Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's great to see all the VINs assigned and hearing that people are receiving--and loving--their MYs. Still waiting here in Washington. 1/26 order, MSM/black, 20", no FSD, no tow. Original delivery window of 2/10-3/10 passed ... without a peep from my SA. I have checked in 2-3 times over the past month but haven't even received an update. I reached out to a different store to see if they can provide any info. If I configure the same car on the Tesla website now, it says delivery in 1-2 weeks. Maybe I should just order again! :)

Reactions: Jemblue7my
It's great to see all the VINs assigned and hearing that people are receiving--and loving--their MYs. Still waiting here in Washington. 1/26 order, MSM/black, 20", no FSD, no tow. Original delivery window of 2/10-3/10 passed ... without a peep from my SA. I have checked in 2-3 times over the past month but haven't even received an update. I reached out to a different store to see if they can provide any info. If I configure the same car on the Tesla website now, it says delivery in 1-2 weeks. Maybe I should just order again! :)
I am in the same boat. I ordered on 1/16 in Idaho. White/Black/20"/no FSD or tow hitch. No vin yet. I think if you order again you may get a demo vehicle that may or may not have all the latest bells and whistles.

Reactions: Giraffe950
Like you, I thought about cancelling and ordering again. But, figured ordering again would put me further back in the delivery queue. Also, wonder if running a credit check again for financing would be an issue. So, decided to stay the course and patiently wait! :)

I’m also without a VIN, but seeing the brewing situation over the last months I decided to ZTFO and wait till next Q. If I wasn’t driving a model 3 I would definitely have tried to get the Y now and experience it. But Tesla is gonna Tesla, and they definitely Tesla the most around v1 releases to I decided to lay back, chillax and 🍿

Wish ZTFO been that easy for me. I am at a stage where my personal life and importantly relationships are getting affected. I admit the problem is with me on how I am handling things and not so much to blame Tesla or its SAs for this; they're doing what they've been doing for years. Honestly, I have lost the charm of getting MY. May be it won't have been so hard if this was not my first Tesla.

While Portland SAs are insisting I'll have my car before March 31st, I've decided to cancel and move on if I am not assigned a VIN before March end. I am so thankful to this forum and each one of you. I salute people like Duran505 who are waiting patiently for two years and still don't have a VIN; you guys are epitome of patience. At the end, its not Tesla to blame, its me who is not cut out for this.

Last edited:
This is still minding boggling to me that a company of this magnitude would allow something like this to be delivered as the final product.

It's Tesla. Those of us as long-time customers have just accepted that the product is great, the service is *sugar*.

Fortunately, once you ensure you get a quality car on delivery, there is very little reason to interact with Tesla Service.

I received mine yesterday. On time (estimated 2-4 PM and delivered at 2:10 PM) and while I haven’t done a full inspection everything looks fine so far.
Awesome! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you place your order? As an SF Bay Area resident, curious if it will give us further indication when we can begin seeing more deliveries in our area.

Awesome! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you place your order? As an SF Bay Area resident, curious if it will give us further indication when we can begin seeing more deliveries in our area.
I placed it back in 03/19/2019 (when the 7-seater was initially available). It’s been a while but I’m quite happy with the result.

Pulled the trigger on my LR white/white w inductions yesterday! The accessory purchasing has officially begun!

I'm in NY--does anyone have estimates of delivery timelines these days?

Fun fact I learned from a rep at the Tesla Store and confirmed with a measuring tape. the 3 row version has an extra inch of max leg room in the 2nd row if all the way back.

Pulled the trigger on my LR white/white w inductions yesterday! The accessory purchasing has officially begun!

I'm in NY--does anyone have estimates of delivery timelines these days?

Fun fact I learned from a rep at the Tesla Store and confirmed with a measuring tape. the 3 row version has an extra inch of max leg room in the 2nd row if all the way back.
Very nice! In terms of estimates, I'd check out the pinned Google Docs Sheet in the main forum page (I believe under Model Y section). It's a listing of past and current MY customers who've added their respective order details as well as delivery dates. That could give you an estimate as to when you can expect yours. In a nutshell, Tesla basically prioritizes deliveries for each fiscal quarter as follows (other poster please correct me if I'm wrong): 1st month: Eastern USA including East Coast, 2nd Month: Central/Midwest USA, 3rd Month: Western USA including West Coast.

Reactions: burn1010
Picked mine up today 2 days early. Ordered 1/29, vin on 3/4, built on 3/3

Blue/Black, LR AWD, 7 seater, 20” rims, hitch, no FSD, old headlights, VIN 141xxx.

Gaps were great but a piece of the plastic protective film must of came loose and was flapping in the wind so there are some scratches on the side view mirror trim. They said a quick service appt will fix that. My 3rd row seat was loose but it was fixed in the spot. I didn’t know they came with a Tire Repair Kit. I just bought one for $80 a couple weeks ago (now they are $60) btw. Got a free Nema 14-50 adapter too.

Only issue so far is a sometimes sluggish touchscreen... it seems to freeze at times but I’m not on the latest software so that should clear up soon. Also my 2nd row no longer slides or moves up/forward when using the button. Manual slider still works though.

This car is freaking wonderful to drive... so glad I didn’t wait.
Tire repair kit included? That’s new to my knowledge.

For those of us still experiencing the joys of waiting and less than helpful sales associates it may be worth keeping a few things in mind. First off, yes, it's frustrating. According to the original timeline on the site I should have had my MY7 11 days ago. I don't. No VIN either. So, yeah, frustrating. That said, I try to remember that ...
  • Whether we like it or not, we are all still early adopters. Not only are the cars new but the sales model is radically different than anything that's come before it.
  • Tesla is doing its best to satisfy demand. We all (well, most of us) ordered cars online like we order a pizza. None of our cars existed and when a lot of people want new widget (for instance, MY7 v. MY5) then you'll have to deal with Tesla's ability to satisfy that demand. If you want an Audi A4 then go to the lot and drive it home today.
  • Speaking of demand ... I'm not entirely shocked that Tesla can't estimate delivery times to the day. When you consider new orders, geographies, different configurations, etc. they are probably altering the production line to satisfy the most people in the most populated areas most quickly. I accept that my configuration is not the norm (not many of my configuration in the spreadsheet) so someone ordering after me will probably get a VIN before me. Oh well.
  • If you've ever had a child (and I'm a dude so I'll dude-speak this) then you'll vaguely remember that having a newborn sucked. You know, in the greatest way imaginable, of course. A couple years later you'll forget how hard it was and make a conscious decision to have another child. Then you'll remember (in detail) how much it sucked. If you stop at two children and wait ~10 years you'll still remember how much the newborn thing sucked but it sure seems worth it. I have a feeling this is what will happen with our MY7's. Next year we'll tell friends, "yeah, it took a while to get it but it was worth it!".
If you have some flexibility and don't need a car immediately then it seems worth holding on for a few more weeks.

Doing an overnight test drive of a 7 seater. Love the acceleration, but a bit more noise than I expected on the highway, and seats seem to be more comfortable for short drives. Small kids found the 3rd row a bit dark at night.

Now I’m back to not being sure..
Don’t get discouraged, it’s a great car. For the wind noise, you can get this: Model Y Wind Noise Reduction Kit ($24 with 20% Off)

I’ve driven round trip from NY to FL twice. I didn’t find the seats uncomfortable at all. You possibly buy some cushion to help.

The 3rd Y is still fairly new especially in the aftermarket world. I’m sure vendors will provide a solution and/or Tesla will address this in a newer model.