Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you say carrier direct, is that the same thing as home delivery?
No, those of us who live more than 250 miles from a service center have to either drive there to pick it up, or use a third party carrier to have it delivered. NY cut off Tesla after they had put 5 sales locations in, all downstate, which is more than 250 miles from us and we can’t really justify a road trip down there right now.

Just called for an update.

My LR7 white/blk no tow 19” no fsd will be produced at the end of March, coinciding with end of Q1. This and all current production is from Fremont. The first batch of Q1 production is just now going through, hence the VINs arriving. 4680 will not be magically appearing out of thin air, more so through some announcement. Austin production does not guarantee 4680, again it would be announced and first production vehicles will more than likely receive the current version. Don’t count on Austin production vehicles through Q1.

This gives me a little bit of hope that our TBD Carrier Direct order VIN will come soon. Still nothing over here yet.

What exactly do you see in the app, out of curiosity? I haven’t seen any other recent Carrier Direct orders so I imagine it’s a bit different.
I hear you, that darn TBD popped up after I added the Carrier Direct fee and never went away. There was no indication of when the VIN would arrive and I had to text my SA to ask if they had an idea of what the date range was for EDD, I also mentioned I wouldn't hold them to it because I know things can change and the Carrier Direct adds to the timeline. This morning I did my usual OCD check in the Tesla App and it changed from the generic message to "We're making some changes with your order, visit the website" and when I did that I got the vision acceptance and saw the MVPA had the new VIN.

Reactions: MRuth85 and RocY
I hear you, that darn TBD popped up after I added the Carrier Direct fee and never went away. There was no indication of when the VIN would arrive and I had to text my SA to ask if they had an idea of what the date range was for EDD, I also mentioned I wouldn't hold them to it because I know things can change and the Carrier Direct adds to the timeline. This morning I did my usual OCD check in the Tesla App and it changed from the generic message to "We're making some changes with your order, visit the website" and when I did that I got the vision acceptance and saw the MVPA had the new VIN.
Thanks! Bummer it never went away, I’ll keep an eye out for that message, though.

Just called for an update.

My LR7 white/blk no tow 19” no fsd will be produced at the end of March, coinciding with end of Q1. This and all current production is from Fremont. The first batch of Q1 production is just now going through, hence the VINs arriving. 4680 will not be magically appearing out of thin air, more so through some announcement. Austin production does not guarantee 4680, again it would be announced and first production vehicles will more than likely receive the current version. Don’t count on Austin production vehicles through Q1.
what's your OD?

Nice to see 7-seater VINs coming through

Got an EDD update today -- now showing approximately 1-week window (Jan 23 - Feb 1).

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
EDD change #5 on 01/20: 01/23 - 02/01

Ordered 12/30/21 Model Y Dual Motor Long Range/Midnight Silver/Black Interior/7-Seat

My account says to expect a July 2022 delivery. I was told by an SA today that my order would be from Fremont, not Austin. Do they have the ability to guarantee that without a VIN?
My understanding is that the SA’s are just about as clueless on that as we are. I don’t think anything is guaranteed either way until you actually get the car.

Reactions: Locash
MY7LR/White Exterior/Black interior/19" Gemini wheels/NoTow/NoFSD, ordered 7/15

EDD -> Oct 17st - Oct 31st Put in on hold for personal reason until 03/01.

Received cancellation email yesterday to click I am Ready by Jan 27th.

Planning to click I am ready on Jan 26th.

Praying for Austin built car. But will take anything.