Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD stills show March 12-31 as of this AM. Was expecting something to happen with a Sunday update, but nope.
In this instance, no change is better than the date being pushed back. I bet your window will close in soon though. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, August friend.

I don’t think I updated here, but on Saturday my August MYLR7 was bumped to July 31-August 28, which is super annoying. Hope it bounces back soon. Took a gamble on adding FSD to it, and as of right now I think removing it would keep it at the price when we ordered, but getting kind of desperate now.

We removed FSD from the February MYLR7 (went back to the price we had when we ordered, which is $1k less than what it is now) on Saturday, and that EDD moved back to September from May. So, adding FSD does do something. Still no date range on it, though.

• Informative
Reactions: afscotch
I don’t think I updated here, but on Saturday my August MYLR7 was bumped to July 31-August 28, which is super annoying. Hope it bounces back soon. Took a gamble on adding FSD to it, and as of right now I think removing it would keep it at the price when we ordered, but getting kind of desperate now.

We removed FSD from the February MYLR7 (went back to the price we had when we ordered, which is $1k less than what it is now) on Saturday, and that EDD moved back to September from May. So, adding FSD does do something. Still no date range on it, though.
Sounds like one should/could add FSD to bump up their date... then remove it once it's in transit to the DC, e.g. a couple days prior to their scheduled acceptance date.

Sounds like one should/could add FSD to bump up their date... then remove it once it's in transit to the DC, e.g. a couple days prior to their scheduled acceptance date.
Yes, we’re taking a gamble on trying that for the black Y. Bit risky since it’s almost $7k cheaper than current prices, but worst-case we end up keeping the FSD on there. Going to see if anyone else on here tries it before we get our VIN and base decisions on any experiences noted on here. Haven’t seen an update to the EDD since adding the FSD to the black one, but it might take a few days.
Is this a questionable course of action? Yes.
Have I also been waiting 7 months for this car and now it’s telling me it’s going to be a year of waiting? Also yes.

We did notice on the blue Y’s page, there is no longer an option to add FSD anymore. I think you get one shot at it without affecting pricing, and if you add it again later it would reset your pricing to current pricing.

Reactions: Otter2007
Yes, we’re taking a gamble on trying that for the black Y. Bit risky since it’s almost $7k cheaper than current prices, but worst-case we end up keeping the FSD on there. Going to see if anyone else on here tries it before we get our VIN and base decisions on any experiences noted on here. Haven’t seen an update to the EDD since adding the FSD to the black one, but it might take a few days.
Is this a questionable course of action? Yes.
Have I also been waiting 7 months for this car and now it’s telling me it’s going to be a year of waiting? Also yes.

We did notice on the blue Y’s page, there is no longer an option to add FSD anymore. I think you get one shot at it without affecting pricing, and if you add it again later it would reset your pricing to current pricing.
Good luck, I'm pulling for you. I don't see it as questionable, I see it as playing by the game/rules Tesla's set up, without any feedback loop to the customer other than playing around with the configurer for hypothetical.

Was it 10k or 12k when you added it? Wondering if being an order placed before the FSD price hike it was grandfathered in.

Reactions: srnewby54 and RocY
Good luck, I'mpulling for you. I don't see it as questionable, I see it as playing by the game/rules Tesla's set up, without any feedback loop to the customer other than playing around with the configurer for hypothetical.

Was it 10k or 12k when you added it? Wondering if being an order placed before the FSD price hike it was grandfathered in.
It was $10k, so yes it seems to have been set in stone when I placed the order.

Reactions: afscotch
It was $10k, so yes it seems to have been set in stone when I placed the order.
Good to know, thanks. I'm not reaching desperate mode yet, as my current car is working fine (knock on wood), but I feel it's days are numbered. As of today, I'm ok seeing how Austin/rumored upgrades play out, but know my car could drop a multi-thousand bill rather quickly, plus interest rates are predicted to go up as early as this week with the Fed meeting... and I'll probably need new tires in a few months.

When Elon announced the pending price hike, I wonder if a bunch of people added it and effectively jumped the line therefore inserting more chaos into the EDD process while pushing us further down the line.

Reactions: Otter2007 and RocY
Good to know, thanks. I'm not reaching desperate mode yet, as my current car is working fine (knock on wood), but I feel it's days are numbered. As of today, I'm ok seeing how Austin/rumored upgrades play out, but know my car could drop a multi-thousand bill rather quickly, plus interest rates are predicted to go up as early as this week with the Fed meeting... and I'll probably need new tires in a few months.

When Elon announced the pending price hike, I wonder if a bunch of people added it and effectively jumped the line therefore inserting more chaos into the EDD process while pushing us further down the line.
I’m sure it did! EDDs are probably very unstable now, but hopefully they settle in soon.

Technically, we’re not in desperate need of a car. We have a fairly young EV already so gas/reliability isn’t an issue, and we have an ICE car that’s just been mostly sitting and waiting to be sold, so we have a backup, it’s just… I want my car. We test drove the exact config (though it had tow) last week and it definitely reaffirmed our choice. It was tempting to buy it, but it’s used, the white seats have some discoloration on them already, the charging cable was pretty beat up and didn’t have the adapter, and is a 2021 model so no AMD or Li-ion battery.

Um yeah especially since there are August orders and my order from September 3rd and others still pending with no VIN...but congrats either way.
I will say the EDD ranged wildly week by week but narrowed considerably around the time Giga Austin news was making the rounds (coincidence or not).

which part of the country are you in?

I'm in the Midwest.

Updated today to "June", to back to Jail for me. 😂😭😂😭😂
Probably better than my June 12th to July 10th EDD. I just called Tesla and they escalated my case. Hoping they can work some magic to get me something in April. I don't see a lot of April EDDs here on the forum so wondering if these late EDDs are placeholders. She did mention if I don't see any movement, I should see an update after quarter end in April.