Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another EDD change - July 24th to Aug 28th. I lost count on EDD changes. :mad: OD - 12/15. I will be lucky if I get it in 2022. I would have walked out from the BS company if I had not purchased couple of accessories (wall charger, floor mats). Earlier I had couple of two week and one week windows.

I was hoping they would have used some of the Austin capacity for a 7-seat line (with 2170 batteries even). Clearly there is no business case to make them in a timely manner, or they would (FSD seems to offer some incentive), and it's not simply a part problem bc they are making/delivering batches (vast majority are with FSD per my previous post reflecting on the TMC tracker data).

I'm still showing Jun 11-25, but I stopped believing whatever it shows a while ago.

Not a bad idea…. If you have the time/patience to deal with it.

Have you done Turo? I’m hesitant to use them… don’t want to deal with any post-rental disputes.
I'm currently driving a vehicle I picked up through Turo Monday... return it Wed morning. It's my first time... want to picked up a second one from Wed to Friday, if you catch my drift, but we have a bunch of stuff piling up the second half of the week.

So far, so good on the experience.

Reactions: fishy21
Sometime last week (this is my 3rd time at this rodeo and long ago learned not to believe ANY timeline Tesla provides, haha; I literally forget I even ordered it), my June 4-week window changed to a 2-week window (end of June)...for whatever that's worth.

(EDIT: LOL, so many EDD changes has made my signature too many characters! 😂)

Fwiw I was told by Tesla by phone in late April/early May that I would receive the car in mid June before I added FSD, which is consistent with expected delivery. I freaked out and added it when the EDD got pushed to July a week or so later. If we were delayed past July, my family would have been in a real bind due to a lease ending and other factors. Plus the FSD has value for our lifestyle and costs more to a new buyer than what we paid. I was recently told by Tesla rep during financing that removing FSD after being assigned a VIN would NOT delay delivery but we’re all in on this car for a while so here we go. Whoooo

Fwiw I was told by Tesla by phone in late April/early May that I would receive the car in mid June before I added FSD, which is consistent with expected delivery. I freaked out and added it when the EDD got pushed to July a week or so later. If we were delayed past July, my family would have been in a real bind due to a lease ending and other factors. Plus the FSD has value for our lifestyle and costs more to a new buyer than what we paid. I was recently told by Tesla rep during financing that removing FSD after being assigned a VIN would NOT delay delivery but we’re all in on this car for a while so here we go. Whoooo
I’m glad it worked out for you. Pretty pissed (at Tesla) that someone who ordered in December would get the car before the rest of us.

Paying an extra $10k for a feature we didn’t necessarily want was a tough pill to swallow. No question though that our order status was super charged after I opted for FSD. I’ve also been tracking this forum for a while and it’s been fairly clear that 7 seaters also get the short end of the stick. In hindsight, if I knew this would have been a six month journey I may have opted for the Mustang, Etron, or VW.

If you’re on the fence for FSD, take a look at the resale market and it may make you feel better about it.

Reactions: fishy21