Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY7LR/White Exterior/Black interior/19" Gemini wheels/NoTow/NoFSD, ordered 7/15

EDD -> Oct 17st - Oct 31st Put in on hold for personal reason until 03/01.

Received cancellation email yesterday to click I am Ready by Jan 27th.

Planning to click I am ready on Jan 26th.

Praying for Austin built car. But will take anything.
Just click now. You are not getting an Austin vehicle and have turned a three month delivery into half a year.

Imagine someone doing this to your business.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Before we confirmed Carrier Direct, it was at February 21-March 21 for a couple of months. Once we confirmed Carrier Direct (last Monday) it changed to TBD and hasn’t changed since.
Same experience, the first time it went to TBD from 12/17-31 and ended up being around 10 days before I got a VIN, they tried to drop a 2021 VIN on me a little over 5 weeks after they switched to the 2022 model year.

More recently I came off hold and had TBD for 16 days before VIN. Carrier Direct appears to hide the TBD, which kind of makes sense when you consider they can’t really control how fast the car makes it to you after it arrives at the delivery center. It definitely feels like purgatory, though.

Reactions: RocY
Same experience, the first time it was about 10 days before I got a VIN, they tried to drop a 2021 VIN on me a little over 5 weeks after they switched to the 2022 model year. More recently I came off hold and had TBD for 16 days before VIN. Carrier Direct appears to hide the TBD, which kind of makes sense when you consider they can’t really control how fast the car makes it to you after it arrives at the delivery center. It definitely feels like purgatory, though.
It does! Was a bit hopeful when all these other TBDs showed up, but it looks like the glitch is fixed but mine is still TBD :(

I wish they could still give an EDD to the delivery center.

It does! Was a bit hopeful when all these other TBDs showed up, but it looks like the glitch is fixed but mine is still TBD :(

I wish they could still give an EDD to the delivery center.
I’d suggest a quick call to customer service or texting your SA, they may be able to give you some info about when it’ll get to the delivery center. I had good luck doing that.

I feel your pain though, I rest a little easier having some general idea of when to expect the car. I went back to checking the app every other hour. Good luck and I hope you get the Accept button soon.

One other data point, I got multiple texts the first time I got a VIN, this time around I received no notification other than a change in the app.

Reactions: RocY
Just click now. You are not getting an Austin vehicle and have turned a three month delivery into half a year.

Imagine someone doing this to your business.
Thanks! I am not holding it just for the reason of Austin built. I had personal reasons to request for the hold in October. Moreover, I am not in rush for the new vehicle immediately now. So I am waiting for the last minute to pull the trigger.

I’d suggest a quick call to customer service or texting your SA, they may be able to give you some info about when it’ll get to the delivery center. I had good luck doing that.

I feel your pain though, I rest a little easier having some general idea of when to expect the car. I went back to checking the app every other hour. Good luck and I hope you get the Accept button soon.

One other data point, I got multiple texts the first time I got a VIN, this time around I received no notification other than a change in the app.
Hah, I’ve texted our SA last week and this week, and we’ve called/chatted with Tesla 3 times this week. Haven’t really gotten much useful information out of them and they’ve been somewhat conflicting, but I haven’t specifically asked about when it might show up at the DC. That crossed my mind earlier today but I might wait until next week to ask so that I don’t look like *too* much of a crazy person.

My understanding is that the SA’s are just about as clueless on that as we are. I don’t think anything is guaranteed either way until you actually get the car.
Ordered 12/30/21 Model Y Dual Motor Long Range/Midnight Silver/Black Interior/7-Seat

My account says to expect a July 2022 delivery. I was told by an SA today that my order would be from Fremont, not Austin. Do they have the ability to guarantee that without a VIN?
For some reason I can’t edit my reply. Just occurred to me that if you’re on the west coast then yes it would be Fremont no matter what. Austin is going to be for east coast orders.

Nice to see 7-seater VINs coming through

Got an EDD update today -- now showing approximately 1-week window (Jan 23 - Feb 1).

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
EDD change #5 on 01/20: 01/23 - 02/01

Update to my post from earlier today (quoted above): My EDD shifted by a few days and shortened to a week this morning. Got an email from a local Tesla Advisor this afternoon asking me for my current odometer photo for my trade-in. An hour after I sent in the photo update, the EDD field on my mobile app disappeared -- and the EDD status on the web page says TBD.

Not sure what, if anything, the activity this afternoon means for my order...we'll see.