Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably better than my June 12th to July 10th EDD. I just called Tesla and they escalated my case. Hoping they can work some magic to get me something in April. I don't see a lot of April EDDs here on the forum so wondering if these late EDDs are placeholders. She did mention if I don't see any movement, I should see an update after quarter end in April.

Good luck. On the positive side (maybe), is we get to watch all the Austin/AWD circus from the sidelines.

Reactions: Otter2007
We decided to remove the FSD from our black MYLR7 and just let what happens happen. Didn’t affect the price at all; it’s still what it was when we ordered. Don’t know if that’s the case once you get a VIN, but figured I’d share.

We decided to remove the FSD from our black MYLR7 and just let what happens happen. Didn’t affect the price at all; it’s still what it was when we ordered. Don’t know if that’s the case once you get a VIN, but figured I’d share.
Your EDD never updated after adding it? Decide it wasn't worth the 10k gamble or did you find something that made you think you can't remove it once a VIN is assigned?

Reactions: Suns
Your EDD never updated after adding it? Decide it wasn't worth the 10k gamble or did you find something that made you think you can't remove it once a VIN is assigned?
Never updated, and it just wasn’t worth the gamble/worrying when we don’t *need* it. I feel like Tesla’s going to do something to prevent people from taking advantage of it, and I don’t want to be on the wrong end of that. I’m going to give it until after EOQ and Gigafest and if it hasn’t improved, I’ll see if I can get them to escalate it.

Reactions: afscotch
Good to know, thanks. I'm not reaching desperate mode yet, as my current car is working fine (knock on wood), but I feel it's days are numbered. As of today, I'm ok seeing how Austin/rumored upgrades play out, but know my car could drop a multi-thousand bill rather quickly, plus interest rates are predicted to go up as early as this week with the Fed meeting... and I'll probably need new tires in a few months.

When Elon announced the pending price hike, I wonder if a bunch of people added it and effectively jumped the line therefore inserting more chaos into the EDD process while pushing us further down the line.
I might have transitioned into the "needing a car" category. 😂
20220316_180227.jpg
20220316_174747.jpg

Just got this! Yay

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.
Nice!
Was it text or email

Just got this! Yay

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.
I got the March text last night with no reply from Tesla. I replied March. This morning my date changed to May 18- June 29. 🙄

Never got the text but SA finally responded that she was very confident that it would be with the EOQ push this month. Just entered my EDD and for the first time I didn't get pushed back right away. Usually, the push backs have been the day before I enter the EDD or first thing in the morning of the first day of the EDD, but still just sitting at 3/17 - 3/31. Also confirmed from a few different sources that profile is complete and no weird issues etc.

Really the biggest complaint I have about this whole experience is the lack of communication. EDD's are really just an estimation and there are a lot of moving parts, but if I could wave the wand, I would give SA's more insight into the process so they can better communicate with their customers. I mean I personally would think it's cool to know that my unicorn is on the line and is in the paint shop or something as an example, but most would just like to know if they have a vehicle on the way without all the mystery. The other part is the fairness factor...having people that ordered several weeks of even months after you take delivery is just going to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Again, if you can complete and deliver orders as they are taken it would make waiting even if it is a little bit longer a little easier to swallow.

I honestly at this point looking forward more to the day of finally being able to stop the bitching, moaning, and feeling sorry for myself to all of you and my family due to this ordering experience, than I am about actually getting the car. I am just too stubborn to give up or I would have bailed long ago...

Never got the text but SA finally responded that she was very confident that it would be with the EOQ push this month. Just entered my EDD and for the first time I didn't get pushed back right away. Usually, the push backs have been the day before I enter the EDD or first thing in the morning of the first day of the EDD, but still just sitting at 3/17 - 3/31. Also confirmed from a few different sources that profile is complete and no weird issues etc.

Really the biggest complaint I have about this whole experience is the lack of communication. EDD's are really just an estimation and there are a lot of moving parts, but if I could wave the wand, I would give SA's more insight into the process so they can better communicate with their customers. I mean I personally would think it's cool to know that my unicorn is on the line and is in the paint shop or something as an example, but most would just like to know if they have a vehicle on the way without all the mystery. The other part is the fairness factor...having people that ordered several weeks of even months after you take delivery is just going to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Again, if you can complete and deliver orders as they are taken it would make waiting even if it is a little bit longer a little easier to swallow.

I honestly at this point looking forward more to the day of finally being able to stop the bitching, moaning, and feeling sorry for myself to all of you and my family due to this ordering experience, than I am about actually getting the car. I am just too stubborn to give up or I would have bailed long ago...
I feel you! I believe we have the same MYLR build and I also have yet to receive a text or at least an update. I’m sitting on a Jun 2 - July 14 EDD. I’ve been obsessed with looking at the app every morning and following Tesla news for the past 6+ months. I’m going crazy over here but still hopeful.

MYLR White/Black 7 seater, 20”, Tow, No FSD OD 9/6.