Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered this morning! Aside from being very dusty on the outside, it is in perfect condition. I'm so in love! I'm a little nervous because of all of you who are talking about uneven panels. I haven't noticed anything like that. Everything looks good to me! I'll have my husband take a look carefully too. Beautiful car! Good luck to you all that are waiting. I waited about 12 days short of 2 years. You guys can do it!
Hi Duran505, Share a few pics whenever you can. So happy for you :)

My car was delivered this morning! Aside from being very dusty on the outside, it is in perfect condition. I'm so in love! I'm a little nervous because of all of you who are talking about uneven panels. I haven't noticed anything like that. Everything looks good to me! I'll have my husband take a look carefully too. Beautiful car! Good luck to you all that are waiting. I waited about 12 days short of 2 years. You guys can do it!
w00t congrats!

• Love
Reactions: duran505
My panels were perfect. I would have posted pics by now but my wife takes the car to work everyday since it came!

Took delivery today on my way home from a vacation and then drove it for 4 hours the rest of the way home. It’s perfect, I haven’t noticed any issues with manufacturing.

I did notice that the superchargers I used charged much slower than I expected, even with preconditioning. One was a v2, the other v3 and they were maxing out at around 300ish miles per hour. I’m not sure if it’s because of my battery level but it was just something I didn’t expect.

Another thing I noticed was that the app has all 7 seats with heat control though the car only shows 5. Maybe there’s a software update soon which will enable the back two from the car?? The app responds just fine to touches, but I didn’t check to see if it actually heats the rear seats.

Attachments

• EEA6760A-A0B5-4597-B2BD-B9AF9DC89AB1.png
    EEA6760A-A0B5-4597-B2BD-B9AF9DC89AB1.png
    714.2 KB · Views: 82
Took delivery today on my way home from a vacation and then drove it for 4 hours the rest of the way home. It’s perfect, I haven’t noticed any issues with manufacturing.

I did notice that the superchargers I used charged much slower than I expected, even with preconditioning. One was a v2, the other v3 and they were maxing out at around 300ish miles per hour. I’m not sure if it’s because of my battery level but it was just something I didn’t expect.

Another thing I noticed was that the app has all 7 seats with heat control though the car only shows 5. Maybe there’s a software update soon which will enable the back two from the car?? The app responds just fine to touches, but I didn’t check to see if it actually heats the rear seats.
I saw a YouTube video on that. Apparently, the third row seat heats but not the back.

Reactions: mdcone

On the charging times rates, it depends on how full the battery is. You can get 50% from 2% to 50% in 11 minutes, but 90% to 97% takes 17 minutes.

Reactions: mdcone
Checked Existing Inventory again this morning for today, first time there's been literally 0 new cars available in the 200 mile radius under all S/3/X/Y
I noticed the same. I’m guessing they made them unavailable based on the new quarter. They are no longer pushing for end of quarter fulfillment numbers so are instead holding onto new inventory. The only listings I saw were for demo vehicles.
Still no movement on my account.
Ordered 1/22
White/black/7seater/19in/Tow

a question for those of you who bought when prices were $1000 less and then recently accepted a new config ... did they bump you to current pricing or did they honor the lower price for the new config?
I keep getting told that if I change anything at all about my vehicle config my pricing will change to today’s price and if I accept an exact match pre-made brand new inventory car (there were several in Cali yesterday though they all disappeared today) then I would have to pay an additional $500 (on top of the original $1000 destination fee) to have it sent to Salt Lake City.

I simply can’t wrap my head around how they can have brand new standing inventory but can’t assign it and send it to me without charging me additional fees.

Reactions: kentoe
Checked Existing Inventory again this morning for today, first time there's been literally 0 new cars available in the 200 mile radius under all S/3/X/Y

Given the quarter ended, there are in no rush to sell these cars, I guess. My question is what about the deliveries they could not make in Q1. Mine has a VIN assigned and is yet to be picked up from Fremont because it is apparently waiting for a truck. Wondering if they will delay the delivery till end of Q2 as they are in no rush to do it now...

Last edited:
One of my buddies got a text about it last week, he was like me, didn't need it immediately but would be nice to have it. He ordered 3/28, they text him saying we have one available for him to pick up on 3/30. I still haven't gotten a text which is fine. He's actually delaying it for the tax credit and I'm considering it also not that I have any choice I don't even have a Vin assigned and ordered back in early March, but I was just shocked he got a text so fast. Oh and he sent me the text, the SA goes if you don't take this car now, you have to wait until the next quarter end in June.

LOOOONG time lurker here. Finally made my account.

Placed my order 3/17/2021 and no VIN yet. MY LR AWD, Black/Black/7 seats/Tow/no FSD. At time of order, it showed “1-10 weeks” for delivery estimate, which I was somewhat fine with, as I’m targeting summer driving with it.
(For the first two weeks in March, the configuration site stated 2-5.)
I’m refreshing the order page daily- reminds me of when I got a Mini Cooper S when those first came out - I tracked that container ship daily across the Atlantic!

