Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seat "in production" email

colinrego

Feb 26, 2018
Westborough, MA
Not sure if this has made the rounds, but I just received the following email from Tesla regarding my Model Y 7 Seat reservation:

Hi Colin,
We’re excited to announce that Model Y with seating for up to seven is now in production. Please log into your Tesla Account to complete your order, including registration and delivery details.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

Reactions: IdaX

NCC81701

Feb 28, 2020
San Diego
Confirm I got the same e-mail. Seems like a generic email sent to all 7-seater reservation holder. I've had that information filled in since 2019. No VIN yet.

ryanjeffords

Dec 19, 2020
Texas
I'm so happy to finally be part of this after months of waiting and seeing other people get updates while I wait with radio silence, but...

I got the email as well! :cool:

allaw

Apr 23, 2018
Richmond, CA
I made the reservation with a AWD with 7 seater option. Now I am more inclined to get a performance with 7 seats, anyone out there can confirm whether this is even an option when we place the reservation? Should this be open up in the future?

ryanjeffords

Dec 19, 2020
Texas
I made the reservation with a AWD with 7 seater option. Now I am more inclined to get a performance with 7 seats, anyone out there can confirm whether this is even an option when we place the reservation? Should this be open up in the future?
Tesla is not planning to build the performance with 7 seats.

dss33

Apr 14, 2016
Seattle
I received and replied to the email asking about confirmation on HEPA inclusion. Got a reply within about 6 hours stating that HEPA wouldn't be available in Y like it is in S and X...though they didn't mention Made in China having it already so I'm not sure if they're just omitting for now because they don't have details on HEPA coming to US Y, or if it's because that'll actually be exclusive to China. And maybe HEPA is even feasible there because of lower labor and part costs. I guess we'll see soon enough.

ryanjeffords

Dec 19, 2020
Texas
I’m a 7-seat performance reservation holder and I did not get the email.

You should probably contact your advisor. It’s been confirmed that Tesla is not planning to build a 7 seat configuration of the performance.

That may be why you didn’t receive the email.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC