Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that happens, will we be getting new battery as well?

I say YES! Not that what I say matters haha. I think we could get the structural battery pack so they don't have to retool again shortly. I hope the 4680 comes with it. Again I say YES! It's almost too perfect... low production numbers, supports an slow ramp, a mix of colors to test out the paint process, an easy split between the MYLR and the MYP so people don't get all backside hurt on getting a "Fremont" Y, brings the 7-seat back to even on range, etc.

I'll would definitely be a nice and welcomed gesture after waiting 6 months for the car.

I say YES! Not that what I say matters haha. I think we could get the structural battery pack so they don't have to retool again shortly. I hope the 4680 comes with it. Again I say YES! It's almost too perfect... low production numbers, supports an slow ramp, a mix of colors to test out the paint process, an easy split between the MYLR and the MYP so people don't get all backside hurt on getting a "Fremont" Y, brings the 7-seat back to even on range, etc.

I'll would definitely be a nice and welcomed gesture after waiting 6 months for the car.
That would be awesome if they did some early releases of the 4680 cells in our 7 seaters! Lol

Mine is similar build (see my signature for info)except wheels but I think now location might be an important question to ask also, like east coast vs west coast (meaning Austin vs Fremont). I feel like thee might be a early to mid Feb 7 seater batch for the east coasters coming up! But just a guess based on some of the peoples reports of build, Edd, and location.
Good point. I’m in California and have a feeling I’ll be waiting for a while longer.

Lots of VINS today any 7 seaters in here get one? The longer we hear crickets on 7 seaters the more plausible they are coming from Austin.
I was having the exact same thought earlier today. It would certainly make sense since 7 seaters are low volume and as someone else said, they could do multiple colors with this relatively small volume. Only time will tell.

No. And highly unlikely an Austin vehicle will ship anytime soon. The ones that have been produced there do not have the 4680.
Are you sure about that? Look at this photo from Joe’s flight today. You can clearly see a body that has the 4680 space and then the seats that go over it. Also in the second photo you see a many of Model Y's (From Jeff Robert's flight). I guess you can speculate and say they are Fremont made employee cars but evidence is growing that they are not.
1642655905261.jpeg

1642656148032.png

Order Date was 3/15/2019, one of the original LR RWD orders, forced to convert to AWD in Dec 2021. Got VIN yesterday, car was built in Fremont, pickup Saturday. White/Black 7 seater, 20”

EDD was moved from end of Dec 2021, to beginning of Jan, to mid to end, to mid to beginning of Feb.

Reactions: sevusal
Are you sure about that? Look at this photo from Joe’s flight today. You can clearly see a body that has the 4680 space and then the seats that go over it. Also in the second photo you see a many of Model Y's (From Jeff Robert's flight). I guess you can speculate and say they are Fremont made employee cars but evidence is growing that they are not.
View attachment 757755

View attachment 757757
Those are cutaways for display purposes. Not production.

VIN received overnight, NF and 366XXX, confirmed to have the AMD chip. I’m unsure of delivery timing as I’m using Carrier Direct rather than picking up myself. I’ll update the tracker this evening and am super excited to be at the tail end of this process!
This gives me a little bit of hope that our TBD Carrier Direct order VIN will come soon. Still nothing over here yet.

What exactly do you see in the app, out of curiosity? I haven’t seen any other recent Carrier Direct orders so I imagine it’s a bit different.