepted delivery. The paint was good, and there were no panel gaps.

Afterwards, the car rebooted to get assigned to my account, but the screen kept on glitching and didn't turn on. So we tried a reset by pressing both scroll wheels, and the screen still glitched, and kept flickering black while trying to turn on. So since I had accepted the car, they said they would take it to service and gave me an MYP with FSD to use. They told me they are trying to fix the car and will get back to me later today. Apparently the car is getting remote service from California.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Hey guys...
I had ordered a white/black MY 7 seat LR, basic autopilot on 1/22
Yesterday Tesla called me saying that I had gotten a VIN(113xxx, has heated steering and new console) and the car was ready for pickup. I inspected my car with a checklist, and everything looked good, so I accepted delivery. The paint was good, and there were no panel gaps.

Afterwards, the car rebooted to get assigned to my account, but the screen kept on glitching and didn't turn on. So we tried a reset by pressing both scroll wheels, and the screen still glitched, and kept flickering black while trying to turn on. So since I had accepted the car, they said they would take it to service and gave me an MYP with FSD to use. They told me they are trying to fix the car and will get back to me later today. Apparently the car is getting remote service from California.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

I would start a new thread for this. Most people reading this thread are likely still waiting for their Teslas.

I was just looking at the spreadsheet and aside from @11Dolly it looks like three other 7-seaters received VINs today! Woot!

Edit.. Additionally they all seem to be white, so if you are waiting on white 7-seater then today might be your lucky day! None in CA, looks like GA, FL, TX and Canada.

this gives me hope...as I am in TX waiting for this config: white/white/20" and per my SA I'm supposed to receive my VIN today (although I don't know if the factory shutdown was known at the time SA told me this on 2/11).

Reactions: 11Dolly and mcmcn
I was just looking at the spreadsheet and aside from @11Dolly it looks like three other 7-seaters received VINs today! Woot!

Edit.. Additionally they all seem to be white, so if you are waiting on white 7-seater then today might be your lucky day! None in CA, looks like GA, FL, TX and Canada.

Also confirms that they are moving from east to west coast in delivery’s. My model is White but Utah is close enough to Cali that I’d imagine they continue to drag their feet on my order until the end of the month. Bummer. This last six weeks of waiting has been trying. I cant even imagine what people who ordered in 2019 are feeling.

Received this bummer of a text today. Had a scheduled delivery on 3/5 and I'm already made reservations to go away 3/10. I called them to let them know my situation to see if anything can be done. Whats even more suspicious is, I had then check the last known location of my car, and its in NJ!!!! About an hour away from where i need to pick it up from. Im looking out my window and I dont see any severe weather anywhere around.

Tesla Update - Due to severe weather, we now expect your Model Y to arrive later to the Brooklyn Delivery Center than we originally anticipated. We will update you tomorrow with new timing for your delivery appointment.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are looking forward to delivering your Model Y soon.