Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still impatiently waiting for mine. I'm 5 days shy of it being 2 months when my estimate was 2-6 weeks. Still no answers from SA a to what's going on. I've extended my auto loan out another 60 days, so that is no longer a concern. Now I'm hoping to get it soon because I have the clean air vehicle grant that expires on the 29th. Never a dull moment!

Hey everyone, long time reader, first time poster. I'm 0xA1EC on the spreadsheet and received my VIN last Friday morning (3/5/2021). I placed my 7-seat order January of 2020 (not 2021). I will be picking up in Eatonville, FL in about two weeks. As of Friday morning, it's on a train from Fremont to Richmond, VA.

Order​

*VIN: 130,9xx*
Model Y Long Range AWD (originally LR RWD, #RIP)
White on white
7-seater
19" wheels
Autopilot

Estimated Delivery Date​

Funny enough, I still don't have an estimated delivery date even though there is a VIN and I've confirmed its existence with my two advisors. In late January/early February, it was showing 2/15 - 3/4, but disappeared a few days into February and hasn't shown back up since.

Updated Pricing​

It also still shows the old pricing under "Car Price," even though the "Price Details" show the $1,000 price drop. When I add them up together I get the correct price, but the summed total hasn't been updated--my advisor is looking into it.

Updates?​

An update from my sales and delivery advisors (two separate people):
- New Console: both agreed
- Heated Steering Wheel: both agreed
- New Headlights: Sales advisor said yes, delivery advisor confirmed it should be in Performance Model Y only (as expected)
- Battery improvements: Sales advisor brought this up--he mentioned a few miles extra range but didn't go into more detail. My delivery advisor said "Not necessarily a longer range, but it may charge faster and hold a charge longer. Of course, I'll take it all with a grain of salt.

Ask me whatever you want, I don't have much more information, but am happy to follow up!

Ordered 2/20, waiting impatiently for a VIN. Model Y, LR, 7 seater, Pearl White, Black Interior, 19" wheels. Did a second test drive while waiting (hubby was worried about sun on his head), and my contact there told me they expect to see the 7 seaters come in to PDX end of March.

Had delivery on Mar 6th in Toronto and lots of issues ,I rejected delivery and I don't know when is gonna be my next delivery
Issues: 2 of doors hinches paint was stripped, door frame was bent,2nd row seat was not moving,3rd row seat was punched in couple areas and car was dirty overall.

• Informative
Reactions: RockyMtnRed
Hey All: I'm about to pull the trigger on a new MY LR. I never considered getting the 7 seat option but it seems like there isnt really a downside except price. Aside from losing the 2nd under floor storage and a few inches of storage space where the3rd row seats sit when folded, is there any other downside to the 7 seater? Is the remaining under floor storage area the same size as the 5 seater? Does the 2nd row have the same amount of max legroom? Any input would be appreciated. TIA!

Had delivery on Mar 6th in Toronto and lots of issues ,I rejected delivery and I don't know when is gonna be my next delivery
Issues: 2 of doors hinches paint was stripped, door frame was bent,2nd row seat was not moving,3rd row seat was punched in couple areas and car was dirty overall.
I can’t imagine how disappointing that must have been. Hopefully the next one will come quick! I have a SR delivery scheduled for 3/15 and I’m anxious it goes ok - not sure if I’ll get another chance for a SR7.

Hey All: I'm about to pull the trigger on a new MY LR. I never considered getting the 7 seat option but it seems like there isnt really a downside except price. Aside from losing the 2nd under floor storage and a few inches of storage space where the3rd row seats sit when folded, is there any other downside to the 7 seater? Is the remaining under floor storage area the same size as the 5 seater? Does the 2nd row have the same amount of max legroom? Any input would be appreciated. TIA!

Disclaimer: Everything I know about the difference between the 5 and 7 seater came from this YouTube video.

I thought it was a great breakdown of, not only the seats but the updated finishes and features.

Reactions: flyingcasual