Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seat "in production" email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has made the rounds, but I just received the following email from Tesla regarding my Model Y 7 Seat reservation:

Hi Colin,
We’re excited to announce that Model Y with seating for up to seven is now in production. Please log into your Tesla Account to complete your order, including registration and delivery details.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

Reactions: IdaX
I made the reservation with a AWD with 7 seater option. Now I am more inclined to get a performance with 7 seats, anyone out there can confirm whether this is even an option when we place the reservation? Should this be open up in the future?

I received and replied to the email asking about confirmation on HEPA inclusion. Got a reply within about 6 hours stating that HEPA wouldn't be available in Y like it is in S and X...though they didn't mention Made in China having it already so I'm not sure if they're just omitting for now because they don't have details on HEPA coming to US Y, or if it's because that'll actually be exclusive to China. And maybe HEPA is even feasible there because of lower labor and part costs. I guess we'll see soon enough.