Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seat Model Y (Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The few videos I've seen the people said basically you need to be 5'5" and under to fit in the back.

If I was buying a new Y and didn't care about the 3k cost then I'd get it just for the extra flexibility. I have two kids and them and their carseats essentially take up the entire 2nd row.

It would be nice to have the "in a pinch" flexibility

The few videos I've seen the people said basically you need to be 5'5" and under to fit in the back.

If I was buying a new Y and didn't care about the 3k cost then I'd get it just for the extra flexibility. I have two kids and them and their carseats essentially take up the entire 2nd row.

It would be nice to have the "in a pinch" flexibility

Yup, my wife is 5'3" and have 2 small kids that are out of car seats so this will work great for my use case. Not for those with a tall family though I'd imagine.

The video shows the seats in the Down position, looks like the 5 seat model. Still lots of room.

Fred
I would be curious to see how a spare tire would fit in the MY7? Third Row vs. Spare Tire: RANT!!!!

Here are so pictures for the MY5: Model Y spare tire?

img_0567-jpg.609217

fcef15ca-a0d9-477a-a1d0-72a160dbd47d-jpeg.609271
12186eca-5112-46cb-8c79-eac372ab12f0-jpeg.609273

It's honestly a lot better than I ever imagined it would be. The guy in the video is 6 foot and seems to have enough leg room and his head just touches the glass. I didn't think it was going to be possible.

Ditto. I am rather impressed with the final product. I was purely looking at an X but the X also seems so big on the road when I test drove it. The 7-seat Y is starting to look better and better if I can do something to mitigate the harsh ride.

I did notice the 3rd row floor is level with the 2nd row ( not level with 2nd row floor). The 2nd row has impressive legroom due to risers and ample toe space beneath the 1st row seats. The 3rd row though has limited space for your feet and the tracks are in the way too.

Y'all know the 3rd row folds flat so you don't lose any storage (with the exception of the front subfloor trunk), right? Everyone keeps saying you lose so much storage...it's not true. You still have the same amount of storage with the 3rd row folded flat. You still have the rear subfloor trunk storage as well.

STORAGE IS NOT MAJORLY IMPACTED.

Reactions: mcsenerd
The rear cover flips over and becomes flush with folded third row. There’s a picture somewhere on the forum.

The Y 3rd row does not fold entirely flat with the trunk floor. It is not just a flap. Instead there is a rigid angled edge on the sub trunk cover. You can see it in the video, at 9:42 mark, from first post of this thread. You do lose a little bit of storage height with the 3rd row but I feel it is a worthwhile compromise.

02BFAB90-07D9-43D8-B567-DDE96D0FB061.png

The Y 3rd row does not fold entirely flat with the trunk floor. It is not just a flap. Instead there is a rigid angled edge on the sub trunk cover. You can see it in the video, at 9:42 mark, from first post of this thread. You do lose a little bit of storage height with the 3rd row but I feel it is a worthwhile compromise.

View attachment 630602
*sigh* you can flip the rear trunk floor upside down for a completely flush floor. Either way, it doesn't impact storage and YES, the 3rd row DOES fold ENTIRELY flat.