Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took Delivery today of our model y. Ordered 2/5/21 long range msm black interior 7 seater w/ tow hitch no fsd. Super happy Portland Oregon
C4750CF6-802D-4727-BD02-9F4D0355D4F7.jpeg

Maybe our cars are on the same train. The SA told me today my car is supposed to arrive on the 27th and our pick up date is 3/29. He also stated this morning it was in Amarillo, TX and it could be earlier. Very exciting.
Yeah, I figured we would be either same day or within a day of each other. Congrats! I can't wait...trying to hold off on the last few accessories until I have the car:)

Reactions: Ntu1
Picked up my Y today! My SC was packed; there were at least 2-3 other pick ups at the same time as mine. They seemed overwhelmed and running behind.

All in all, the vehicle is in good condition. At pickup I noticed the second row track covers came off, one had the right side piece put on the left side, as a middle one had a broken clip. SC advised its been a common issue with those caps, which I can imagine due to it being so new. Just something you want to make sure you look at.

Found some additional issues once I got home and had a look over, but seem like they would be minor fixes (one recessed handle and an odd alignment issue on a tailight)

Recap on my timeline:
Build Specs: LR, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, 7-Seater, No FSD
Ordered: 1/31/21
Profile completed: 2/20/21
VIN rcvd: 3/4/21
Scheduling Options rcvd: 3/10/21
Pick Up Date: 3/20/2021

Initial timeline: 8-10 weeks
Actual timeline: 7 weeks
*New center console, heated steering wheel, no new headlights

Resized_20210320_132208.jpeg

inCollage_20210320_230826429.jpginCollage_20210320_230924997.jpg
*edited to add the three main points of updates

Last edited:
Picked up my Y today! My SC was packed; there were at least 2-3 other pick ups at the same time as mine. They seemed overwhelmed and running behind.

All in all, the vehicle is in good condition. At pickup I noticed the second row track covers came off, one had the right side piece put on the left side, as a middle one had a broken clip. SC advised its been a common issue with those caps, which I can imagine due to it being so new. Just something you want to make sure you look at.

Found some additional issues once I got home and had a look over, but seem like they would be minor fixes (one recessed handle and an odd alignment issue on a tailight)

Recap on my timeline:
Build Specs: LR, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, 7-Seater, No FSD
Ordered: 1/31/21
Profile completed: 2/20/21
VIN rcvd: 3/4/21
Scheduling Options rcvd: 3/10/21
Pick Up Date: 3/20/2021

Initial timeline: 8-10 weeks
Actual timeline: 11 weeks

View attachment 646466
View attachment 646465View attachment 646464
I think your math is a little off. I only know because I have an 11 week wait- ordered 1/9, pick up 3/26.

I rejected delivery yesterday in buena park CA. Trunk was misaligned, missing tow hitch cover, missing trunk floor, headliner fraying and stained in one spot. Pictures left side vs right side of the trunk. They kinda fixed the trunk on site, but all the small issues made me feel like there might be more things with the car that I’m not noticing so i decided to reject delivery. Back in line now :(
BzfsHPY.jpg

bKErUy5.jpg

I rejected delivery yesterday in buena park CA. Trunk was misaligned, missing tow hitch cover, missing trunk floor, headliner fraying and stained in one spot. Pictures left side vs right side of the trunk. They kinda fixed the trunk on site, but all the small issues made me feel like there might be more things with the car that I’m not noticing so i decided to reject delivery. Back in line now :(
BzfsHPY.jpg

bKErUy5.jpg
Yikes - sorry to hear. Did they give you any extra indication as to what the process for getting back in line is?

Welp, turns out that demo vehicle failed the pre-delivery checklist. Back in the queue :( no VIN assigned again
Same thing happened to me. Honestly super upsetting . I had the 7 seat SR. Bat
BzfsHPY.jpg

bKErUy5.jpg
honestly This is horrible QC. No way should anyone ever be rejecting deliveries. How often do you go to any dealer and reject a car due to issues like this? Tesla should be held more accountable, if a dealer sold you a car like this they would compensate for it. Tesla does nothing and neither do we. Unacceptable!!

Same thing happened to me. Honestly super upsetting . I had the 7 seat SR. Bat

honestly This is horrible QC. No way should anyone ever be rejecting deliveries. How often do you go to any dealer and reject a car due to issues like this? Tesla should be held more accountable, if a dealer sold you a car like this they would compensate for it. Tesla does nothing and neither do we. Unacceptable!!
When did you reject? You might not get a chace at another SR7 but i dont think I would accept a car that was horrible

Geez. What was your VIN? Bet they try to turn it around quickly and want to know if I’m getting it?

