Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from my SR today. Said my car showed up early and moved my delivery up to this Saturday (3/6)! :D I was originally scheduled for Tuesday 3/9 which meant I would have had to take a day off work. The delivery center is a 4+ hour drive from my house. It’s been a long wait. Ordered on the night of the reveal 3/15/19.

LRAWD / Blue Ext / Black Int / NoTow / 19” / FSD / Syracuse, NY / VIN 130,9XX

Looks like the Tesla page has been modified/changed. I just logged in and when I noticed the new format (at the top of the screen it said Prepare For Delivery) I almost did a back flip as I thought it meant I may finally have a vin...
no luck. Still just an order number. Has anyone else noticed the new format?
My page still looks the same, no VIN, no ETA. I just see the insurance box with a check.

My page still looks the same, no VIN, no ETA. I just see the insurance box with a check.

Same and I’m getting really annoyed by the entire process and the lies of “3-6 weeks” for delivery. Getting close to Tesla having to do ANOTHER hard pull on my credit so that I can wait longer and possibly have the whole process repeat again. The sales advisors suck, don’t know anything and are MIA most the time. Things I’ve learned this time around (I’m a Model 3 owner): order reservation date doesn’t matter at all (I placed my order mid 2019); previous Tesla customers DO NOT get priority as advertised; customer care/ service is garbage; If you live on the west coast you are getting screwed and put to last priority just so Tesla can better their quarterly sales numbers.

Just got a VIN today... 141xxx. LR, Blue/Black, 7 seater, 20", hitch, no FSD. Build date was yesterday (3 March)

Ordered 1/30 with an original delivery timeframe of 2/13 - 3/13... which has been gone for a few weeks now. No delivery update yet.

Edit: SA just responded and said, based on what he understands, it should have the new headlights.

Last edited:
Just got a VIN today... 141xxx. LR, Blue/Black, 7 seater, 20", hitch, no FSD. Build date was yesterday (3 March)

Ordered 1/30 with an original delivery timeframe of 2/13 - 3/13... which has been gone for a few weeks now. No delivery update yet.

Edit: SA just responded and said, based on what he understands, it should have the new headlights.
Do you mind sharing the state you live in?

Awesome!! Same specs as mine. Nice to see the coloured cars finally getting produced

Seems like I read somewhere on this forum that it is possible, based on VIN, for someone at Tesla to verify what the car was built with (e.g. new console, heated wheel, new headlights, etc.). Anyone know if that’s true, and if so how? If so, perhaps you could inquire and let us know?

I’m personally interested because I took a calculated risk and waited to order until it looked likely that the headlights would be included by the time mine is built. My order was placed Feb 20 for a white ext, black int, LR, 7-seat, 19” wheel, no hitch, no FSD. My plan is to reject the VIN and wait for another if it does not have the new lights. So what I’m hoping to see are some actual reports of configs similar to mine being delivered with new lights before my VIN is assigned.

Seems like I read somewhere on this forum that it is possible, based on VIN, for someone at Tesla to verify what the car was built with (e.g. new console, heated wheel, new headlights, etc.). Anyone know if that’s true, and if so how? If so, perhaps you could inquire and let us know?

I’m personally interested because I took a calculated risk and waited to order until it looked likely that the headlights would be included by the time mine is built. My order was placed Feb 20 for a white ext, black int, LR, 7-seat, 19” wheel, no hitch, no FSD. My plan is to reject the VIN and wait for another if it does not have the new lights. So what I’m hoping to see are some actual reports of configs similar to mine being delivered with new lights before my VIN is assigned.

I have a 138xxx VIN, build of 26 Feb I believe, on its way. SA just told me yes to new console, heated steering wheel, but was silent (which I take as a no) for HEPA and new headlights.

I could very well be wrong, but I don't think I've seen confirmed, with photos, any Freemont-built MY LR AWD 7-seaters with new headlights. There have been promises by SAs, but I'm waiting for anyone to confirm?

What I've seen has either been from China, or MY Performance, or not the new headlights.

Reactions: camthehombre

I got my VIN on Monday (LR 7 20" white/white) 134XXX with build date March 1st. My SA could tell it came out of the gate at 1:45am! He doesn't seem to know anymore than is published, regarding the updates. He said only performance models were getting new headlights. I sure hope he is wrong and your SA is right!!! I am scheduled to pick up on the 16th in Decatur,GA.

Reactions: camthehombre
Exciting to see the number of VINs being dished out.

Like a few of you, I should be expecting a VIN any day but I'll be unable to pick up for a 6-day stretch in March (a Griswold family road trip). I'm sure I will be notified that my MY7 will be available for pick up on the day we leave because ... Murphy.

I spoke to my SA yesterday and asked him what my options are if that happened. He kindly pointed me to the purchase agreement stating that I have 3 days to pick up from the time the vehicle is ready. He stated that if I'm unable to pick up that the vehicle would go to the next person in line. He also said it's not all bad news because I wouldn't go to the back of the line again and stated that it usually results in a 1-2 week delay. Take this for what it's worth and I put very little stock in any sort of communicated timelines. That said, it doesn't seem the process starts over from scratch.

Exciting to see the number of VINs being dished out.

Like a few of you, I should be expecting a VIN any day but I'll be unable to pick up for a 6-day stretch in March (a Griswold family road trip). I'm sure I will be notified that my MY7 will be available for pick up on the day we leave because ... Murphy.

I spoke to my SA yesterday and asked him what my options are if that happened. He kindly pointed me to the purchase agreement stating that I have 3 days to pick up from the time the vehicle is ready. He stated that if I'm unable to pick up that the vehicle would go to the next person in line. He also said it's not all bad news because I wouldn't go to the back of the line again and stated that it usually results in a 1-2 week delay. Take this for what it's worth and I put very little stock in any sort of communicated timelines. That said, it doesn't seem the process starts over from scratch.
Are you picking up in Superior?

Seeing lots of 7 seaters with vin's on the spreadsheet now, most before my order date, but a few after mine (1/31). Main thing I'm seeing is the profile completion data or the orders after mine were before I completed mine (thanks to red tapes you have to go through to have a completed profile).

I'm hoping to have a VIN very soon and delivered soon to avoid being in the end of quarter rush orders that may have more QC issues (complete assumption)

I took a look at the spreadsheet and have noticed 4 California Vins! 2 were ordered in 2019 and 2 were on 1/08/2021. All of them White, so hopefully we see the flood gates open for us Californians soon!

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Axeman
same here regarding accessories! I have the Tesla all weather mats, rugged textile trunk mat, all weather front trunk liner, garage door opener, and center console trays.

you can probably send back the SSD for sentry mode since they include that with the car now!

just got my VIN! refreshed my page and saw it but also got an email! paid but now waiting to be contacted for delivery scheduling.