Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on picking up your new model Y. I am super happy to hear that everything went smoothly. I hope to have the same experience when I hopefully pick up mine end of this month or next month in Manhasset.
Lucky you! Was hoping for Manhasset, dunno why I ended up at Smithtown - Maybe I am ever-so-slightly closer (I am in Huntington). I initially selected at home delivery but I heard speculation there was a 200 mile threshold. Anyway, Smithtown was easy and gave me some fun driving on the way home.

Good luck - at least you can get some shopping in while you're there!

Reactions: with_raiden
I have the same build as you, my order was 4/12 so hopefully will see in May-June. My delivery date range disappeared last week so just waiting and seeing. Good to hear about quality control. Cheers to you!
Thank you! Good luck to you too!
At the time of my order, the range was 1-10 weeks. It shuffled around a lot, disappeared at some point, and at another point was at the full 10-week mark. Next thing I knew, a VIN appeared and I had about a week's notice that it was arriving. I can only speculate that it was completed or almost complete, and scheduled for cross-country trucking. Ended up at just about 7 weeks.

Reactions: Chase9974
Is it true that a lot of times your date estimate will disappear for a few days right before they assign a Vin? Or is that just wishful thinking lol
As I remained cautiously optimistic, I was still a bit disappointed with that expectation.
My recent activity:

April 30, 2021: Estimated Delivery: May 05 - May 25
May 2, 2021: Estimated Delivery: May 06 - May 26
May 4, 2021 evening: Estimated Delivery: N/A (Disappeared)
May 5, 2021: Estimated Delivery: May 07 - May 25
May 6, 2021: Estimated Delivery: May 14 - June 03

Hope yours isn't the case. Good luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!
At the time of my order, the range was 1-10 weeks. It shuffled around a lot, disappeared at some point, and at another point was at the full 10-week mark. Next thing I knew, a VIN appeared and I had about a week's notice that it was arriving. I can only speculate that it was completed or almost complete, and scheduled for cross-country trucking. Ended up at just about 7 weeks.
Congrats. I ordered two days before you. You getting a VIN encourages me that I might get mine soon.

Seven seat, red, tow… Ordered on April 9. Maybe it was 7 weeks forecast when we ordered. I had looked at it so many times thinking of ordering that I forget now. Had “expected delivery dates” that were in May, the latest (on April 23) were May 2-22. Then, on April 23, the “expected delivery date” stopped populating. That could be good news, maybe? I hadn’t found this forum so I checked in with Tesla and they said they were waiting for news from Fremont. It looks like some early April orders are being filled so hopefully we are close.

Seven seat, red, tow… Ordered on April 9. Maybe it was 7 weeks forecast when we ordered. I had looked at it so many times thinking of ordering that I forget now. Had “expected delivery dates” that were in May, the latest (on April 23) were May 2-22. Then, on April 23, the “expected delivery date” stopped populating. That could be good news, maybe? I hadn’t found this forum so I checked in with Tesla and they said they were waiting for news from Fremont. It looks like some early April orders are being filled so hopefully we are close.
My delivery date has been missing for a couple of weeks as well. I’m hoping it’s a good sign and not a manufacturing halt!

My delivery date has been missing for a couple of weeks as well. I’m hoping it’s a good sign and not a manufacturing halt!@W
@Shammah, thank you for letting me know the expected delivery date isn’t populating for you either. Makes me feel like I haven’t fallen through the cracks. I see from an earlier message that you placed your order on April 5 so…maybe…we should be getting a VIN the same week or so. I’ll keep this “waiting room” up to date if I hear anything (either an update to “expected delivery date” or a VIN).

Reactions: EchoDelta
I picked up my MY 7 seater white on white w inductions in Brooklyn last week. Build quality is almost perfect. Ever so slight misalignment where quarter panel meets bumper, wasn't even worth mentioning. Some scuff marks on headliner that the SA cleaned off on the spot., noticed some more on the seatbacks but really not a big deal.

Only issues so far--I realize most of these are nit picks but figures more info is better:
-sometimes front windows roll up then go back down a couple of inches. Read of others in the forums having same issue. Will keep on eye on it.
-Ride is very firm. Coming from a '19 rdx which I thought had a stiff ride, turns out after driving back to back the Acura really just has a noisy ride. I decreased the MYs tire pressure to 38-39 cold and it did settle things down to the point where I dont have to really look out for potholes. Before i decreased pressure i was really watching out.
-There's a persistent notification for the appointment to pick up the car which wont go away even after rebooting, etc.
-Wipers seem flimsy and noisy, automatic wipers work but aren't 100%, acura's were even worse.
-There's noticeable wind noise coming from the windshield area (not a leak) when on the highway and above say 55-60. Ging to see if the rpm tesla kit will help.
-Wish the backup camera had a wider angle of view so I could see cars coming down street when backing out of driveway.
-Wish there was a front camera view so I can see where tires/front of car is when pulling into a parking lot grid space.
-Sentry mode freaked out 1 night and constantly flashed lights.
-I left my wife and baby in the car and walked away with phone key to pick up take out. Wife's phone is a key and was in vehicle but the car locked anyway and when she rolled down the back window alarm triggered along with blasting music playing.
-phone key isnt working 100% of the time. Iphone pro 12 max

Otherwise car is impressive to say the least. Fast, well built, no rattles, smooth. etc etc etc .

