Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking back through the past order dates and delivery dates, it does appear that the factory has to re-tool a bit to make a run of seven-seat Ys. It looks like this config is “batched”…not “progressive assembly.” That could also help explain why our “expected delivery dates” fall off (just for our 7-seat config)…the factory has to make adjustments and then run a 7-seat batch. Hopefully the Texas facility changes this in the future.

Tesla’s quarter ends at the end of June. If you are Tesla operations and are worried about an end-of-quarter push (and also showing reduced backlog), I’m thinking you’d want to make that 7-seat run right in early June (to clear out backlog and claim the higher margin config upon vehicle delivery) but get back to the standard config for end-of-quarter push so you can hit volume targets.

If that’s right, then we’ll see a bunch of VIN numbers come out quickly for those in this forum. They won’t be weeks apart…they will be days apart and we’ll get delivery before the end of the June along with all the higher-margin config that Tesla can make and get delivered.

Looking back through the past order dates and delivery dates, it does appear that the factory has to re-tool a bit to make a run of seven-seat Ys. It looks like this config is “batched”…not “progressive assembly.” That could also help explain why our “expected delivery dates” fall off (just for our 7-seat config)…the factory has to make adjustments and then run a 7-seat batch. Hopefully the Texas facility changes this in the future.

Tesla’s quarter ends at the end of June. If you are Tesla operations and are worried about an end-of-quarter push (and also showing reduced backlog), I’m thinking you’d want to make that 7-seat run right in early June (to clear out backlog and claim the higher margin config upon vehicle delivery) but get back to the standard config for end-of-quarter push so you can hit volume targets.

If that’s right, then we’ll see a bunch of VIN numbers come out quickly for those in this forum. They won’t be weeks apart…they will be days apart and we’ll get delivery before the end of the June along with all the higher-margin config that Tesla can make and get delivered.
I definitely think we will see a huge jump of mid March to mid April VINs all at once. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later!

Reactions: Drax
Isn’t it only the M3 that got the new door panels? Even in the config page, the M3 has the updated and already shipping with the new door panels. The MY has the old style door panels on the page. So far, no MY has been seen with the new panels installed. However, it’s also been 2 weeks since any new VINs have been assigned. I guess it’s a believe it when I see it situation. Til then, I’ll continue to destroy the refresh button and pray for a VIN! 😔

Reactions: will_c
MY7 popped up in inventory in Boston area on ev-tsla.com
Wish it was another color...

Attachments

• 20210512_093814.jpg
    20210512_093814.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 61
My estimated delivery vanished this morning too and just came back a few minutes ago to June 7 - 27. Before disappearing I had May 31 - June 19. My trade in offer expired yesterday and the new offer is already $1000 lesser. By the time I take delivery they probably would depreciate my car by $2000. This is frustrating to say the least.

My estimated delivery vanished this morning too and just came back a few minutes ago to June 7 - 27. Before disappearing I had May 31 - June 19. My trade in offer expired yesterday and the new offer is already $1000 lesser. By the time I take delivery they probably would depreciate my car by $2000. This is frustrating to say the least.
When I put my trade in with Tesla, my estimated delivery date was May 13th - June 2nd. About a week before the trade in offer expired, my delivery window vanished. I decided to sell my car to Carvana because they offer was $5000 more than Tesla. So, I withdrew my car from the trade in tab.

The estimated window came back as June 13th - June 30th and disappeared two days after and haven’t returned since.

I went back to the showroom last week to test drive a model Y again, all the Tesla folk said to expect delivery on the first week of June.

I’ll keep you all posted once I get a VIN number.

Reactions: Shammah