Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seat Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordering the 7 seat configuration and was wondering with that does the second row not move up if there is someone in the 3rd seat to make it more comfortable like the 6 seater demo they have in the showroom?

Also, is the second row now manual vs. automatic? to get into the 3rd row.

Tried to find on the forums but getting multiple threads, a little confusing.

In the 7 seat configuration the middle row can manually be adjusted to slide forward. With the Model X interior update only the 6 seat interior is electronically controlled through the touch screen. Let me know if you need a sales rep to help you!

I appreciate all the help. I have a sales rep that i am working with by these are just questions that just popped up in the head and thought id ask here.

So its electronically controlled through the touch screen? It is not where the back of the second seat touches the knees it stops? Im debating between getting a 6 seater with a console or 7 seater. I want comfort and also some tech, manually moving the seat could be annoying I think at times.

My wife really wanted the 7 seat interior until we went and tried the different configurations. We really didn't need the second row to fold down but have lots of grandkids. The new manual 7 seat configuration does not really slide forward enough to make it easy to get to the third row. With the 6 seat configuration, it is very easy to access the third row. We ended up purchasing the 6 seat with the center console. You should definitely sit in each if you can. Hope that helps.

• Love
Reactions: Mrwatchdawg
The leg room is fine seeing as how the console is cut away and has space for people in third row seats to place feet under it at an angle. The biggest plus is the ease in access to the 3rd row seats. My wife also thought if we got the 6 Seat configuration she would not want the console until she tried both with and without (she thought without it would provide better access to the rear seats). The console is nice and provides stability as an arm rest in the second row and also does not really have an impact on leg room in back seats with the cut away under the console. The way the automatic seats move forward and tilt give great access the third row. In fact when you move the second row forward for access it also moves the front seats forward and then back. Definitely worth looking at. The new 7 seat design is manual and really doesn't give great access to the 3rd row.

I ordered the 7 seater yesterday without never seeing one, they only had 6 seaters for test drives here (Finland). Hope it lives up to the expectations..

You know i saw both of them and I chose the 6 seater. The center seat on the 7 seater would be useful for a child anyway, with two big adults a third in the middle wouldn't be comfortable.

Regardless 7 seater is a good choice as well

The leg room is fine seeing as how the console is cut away and has space for people in third row seats to place feet under it at an angle. The biggest plus is the ease in access to the 3rd row seats. My wife also thought if we got the 6 Seat configuration she would not want the console until she tried both with and without (she thought without it would provide better access to the rear seats). The console is nice and provides stability as an arm rest in the second row and also does not really have an impact on leg room in back seats with the cut away under the console. The way the automatic seats move forward and tilt give great access the third row. In fact when you move the second row forward for access it also moves the front seats forward and then back. Definitely worth looking at. The new 7 seat design is manual and really doesn't give great access to the 3rd row.
The 7 seat car is changing quietly ;-(

I've seen the seven seater, and it's really a decision between do you haul more stuff or people... the folddown second row (and manual slide forward to get to the third row) vs the 'can't fold down second row' of the six seater, but electric seat adjustment, with the automatic easy entry to third row, and the open middle aisle so you can move around easily (if you don't get the second row console).

Really people vs. cargo. :D

We have mostly two people except in rare circumstances and would have gotten the five seater except for the missing rear HVAC unit, which we wanted for hot summers, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
We ordered the new 7-seater being that we are already a family of 5. Though it is a bit tight, we can sit two more people here and there. Also, it is nice to be able to fold completely flat. When the car arrives in a month or two, I will certainly report back or answer any questions about fitting three car seats and other family members in there.