Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the “expected delivery” date disappeared (and hasn’t come back at all for me…and I check frequently), I’ve made a weekly text to Tesla to see if there is an update. Today’s response was about supply chain issues causing problems. So…not much to look at but wanted to share since they were kind enough to write back.

A fire in Fremont. That can’t be good for our coming VIN numbers.

I’ve worked in manufacturing facilities and while a fire in the your home kitchen gets put out and life goes on…and dinner gets made. When there is a fire in a manufacturing facility, it’s a big deal. There needs to be root cause analysis and the “health, safety, environment team” will be re-evaluating lots of things. These steps make the world safer and facilities higher quality but for the poor production team at Tesla, this has got to slow things down.

A fire in Fremont. That can’t be good for our coming VIN numbers.

I’ve worked in manufacturing facilities and while a fire in the your home kitchen gets put out and life goes on…and dinner gets made. When there is a fire in a manufacturing facility, it’s a big deal. There needs to be root cause analysis and the “health, safety, environment team” will be re-evaluating lots of things. These steps make the world safer and facilities higher quality but for the poor production team at Tesla, this has got to slow things down.

That is from 2 months ago.

Mine went from June 3-23 to now not showing any info except for a picture of the Y. (Ordered in Jan, wasn’t ready in March, and clicked “I’m Ready” about 3 weeks ago).
I have the same config. My dates disappeared for a week or more and just came back the other day. My page now shows June 11-30. I’m just assuming “June” and anything in early June will be a nice surprise. LOL

I’ve thought about scanning for inventory but I’m afraid of a) getting one that was rejected for flaws or b) not getting the heated steering wheel. So waiting game it is!
I bought my car from inventory with 17 miles on it built 4/21. The car is amazing. Yes, there were slight issues with panel gaps and an interior issue but nothing big and the Service Center has addressed all my concerns promptly. Car was delivered to my house on 5/10 scheduled service appointment 5/13 (yesterday) and every one of my concerns with gaps or interior have been addressed.

Maybe, I was lucky but I doubt it.

Hope you get your VIN and car soon!!!!!

Reactions: Shammah and Emman
Ordered MYLR 7 Seater on April 1st, Toronto, Canada delivery estimate was first May 15-28 then moved to June 1-30 then Estimate disappeared for 10 days, today now states:

“We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”

Reactions: Shammah
if someone wants a new SR 7 seater, go get it: 2021 Model Y | Tesla

1621278862537.png

Attachments

• 1621278841264.png
    1621278841264.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 42
What is the issue with the price?
I'm being charged $10,000 for FSD instead of $7,000 (when Tesla forced me to change from 7-seat performance to 7-seat AWD they initially messed up and switched me to 5-seat AWD...and charged me $10,000 for FSD...and then when they finally got me switched to 7-seat AWD, they still have me as $10,000 for FSD and charged me a base price of $50,990 instead of it being the base price when they first switched me).

I'm being charged $10,000 for FSD instead of $7,000 (when Tesla forced me to change from 7-seat performance to 7-seat AWD they initially messed up and switched me to 5-seat AWD...and charged me $10,000 for FSD...and then when they finally got me switched to 7-seat AWD, they still have me as $10,000 for FSD and charged me a base price of $50,990 instead of it being the base price when they first switched me).
That sucks. Hope you get it fixed by the time you take delivery.

I am here waiting on a VIN and delivery date, early April order. SA says expect something mid to late June, if not late July.