Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR7 OD:12/15 EDD- July; EDD - Apr11-May 8; EDD - June 11-July8. Today EDD changed Mar 18th to 31t. Location - Philadelphia. Color - Midnight Silver Metallic Paint. 19inch wheel.
Couple of questions - 1. How accurate is this two-week window? 2. Should I apply for a loan now? 3. Any good banks with a better interest rate? 4. When should I expect the VIN number?
I wouldn’t apply for the loan until you’re issued a VIN number.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
That’s a good sign. Hopefully your VIN pops up soon.
Spoke to Tesla; he said they are pushing as many vehicles before the quarter-end. He if do not get VIN within 5-7 days then most likely I will get another EOD. No VIN is yet assigned from the Austin factory and they still waiting for final approval. Some vehicles are shipped and are now at service station lots waiting for VIN assignment. Without even asking for information on the latest upgrades; he said all Y models shipped from CA will come with AMD, Li-Battery, and heated wipers.

Reactions: Otter2007
I ordered on 11/12 and my window is still mid may to June. Will need to call Tesla and see why folks are getting their vin assignment after my order date.
It's the curse of the 7 seats...they probably say "those poor sods" when they see the 7-seater RN's at the factory. I purposely stay out of the months after September in the forums as it would be depressing to see all the VIN's fly in. I have a current EDD of Mar 11-31 myself and confidence is extremely low.

I ordered Nov 1 (Red, 20” wheels, hitch, MYLR7) and my delivery date was saying Feb 28th to March 14th until Tesla called me yesterday. They asked if I am trading in a vehicle and they highly recommended I apply for financing now if I am financing. I’m doing a hybrid and so I decided to do it per their recommendation and was approved. The kicker is that the very next day (no joke) the delivery date in the app changed to May 10 to June 7th. 🤨😞. I called Tesla just now and they say this a quirk in the system regarding the delivery date and it should recede back.

I’m wondering what you all make of this and if this jives from your experiences when submitting the financing application.

Thanks

I ordered Nov 1 (Red, 20” wheels, hitch, MYLR7) and my delivery date was saying Feb 28th to March 14th until Tesla called me yesterday. They asked if I am trading in a vehicle and they highly recommended I apply for financing now if I am financing. I’m doing a hybrid and so I decided to do it per their recommendation and was approved. The kicker is that the very next day (no joke) the delivery date in the app changed to May 10 to June 7th. 🤨😞. I called Tesla just now and they say this a quirk in the system regarding the delivery date and it should recede back.

I’m wondering what you all make of this and if this jives from your experiences when submitting the financing application.

Thanks
I ordered Aug 6th and am still waiting. I got a call two Saturdays ago (Feb 19th) saying i was close and if i wanted to get a trade in offer. They didn't recommend I get financing, and couldn't say what was different in the system to make them (or me) believe it was any more real or closer to being fulfilled than the last dozen EDD changes. My EDD says March 12-31 at the moment, and I'm not available March 26-31. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks
My SA on several occasions said "DON'T DO A THING" as it would drastically affect times and I'm superstitious enough to believe it within reason. Again, like others have mentioned take with a grain of 🧂

Thanks
I have a red MYLR7 (ordered Sept XX) and my EDD slipped to March 18-31 a few days ago if that's any barometer.

I fully expect it to slip again (sadly).

Regarding my post #528 above, I wasn’t clear on where I did the financing, but is was on tesla’s website and when I completed it and was approved on their website, that is when the delivery date was bumped from Feb 28-March 14th to May 10th to June 7th.

Last edited:
My SA on several occasions said "DON'T DO A THING" as it would drastically affect times and I'm superstitious enough to believe it within reason. Again, like others have mentioned take with a grain of 🧂
I was told that as well. Unfortunately when 2 Tesla reps called me on the same day and both recommend me to apply now for the financing on their website, I believed this was the way to go. Never thought it would change my delivery edd moments after..I hope the rep I spoke to is right today and it’s just a glitch in their system and will recede back to same window as before in a couple days. Fingers crossed.

FWIW - ordered back on 10/5/2021 and EDD had been all over the place. EDD window narrowed to about a 3-week window couple weeks ago and finally got matched with a VIN today (F382xxx). Found out through the Tesla app. Is everyone assigned a SA? Cause I've never heard from him/her... just hoping I have all the updates (e.g., AMD). Guess I'll find out soon...

For those still waiting, keep hope!!

Just sit back and wait for VIN to appear. Nothing else you can do and nobody you can call to make the car come faster.

Then hope no issues with the car in transit for you…Else you’ll have to wait again.

Good luck to us all waiting for this EOQ push!

I also recently applied for the financing. Didn’t do much to EDD. I saw rates were changing in tesla and my EDD was coming closer.

Reactions: casefresh
FWIW - ordered back on 10/5/2021 and EDD had been all over the place. EDD window narrowed to about a 3-week window couple weeks ago and finally got matched with a VIN today (F382xxx). Found out through the Tesla app. Is everyone assigned a SA? Cause I've never heard from him/her... just hoping I have all the updates (e.g., AMD). Guess I'll find out soon...

Thanks - how do you check for vin in Tesla app?

Just sit back and wait for VIN to appear. Nothing else you can do and nobody you can call to make the car come faster.

Then hope no issues with the car in transit for you…Else you’ll have to wait again.

Good luck to us all waiting for this EOQ push!

I also recently applied for the financing. Didn’t do much to EDD. I saw rates were changing in tesla and my EDD was coming closer.
Coolio. Just asked how to check for hidden vin as I heard there is some sort of scraper that finds it?

Congrats but also a huge sigh...you ordered a full 32 days after me and the forums are filled with similar people. Why can't orders be fulfilled in the order that they were taken so at least it can feel legit. I mean isn't that what all of you honestly thought when you hit that submit button? It's like standing in line for bread and you're doing your best as you can see that it is a long line, but you can also constantly see people just randomly cut in line and get their bread including people that just recently arrived at the store. That's sort of how I feel right now. This site is a blessing and a curse in that way, blessing as you can share the pain of your fellow people in line and a curse as you can see all the happy people walking out of the store with their bread and know that they didn't wait in line as long. I'm sure that there will still be some May/June/August stragglers in here as March wears on. Not bagging on you Daddoe123 in particular and I am happy for you just sayin'...

Reactions: gvijay84
Coolio. Just asked how to check for hidden vin as I heard there is some sort of scraper that finds it?
Go on your laptop or desktop and sign into your Tesla account. Go to your reservation page of your ordered vehicle.

Press the F12 key or right click on the page and click inspect.

Do a ctrl + f to find VIN.

If you have a hidden one. It may appear somewhere in there. If not it’ll just find everything else that’s VIN like “driving”

Reactions: casefresh

Thanks
Always wait until you have a VIN to apply for financing or trade. I responded to the trade text and it delayed me.