Anyway, this is not my first rodeo with Tesla. At this point I know to click that buy button and force myself to forget (while reading about every single possible upgrade I might catch with my build date). Beyond the automated responses, I received one human-written email so far from who I think were the delivery agents- They obviously had my account on file as they said “welcome back.”

Prior to this I had a Model S (MSM 100D, Black interior w/ Carbon fiber before that moved to P models only)that I picked up direct from Fremont when I was living in the South Bay, but sold it last year early during lockdown. Right before stores closed, I test drove a M3, and just before moving out of the area had begun to see LOTS of MYs popping up in peoples’ driveways. So ordered the Y on my phone last week. Now in NY and will see how cross-country trucking and picking up from Smithtown goes.
Looking forward to the new center console, and build quality increases (even my friends who have dinged Tesla in the past over this have seen a few recent Ys and begun to change their minds). Also some convenience features I’m happy have been added - heated steering wheel, trunk button etc. Also, half the price of my prior car.

a question for those of you who bought when prices were $1000 less and then recently accepted a new config ... did they bump you to current pricing or did they honor the lower price for the new config?
I keep getting told that if I change anything at all about my vehicle config my pricing will change to today’s price and if I accept an exact match pre-made brand new inventory car (there were several in Cali yesterday though they all disappeared today) then I would have to pay an additional $500 (on top of the original $1000 destination fee) to have it sent to Salt Lake City.

I simply can’t wrap my head around how they can have brand new standing inventory but can’t assign it and send it to me without charging me additional fees.

I got it deposited right before the $10,000 hike (lucky timing) and I asked them about that situation. They said that they would honor whatever it is at the time of the deposit. If it went up, you don't go up. If it went down though, he said they'd match. Mainly why I put down the deposit.

Took home delivery while I was at work yesterday. Came home to inspect and surprisingly everything was on point as far as build quality except for two minor things: (1) charge port cover seems to stock out slightly when closed and (2) 2nd row seats left side this small plastic bracket at the base falls out. Other than that solid. I haven't been on top of the interior updates but trim looks same as before and it does have heated steering.

And just like that, in one day, went from not knowing when would get our tesla to having it delivered to our driveway at 9 pm tonight. Car is great!! only two small things to take care of (will give a more thorough look in the morning). Very happy with delivery person - he stayed and answered all our questions and walked us through what we needed to do on our end- he was exceptional!!

Will post picture when get a chance in the morning

Thank you all for your support and a forum to get question answer and speed up the learning curve :)

Attachments

• C6EE417A-3E1A-4B43-97D0-1F4E071FAD8F.jpeg
    C6EE417A-3E1A-4B43-97D0-1F4E071FAD8F.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 464D0543-9C21-44BB-90B3-4B23603AF8FD.jpeg
    464D0543-9C21-44BB-90B3-4B23603AF8FD.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 8043CF45-A495-4E19-A3A1-6B545E9D3B92.jpeg
    8043CF45-A495-4E19-A3A1-6B545E9D3B92.jpeg
    908.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 94A966E6-8EFE-4BD2-BEEC-9C1544451D30.jpeg
    94A966E6-8EFE-4BD2-BEEC-9C1544451D30.jpeg
    817.3 KB · Views: 43
  • A9DDE74E-498D-49CD-B8B3-7D32A89AE7D9.jpeg
    A9DDE74E-498D-49CD-B8B3-7D32A89AE7D9.jpeg
    962.8 KB · Views: 51
Delivery Report:

The Car is Awesome! Overall fit and finish is very good. Driving it is infinitely better than my old ICE. I did find a bunch of very minor issues and have a service appointment set up for next Monday. I tried to upload pictures of everything to the app, which meant I needed to add more than 5 pictures. For most of these, if they didn't correct, I would be fine. Generally:

1. Front Right Joint between door, quarter panel, and windshield trim not prefect @ the side view mirror;
  2. Tail lights do not align perfectly between hatch back / trunk and car side panels;
  3. Door trims misaligned
    1. 1/8" to 1/16" both sides;
  4. Inconsistent gap between the the top trim and and back right window trim, both sides;
    1. Up to 1/8" issue;
  5. Tape on back right tail light (where he light returns to the trunk);
  6. Passenger side door handle not perfectly flush;
    1. 1/16" issue;
  7. Interior trim at joint between hatch back and glass roof has plastic or something hanging down;
  8. Passenger side rear door black trim @ window, exterior, has minor finish issues;
  9. Wheel well alignment not perfectly consistent against bottom side trim, all 4 locations;
    1. 1/16 to 1/8" issue;
In looking at our other car - Mazda CX-5, I think some of the alignment issues I'm pointing out seem to be within industry standard for that car, for sure. Specifically the tail light and side view mirror issues seems to be not atypical in cars I've been looking at since having taken delivery. Everything above needs a fine eye, nothing is eggregious.

Attachments

• IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg