Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Only theory there would be that it’s because I quickly went from July - August EDD range straight to VIN and 6/29 - 7/3. Which makes me a little nervous that this is a reject car too but I don’t know.
This reject is likely when either the buyer backed out due to finances or found another vehicle while waiting for this. A reject when the vehicle is already at the lot is concerning.

Reactions: WhiteWi
OD:12/15 MSM 19inch. Added FSD on 6/13/22. VIN was 6/16. Called the customer care and requested them to remove FSD and update purchase order; It was taken within an hour. They honored my 12/15 sale price. Yesterday evening received the text to confirm delivery. I will be pick SUV on 6/22. They also confirmed heated wipers, all season tires and AMD processor. SUV was build it May and is on the way Devon PA; expected to arrive on 6/19. My local CU offered 1.99% for 60 months (DCU have increased their rate to 2.49%) Wishing you all best on your order.
The deliveries at the end of the quarter seem abnormal, geographically. You're in PA, I think whitewi is GA, there is a NY and FL recently (without FSD) I think too.

Reactions: Tezla. and WhiteWi
This reject is likely when either the buyer backed out due to finances or found another vehicle while waiting for this. A reject when the vehicle is already at the lot is concerning.
It would surprise me if they put a physical reject back on a transporter unless it was a Fremont reject (which is possible I suppose) because like whitewi says, someone will accept it so why incur the cost and complexity to ship it. If a reject, I'd bet my dollar on the person wasn't ready to accept and they re-assigned the VIN, not because it failed a buyers review.

The way it seems to usually work is a VIN is matched towards the end of manufacturing, then it's prepped for transport then it shows up at the DC. That's while when things go nominally the east coast folks have a couple weeks lead time for their delivery to get their financial and insurance stuff squared away. West coast has a couple days.

tl;dr - it probably factory fresh. If it's a reject it is more likely rejected for timely, not due to physical issue... so still factory fresh.

ya gotta laugh at this point, right?
Yeah, at this point I have no idea. Maybe it could result in a VIN in a couple of days? Maybe I'll go to the SC and see if they can match me with a vehicle. Not much I can do at this point. I did add FSD to my order a couple of days ago. Dunno. I really don't want to be paying these gas prices for another 6 months. Keep in mind this is my first Tesla or EV. I don't have the benefit of having a previous Tesla to use.

Reactions: jylertones
OD:12/15 MSM 19inch. Added FSD on 6/13/22. VIN was 6/16. Called the customer care and requested them to remove FSD and update purchase order; It was taken within an hour. They honored my 12/15 sale price. Yesterday evening received the text to confirm delivery. I will be pick SUV on 6/22. They also confirmed heated wipers, all season tires and AMD processor. SUV was build it May and is on the way Devon PA; expected to arrive on 6/19. My local CU offered 1.99% for 60 months (DCU have increased their rate to 2.49%) Wishing you all best on your order.
I also want to take a chance of adding FSD and remove later. Went onto do that and got the attached screen. At the bottom it says I won't be able to make further changes. Do you happen to remember if you got the same message?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-115707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-115707_Chrome.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 97
I also want to take a chance of adding FSD and remove later. Went onto do that and got the attached screen. At the bottom it says I won't be able to make further changes. Do you happen to remember if you got the same message?
I received the same message when I added a couple of days ago however I do see a button to remove FSD in my profile. It's possible that could go away or they could refuse to remove it at some later date but I doubt it. Either way, I think you're taking a risk if you decide to add FSD and want to remove it later. I don't think anyone will guarantee that you will have that ability.

I received the same message when I added a couple of days ago however I do see a button to remove FSD in my profile. It's possible that could go away or they could refuse to remove it at some later date but I doubt it. Either way, I think you're taking a risk if you decide to add FSD and want to remove it later. I don't think anyone will guarantee that you will have that ability.
Thank you. I understand the risk but just wanted to confirm if they made the change already to not allow removal of FSD later by adding that text.