Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So pissed at Tesla. Ordered Mar 2019 and had a VIN that was supposed to be delivered on 31 Mar. Got a call the afternoon before delivery saying the car had wiring issues with no ETA on a fix.

Now I have a new VIN and delivery set for tomorrow (it was built earlier in the week), but just got a text stating that they have to push delivery until Sunday. This is getting so damn frustrating. Just hope this one doesn’t have problems they are trying to fix.

• Love
Reactions: Consult
Dang, that is what I had, until finally the range disappeared all together 2 days ago :/
Mine actually disappeared for like a 2 day period, on like the 10th and 11th - but then came back. I called my SA when it disappeared again and thats when they told me that my car would be off the factory line today or early tomorrow morning. he was really right one, with that estimate.

Congrats to those long standing orders who are finally seeing progress!
for those still waiting, I empathize as it is Truly painful. That being said, it is a fun car and my hope is that all’s well that ends well. Good Luck!

Never updated here about my delivery
--------------------------------------
Ordered 03/06, LR7 Blue/Black (No Tow, 19”, FSD)

Took delivery on 04/16 (after three delays), ended up being abysmally awful weather outside so I couldn't run through the checklist of things there. Was downpouring and snowing surprisingly for MA.

Everything looked good from setup and quick looks and such. Nothing glaring that I wouldn't have wanted to take it home for any reason. I did happen to ask about my referral which should have been applied, but it never was. They said it was good that I asked because once I officially "took delivery" it's not possible to just add on the free miles for super charging.

I also did not have the new options to "accept delivery" on the Tesla account area of their website, so they had to fix something to get that to pop up. Once I tapped that, the app instantly worked and my bonus of miles was there.

Came with 12 miles on it, took it home and went through the whole checklist in the garage. Had to wipe it down with a couple of towels to get a good look at the glass and headlights and everything.

Checklist I used: polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist (did not pull out a tape measurer...)

Only things I encountered were:
  • Passenger side door handle was not "in-line" with the body
  • Charging port door was also not "in-line" with the body (not 100% certain if this is abnormal though)
  • Had trouble getting my charging "dongle" to secure itself in the Model Y, but this just turned out to be a me problem
  • I did find one of the plastic covers for the sliding 2nd row broke off and came on arrival on the floor. I asked the tech, we threw it on and thought it was fine but I only discovered yesterday that the plastic actually snapped so I just need a new cover.
All pretty much no biggies though.

This car is incredible, have already put close to ~300 miles on it this weekend. Very happy with it thus far, it's so nice.

Last edited:
Having just gone from a 2012 LEAF to the 2021 MY LR, I can confirm how nice it feels. Not only is it much more spacious, but I don't have to think, "Can I use the A/C and still make it home?" or "Okay, I can drop my kid off at that play date, but I won't have enough range to go back and pick him up...". Life is so much better. I hope your MY arrives in time for your trip!
I came from a Leaf too. Can totally relate... Lots of times driving (possibly unsafely) with misty windshield to ensure I made the journey. It's so liberating to not have to worry about charge/range

Reactions: EchoDelta