Received my VIN last night and scheduled delivery in Colorado this morning for a Tuesday, March 23rd (two days from now) delivery. Here's how it went down for those interested in the timing.
  • I hit refresh on the manage order page one last time before bed last night and my VIN (152XXX) showed up. My expectations were that I would still be waiting well over a week based on shipping, cleaning, etc.
  • Formal communication came from Tesla via text message at 11:23 am the following morning congratulating me on receiving my VIN. The text message asked me to verify my account info and await the next step. It stated that I would receive another text message, once my vehicle is in transit, to schedule my pick-up appointment.
  • At 11:58 am I received a text informing me that my MY7 is on the way to the delivery center and provided a link to schedule touchless delivery. My available options where March 23, 24, or 25th.
In a nutshell, I suspect my vehicle is sitting in the delivery center (or maybe arriving today?) and I never received a VIN until 3 days prior to my scheduled delivery date. Based on what I'm seeing in this forum, everyone has a slightly different experience.

I'll update once I take delivery to let everyone what build quality looks like.

Spreadsheet updated.

Received my VIN last night and scheduled delivery in Colorado this morning for a Tuesday, March 23rd (two days from now) delivery. Here's how it went down for those interested in the timing.
  • I hit refresh on the manage order page one last time before bed last night and my VIN (152XXX) showed up. My expectations were that I would still be waiting well over a week based on shipping, cleaning, etc.
  • Formal communication came from Tesla via text message at 11:23 am the following morning congratulating me on receiving my VIN. The text message asked me to verify my account info and await the next step. It stated that I would receive another text message, once my vehicle is in transit, to schedule my pick-up appointment.
  • At 11:58 am I received a text informing me that my MY7 is on the way to the delivery center and provided a link to schedule touchless delivery. My available options where March 23, 24, or 25th.
In a nutshell, I suspect my vehicle is sitting in the delivery center (or maybe arriving today?) and I never received a VIN until 3 days prior to my scheduled delivery date. Based on what I'm seeing in this forum, everyone has a slightly different experience.

I'll update once I take delivery to let everyone what build quality looks like.

Spreadsheet updated.
Sounds like we are going to pick up on the same day. I received a text this past Tuesday to schedule a pickup (VIN on the account site the week before).

I actually called yesterday (Saturday) to see if there was any chance of getting the car early and the dude and the service center told me the cars were set to arrive Monday AM.

Hoping the expected snow doesn’t delay delivery 🤞. Also-our cars must have been shipped at the same time-wonder why I heard so much earlier than you? Where are you picking up? I’m picking up in Littleton.

I have a coming not scheduled pick up on March 23rd pick up at Costa Mesa Southern California for a
White Long Range AWD 19 wheel white and black interior, No FSD. If you want, I can transfer to you. VIN is 15*****
PM me if you want or I will postpone and pass this car. Want to see how green act goes and my company still work at home till August.

Just got this text few seconds ago.

Tesla Update - Your Tesla delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 3/24 at 12PM.

We will reach out 24-48 hours prior to this appointment to confirm your availability and delivery location. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount to submit all tasks prior to your appointment. To make changes to your appointment, call 714-545-1800 opt 4.

Sounds like we are going to pick up on the same day. I received a text this past Tuesday to schedule a pickup (VIN on the account site the week before).

I actually called yesterday (Saturday) to see if there was any chance of getting the car early and the dude and the service center told me the cars were set to arrive Monday AM.

Hoping the expected snow doesn’t delay delivery 🤞. Also-our cars must have been shipped at the same time-wonder why I heard so much earlier than you? Where are you picking up? I’m picking up in Littleton.

I'm picking up in Littleton at 6 pm. It's totally wild that you knew your VIN so far in advance. I feel like everyone has such a different experience when it comes to VIN assignments, tracking their car across country, getting "soft matches" (I still have no idea what that means), and delivery.

I'm not sure which I'd prefer more. Knowing my VIN in advance or receiving my VIN and picking up all within a 3-day window. I'd love to understand how Tesla fulfills orders. It's a logistics and software problem that seems interesting ... and very knowable and solvable ... and I have no desire to work there.

Definitely fingers crossed that snow doesn't cause any delays.