TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

7 Seat Interior

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mrwatchdawg, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Ordering the 7 seat configuration and was wondering with that does the second row not move up if there is someone in the 3rd seat to make it more comfortable like the 6 seater demo they have in the showroom?

Also, is the second row now manual vs. automatic? to get into the 3rd row.

Tried to find on the forums but getting multiple threads, a little confusing.

2. sataponw

sataponw Member

From what the sale rep told me, the second-row seats are now manual to from back and forth. But then I haven't seen one myself.

3. Booloop

Booloop New Member

In the 7 seat configuration the middle row can manually be adjusted to slide forward. With the Model X interior update only the 6 seat interior is electronically controlled through the touch screen. Let me know if you need a sales rep to help you!

4. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

I appreciate all the help. I have a sales rep that i am working with by these are just questions that just popped up in the head and thought id ask here.

So its electronically controlled through the touch screen? It is not where the back of the second seat touches the knees it stops? Im debating between getting a 6 seater with a console or 7 seater. I want comfort and also some tech, manually moving the seat could be annoying I think at times.

5. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

See video (link below). You can move, but not electronic.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Booloop

Booloop New Member

With the 6 seat interior you can move the seats with the button on the seat or via the touch screen. Just keep in mind that the 6 seat interior will not fold flat like the 7 seat interior.

7. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Thanks for that. The 3rd row does fold flat though? Correct?

8. Booloop

Booloop New Member

That is correct!

9. bbcoach51

bbcoach51 New Member

My wife really wanted the 7 seat interior until we went and tried the different configurations. We really didn't need the second row to fold down but have lots of grandkids. The new manual 7 seat configuration does not really slide forward enough to make it easy to get to the third row. With the 6 seat configuration, it is very easy to access the third row. We ended up purchasing the 6 seat with the center console. You should definitely sit in each if you can. Hope that helps.

• Love x 1
  10. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

I appreciate the feedback on that. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

How do you like the 6 seater with the console? Do people have enough leg room in the back

11. bbcoach51

bbcoach51 New Member

The leg room is fine seeing as how the console is cut away and has space for people in third row seats to place feet under it at an angle. The biggest plus is the ease in access to the 3rd row seats. My wife also thought if we got the 6 Seat configuration she would not want the console until she tried both with and without (she thought without it would provide better access to the rear seats). The console is nice and provides stability as an arm rest in the second row and also does not really have an impact on leg room in back seats with the cut away under the console. The way the automatic seats move forward and tilt give great access the third row. In fact when you move the second row forward for access it also moves the front seats forward and then back. Definitely worth looking at. The new 7 seat design is manual and really doesn't give great access to the 3rd row.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

You are awesome. That's what my thoughts were on that as well.

13. _jmk

_jmk Member

I ordered the 7 seater yesterday without never seeing one, they only had 6 seaters for test drives here (Finland). Hope it lives up to the expectations..

14. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

You know i saw both of them and I chose the 6 seater. The center seat on the 7 seater would be useful for a child anyway, with two big adults a third in the middle wouldn't be comfortable.

Regardless 7 seater is a good choice as well

15. outie

outie Active Member

We have 2 car seats in the middle row. A short adult can sit in the middle seat comfortably between the 2 car seats.

16. Pretty

Pretty Member

The 7 seat car is changing quietly ;-(

17. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I've seen the seven seater, and it's really a decision between do you haul more stuff or people... the folddown second row (and manual slide forward to get to the third row) vs the 'can't fold down second row' of the six seater, but electric seat adjustment, with the automatic easy entry to third row, and the open middle aisle so you can move around easily (if you don't get the second row console).

Really people vs. cargo. :D

We have mostly two people except in rare circumstances and would have gotten the five seater except for the missing rear HVAC unit, which we wanted for hot summers, etc.

• Helpful x 1
  18. cantbechanged

cantbechanged Member

We ordered the new 7-seater being that we are already a family of 5. Though it is a bit tight, we can sit two more people here and there. Also, it is nice to be able to fold completely flat. When the car arrives in a month or two, I will certainly report back or answer any questions about fitting three car seats and other family members in there.

19. berserk_sun

berserk_sun Member

Same here, I ordered new 7 seats config, for 4 reasons.
    1. For case of seating 7 people obviously.
    2. fold back seats for maximum cargo room.
    3. Price.
    4. Probably more reliable

• Like x 1
  20. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Me too. Usually only have 2 in the car, but the fold down second seat makes the cargo area much more usable. Also wanted the A/C in the rear.

• Like x 1