Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seat Interior Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came across this. It looks like it has a velcro attachment on the back, which should be perfect. Might give it a shot.

I checked with the seller. It doesn’t fit the 7-seater.

• Informative
Reactions: blinkme323
I had a model S with the size piece like this and after 4 years of toddlers/pre-teens getting in/out multiple times a day every day, it had absolutely zero wear. So far my Y had zero wear there but it's only been a year and a fraction of the in/out cause of covid, so my opinion would be not to worry about this piece too much

I had a model S with the size piece like this and after 4 years of toddlers/pre-teens getting in/out multiple times a day every day, it had absolutely zero wear. So far my Y had zero wear there but it's only been a year and a fraction of the in/out cause of covid, so my opinion would be not to worry about this piece too much
Mine has noticeable wear after a year of traffic from a 6 and 8 year old. Really a poor design decision

I have the Basenor leather covers on my 7-seater. They look exactly same as the Tapates ones and the ones on page 1 that were posted. They don't fit perfectly because of the hump but if you go patiently and work it bit by bit, they do connect up decently and don't shift around. They're also amazingly easy to clean - just a quick wipe with a baby wipe does the trick. The only big issue is there's about an inch or two of exposed cloth up towards the top part but I'm not too entirely bothered by it for now since that section doesn't ever get stepped on. It's ugly if you stare at it but most people won't notice... In any case, I'd rather have these on for now until something better comes along (seems like no one makes a similar product for the 7-seater yet). Even if those cloth sections don't get worn out, they'll trap dirt and salt and all kinds of kid grime... over time, you'll have permanent staining/discoloration.

What about when dealing with dirty shoes? We live in the mountains.

I have the Basenor leather covers on my 7-seater. They look exactly same as the Tapates ones and the ones on page 1 that were posted. They don't fit perfectly because of the hump but if you go patiently and work it bit by bit, they do connect up decently and don't shift around. They're also amazingly easy to clean - just a quick wipe with a baby wipe does the trick. The only big issue is there's about an inch or two of exposed cloth up towards the top part but I'm not too entirely bothered by it for now since that section doesn't ever get stepped on. It's ugly if you stare at it but most people won't notice... In any case, I'd rather have these on for now until something better comes along (seems like no one makes a similar product for the 7-seater yet). Even if those cloth sections don't get worn out, they'll trap dirt and salt and all kinds of kid grime... over time, you'll have permanent staining/discoloration.

Would you mind posting a pic showing how it looks on your 7 seater?

Reactions: WyoDude
Would you mind posting a pic showing how it looks on your 7 seater?
Ask and you shall receive.

You can see on the third pic there's about an inch or so of exposed fabric up towards the pillar portion but it's well out of the danger zone. You can also see there is some wrinkles in the leather due to the hump that's not there on the 5-seater. I might be able to get more of them out but I'm not too bothered by it. The entire underside of the leather piece is velcro so it attaches really well to the fabric and doesn't slide at all. I also tucked the edge under the plastic trim and it ends up being very seamless looking.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-16 at 6.51.02 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-16 at 6.51.02 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-16 at 6.51.02 PM.jpeg

Ask and you shall receive.

You can see on the third pic there's about an inch or so of exposed fabric up towards the pillar portion but it's well out of the danger zone. You can also see there is some wrinkles in the leather due to the hump that's not there on the 5-seater. I might be able to get more of them out but I'm not too bothered by it. The entire underside of the leather piece is velcro so it attaches really well to the fabric and doesn't slide at all. I also tucked the edge under the plastic trim and it ends up being very seamless looking.

View attachment 781794
View attachment 781795View attachment 781792
Thanks! They look pretty good even if they are not fitting perfectly.

I got the Basenor Tesla Model Y Rear Door Entry Protector Mat Leather Liner as well - this is what dagug posted.
I second that they fit pretty well with the velcro underneath, even though its 'not designed' for the 7 seater. My pictures pretty much look the same as dagug's. Happy with this solution with my kids shoes. I had the last straw when they tracked a pile of salt/snow onto the carpeted area last month :eek:.

Just came across this. It looks like it has a velcro attachment on the back, which should be perfect. Might give it a shot.

Subbing... Any luck yet? Curious to see if this fits/works

It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one pulling my hair out trying to find a cover for this! I’m thinking no one makes one because it’s a liability for slipping when climbing into the back. It would be really nice if Tesla made a plastic fix for this piece though… wishful thinking.

Reactions: blinkme323
As many of you with the 7 seater probably know, there is a section of carpet on the rear door sill that is a prime area for the kids to step on when they get in the car. I'm worried that this section will eventually wear out, so I'm curious if anyone has found a solution for protecting it? All of the sill protector kits seem to be for the 5 seater, where that section is plastic instead of carpet. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 708424
Did you ever find a solution? This spot in the car has been bothering me so much as well. With kids stepping on it and making it dirty.

Did you ever find a solution? This spot in the car has been bothering me so much as well. With kids stepping on it and making it dirty.

Yep, these have worked perfectly for me: