Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tend to keep my car around for a pretty long time so the Ryzen processor hopefully will future proof against any updates. The other thing is that I'd far prefer to have the Lithium Ion battery so I don't have to worry about the lead-acid one dying after a few years.
Exactly what the last poster said, the AMD will be able to handle all the new apps that Tesla will be adding in the future. And the 12v li-on battery will not crap out and leave you stranded every 2 years like the current 12v lead-acid battery does. I've heard with the Intel chip, opening youtube takes like 30 seconds, with the AMD its like 4 seconds. I have a gaming PC because I absolutely cannot stand slow computers.

Exactly what the last poster said, the AMD will be able to handle all the new apps that Tesla will be adding in the future. And the 12v li-on battery will not crap out and leave you stranded every 2 years like the current 12v lead-acid battery does. I've heard with the Intel chip, opening youtube takes like 30 seconds, with the AMD its like 4 seconds. I have a gaming PC because I absolutely cannot stand slow computers.
Can confirm. My husband has a 2020 M3 and it’s annoying to have to wait for YouTube and Netflix to load. Totally first world problems, but still. lol

Reactions: MikeHawk
Entered my second day of EDD today and it updated to TBD. I haven’t seen that usually it just pushes a couple of weeks. Anyone else with TBD?

Back on Jan 20th a lot of folks changed to TBD. It sounded like a system thing at the time and after a few hours mine when to a 2.5 week window (Jan 17 - Jan 31), followed by JUNE, then a whole slew of missed EDDs. Did you change something or call Tesla about something?

Back on Jan 20th a lot of folks changed to TBD. It sounded like a system thing at the time and after a few hours mine when to a 2.5 week window (Jan 17 - Jan 31), followed by JUNE, then a whole slew of missed EDDs. Did you change something or call Tesla about something?
The only thing that happened was I was texted last week about trading in my vehicle. So I agreed to have them quote the trade-in but did not accept the offer. So now my dashboard has the trade quote and is asking me to provide title and other document to accept. Could that be why?

Wow I didn't realize the current battery is that bad.

Ah man. Maybe if they try to deliver my Model Y soon with the bad features, I should delay delivery? I don't really need the car yet. still have my current vehicle.

Reactions: MikeHawk
The only thing that happened was I was texted last week about trading in my vehicle. So I agreed to have them quote the trade-in but did not accept the offer. So now my dashboard has the trade quote and is asking me to provide title and other document to accept. Could that be why?
Could be. I've seen some posts that seem to think if the trade in step is in limbo it impacts the EDD. I would resolve everything with respect to a trade in as soon as possible

Ordered MYLR (Geminis, 7 seater white with black interior) in August, original EDD Dec 15-Dec 31, put on hold because traveling out of the country, took off hold Jan 12, updated EDD was Feb 2 to Mar 2, got moved to Feb 22 - Mar 22, then Feb 17 - Mar 02, now Feb 26 - Mar 12.

I ordered a White on White MYLR7 no tow, no FSD on 6/29 with gemini wheels and then switched to Inductions on 7/6. I am in the Atlanta area.

EDD started off as "September", and have been steadily pushed back. I think I had completed my profile but at one point the financing had expired. I left it that way because I did not want it to expire again, so then I think my account was left in an uncompleted state until I saw a comment last month about making sure to complete everything. At that point I switched to Cash.

This morning I was assigned VIN F381xxx which has been confirmed to have AMD and Li-Ion Battery. Since January, EDD was saying 2/17-3/17. Over this past weekend, it had changed to 3/1 - 3/13 before changing to 3/3 - 3/7 today.

Wow I didn't realize the current battery is that bad.

Ah man. Maybe if they try to deliver my Model Y soon with the bad features, I should delay delivery? I don't really need the car yet. still have my current vehicle.
They made some changes to help with the issue. I personally didn't have issues with the battery going bad on my 3, so I think the problem is probably overblown but it will for sure go bad at some point where the li-ion may never need to be replaced during your ownership.

Having said that, for me personally, it was important to get the AMD and Li-ion battery, but more because I've already been waiting for 8 months for the Y and I want to at least get the latest version.

My model Y delivery was originally scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb 16th. But, I ended getting it on Feb 12th.

Going over my trade-in paperwork, I realized that the registration for my vehicle would expire on Monday Feb 14th. Facing a steep registration renewal fee in Seattle for just two days of ownership, I texted my local Tesla office to explain the situation. They moved my registration up to Saturday to accommodate, warning me that the vehicle would have just arrived that morning and they may have to reschedule, if they could not go through their cleaning and test processes. Got a call on Saturday around noon that my vehicle did check out, and they would deliver it to our home mid afternoon.

A Tesla rep drove the vehicle over. Allowed me to do a walk around, check the inside of the vehicle before accepting it. I could not find any flaws with it. He then spent about 40 minutes explaining features answering questions, had me sign in four or five places across 4 docs (a process that takes hours of torture at a traditional dealership). After papers were signed, the delivery rep took keys for our trade in and drove off. I went over the new vehicle multiple times after that and could not issues to complain about.

The vehicle has been really awesome. It is zippy, practical, comfortable, with great audio. The only disappointment was that it came with the Intel Atom processor. But, if it had not been something I was obsessing over, I would never have noticed anything being off. The screen is responsive and nothing about the time apps take to load seems off.

It was a 178 day wait. But, the VIN eventually popped up. The wait has been worth it.

My model Y delivery was originally scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb 16th. But, I ended getting it on Feb 12th.

Going over my trade-in paperwork, I realized that the registration for my vehicle would expire on Monday Feb 14th. Facing a steep registration renewal fee in Seattle for just two days of ownership, I texted my local Tesla office to explain the situation. They moved my registration up to Saturday to accommodate, warning me that the vehicle would have just arrived that morning and they may have to reschedule, if they could not go through their cleaning and test processes. Got a call on Saturday around noon that my vehicle did check out, and they would deliver it to our home mid afternoon.

A Tesla rep drove the vehicle over. Allowed me to do a walk around, check the inside of the vehicle before accepting it. I could not find any flaws with it. He then spent about 40 minutes explaining features answering questions, had me sign in four or five places across 4 docs (a process that takes hours of torture at a traditional dealership). After papers were signed, the delivery rep took keys for our trade in and drove off. I went over the new vehicle multiple times after that and could not issues to complain about.

The vehicle has been really awesome. It is zippy, practical, comfortable, with great audio. The only disappointment was that it came with the Intel Atom processor. But, if it had not been something I was obsessing over, I would never have noticed anything being off. The screen is responsive and nothing about the time apps take to load seems off.

It was a 178 day wait. But, the VIN eventually popped up. The wait has been worth it.
Congratulations!! Post a pic!!

OD: Sept 18
Colour Change: Oct 1
Initial EDD: Jan 23 to Feb 20
EDD changed to Feb 12 to Mar 12 on Nov 28 2021
EDD changed to Jan 22 to Feb 19 on Jan 1 2022
EDD changed to June on Jan 10 2022
EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 11 2022
EDD changed to TBD on Jan 20 2022
EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 20 2022
EDD changed to Feb 21 to Mar 21 on Feb 7 2022
EDD changed to Feb 27 to Mar 11 on Feb 13 2022

EDD changed to Feb 27 to Mar 5 on Feb 16 2022
VIN DAY: 383 ———Feb 16 2022

Config: MYLR white/white 7 seat tow 19” no FSD

Hey Guys! long time lurker, first time poster. Learned a lot from this forum. Please find my data points:
MY LR, BLACK/BACK/TOW/20" WHEELS/NO FSD
OD: 08/28/2021
ED: Moved like SIX times so don't remember all but it tightened to 4 days before i got vinned. One thing I did notice that the tesla app on my iPhone wanted permission to connect with Bluetooth before i got the VIN. Maybe nothing.
VIN: 7SAYGAEEXNF3849XX
Contacted tesla chat who confirmed this will have the Ryzen chip. Will call the local dealer shortly to double confirm but they are closed right now. If i get conflicting info, will inform everyone.

thanks a lot

And I just received my VIN on my 7 seater order. NF383. Trying to confirm Intel v AMD. My MYP order has Intel. I didn't expect a VIN on the 7 seater until May/June and had decided I was going to move forward with the MYP, but now, it may be 7 seater with acceleration boost.

Reactions: Otter2007
And I just received my VIN on my 7 seater order. NF383. Trying to confirm Intel v AMD. My MYP order has Intel. I didn't expect a VIN on the 7 seater until May/June and had decided I was going to move forward with the MYP, but now, it may be 7 seater with acceleration boost.
Keep us posted. I am sitting at TBD with an older order date hoping my number gets called and I get all the new goodies.