• Love
Reactions: EchoDelta and Drax
I picked up my MY 7 seater white on white w inductions in Brooklyn last week. Build quality is almost perfect. Ever so slight misalignment where quarter panel meets bumper, wasn't even worth mentioning. Some scuff marks on headliner that the SA cleaned off on the spot., noticed some more on the seatbacks but really not a big deal.

Only issues so far--I realize most of these are nit picks but figures more info is better:
-sometimes front windows roll up then go back down a couple of inches. Read of others in the forums having same issue. Will keep on eye on it.
-Ride is very firm. Coming from a '19 rdx which I thought had a stiff ride, turns out after driving back to back the Acura really just has a noisy ride. I decreased the MYs tire pressure to 38-39 cold and it did settle things down to the point where I dont have to really look out for potholes. Before i decreased pressure i was really watching out.
-There's a persistent notification for the appointment to pick up the car which wont go away even after rebooting, etc.
-Wipers seem flimsy and noisy, automatic wipers work but aren't 100%, acura's were even worse.
-There's noticeable wind noise coming from the windshield area (not a leak) when on the highway and above say 55-60. Ging to see if the rpm tesla kit will help.
-Wish the backup camera had a wider angle of view so I could see cars coming down street when backing out of driveway.
-Wish there was a front camera view so I can see where tires/front of car is when pulling into a parking lot grid space.
-Sentry mode freaked out 1 night and constantly flashed lights.
-I left my wife and baby in the car and walked away with phone key to pick up take out. Wife's phone is a key and was in vehicle but the car locked anyway and when she rolled down the back window alarm triggered along with blasting music playing.
-phone key isnt working 100% of the time. Iphone pro 12 max

Otherwise car is impressive to say the least. Fast, well built, no rattles, smooth. etc etc etc .
@burn1010 Hope you are enjoying and thank you for things to watch for. For timing…I think I got your dates…you ordered Mar 16, got your VIN Apr 19 (+5 weeks), pickup Apr 29-May 5 (+6.5 - 7 weeks from order date).

Based on a couple of past deliveries (Burn1010 and PetRock), their timeline was:

Order date to VIN: + 5 weeks
Order date to Delivery: 6.5-8 weeks

I read about a 2-day shutdown for parts…but, even so, @Shammah should be getting a VIN this week (or maybe the demand / shutdown push it to next week). With this math, I guess I could get a VIN at the end of this week but more likely next week. Will keep this forum up to date for all those others who have lost their “expected delivery date” and are wondering.

Based on a couple of past deliveries (Burn1010 and PetRock), their timeline was:

Order date to VIN: + 5 weeks
Order date to Delivery: 6.5-8 weeks

I read about a 2-day shutdown for parts…but, even so, @Shammah should be getting a VIN this week (or maybe the demand / shutdown push it to next week). With this math, I guess I could get a VIN at the end of this week but more likely next week. Will keep this forum up to date for all those others who have lost their “expected delivery date” and are wondering.
I actually texted my SA today for kicks to see what they had to say after our discussion. I’m in the same mindset as you (maybe blind hope lol) that I’ll get my VIN this week or early next. They said with my config (MSM/black and white/no hitch) that I should expect delivery early-mid June. I honestly have more confidence in this message board than Tesla at this point, so we will see who is right! I’ll keep you all updated.

I actually texted my SA today for kicks to see what they had to say after our discussion. I’m in the same mindset as you (maybe blind hope lol) that I’ll get my VIN this week or early next. They said with my config (MSM/black and white/no hitch) that I should expect delivery early-mid June. I honestly have more confidence in this message board than Tesla at this point, so we will see who is right! I’ll keep you all updated.
I have same config and watched as one slipped through inventory 🙄 seems to be no rhyme or reason for the way the deliver the cars. Impatiently waiting since 3/31.

Reactions: JetBlack
I’ve thought about scanning for inventory but I’m afraid of a) getting one that was rejected for flaws or b) not getting the heated steering wheel. So waiting game it is!
@MamaPewPew If there is fairness in this world (and why wouldn’t the process be fair unless some part like a third-row seat is backlogged?) then you should get you VIN first. Hopefully…any day now. When you get yours, I would think Shammah and I would be soon to follow.

@MamaPewPew If there is fairness in this world (and why wouldn’t the process be fair unless some part like a third-row seat is backlogged?) then you should get you VIN first. Hopefully…any day now. When you get yours, I would think Shammah and I would be soon to follow.
@JetBlack who ordered, I think, on 3/30…he should be getting a VIN right along with @MamaPewPew. Hope you guys hear something soon.