Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the local sales office again for the second day in a row and was told yesterday that my car was going to be made today...was told today that my car will be made on March 26th. I asked March 26th 2023? They laughed, I didn't. They told me that this was a different sort of soft assignment that actually shows actual movement this time I laughed, they didn't. Finally to complete my Tesla tragedy for today my SA finally emails back and told me I would be surprised with a VIN before month end. Sigh...

Reactions: Otter2007
Tesla is prioritizing highest cost vehicles for delivery first. If you purchase FSD you will surely get bumped up sooner. However in it's current state, FSD isn't worth $12,000 in my opinion (maybe in the future but who knows 🤷‍♂️).
Is that true though? I placed my order 3/8, MYLR7, black/black, 20" induction, no tow, but FSD out of the gate. That's $18,500 in upgrades from base. EDD at order was August 2022. On 3/11, spent a hot minute at May 2022. Resting at 9/21-10/19 since 3/12. Could build a new model with a faster EDD even today, but would spend another $4K for the pleasure.

Reactions: voxel
Tesla is prioritizing highest cost vehicles for delivery first. If you purchase FSD you will surely get bumped up sooner. However in it's current state, FSD isn't worth $12,000 in my opinion (maybe in the future but who knows 🤷‍♂️).
Yup I thought it was for $10k but not after watching some YouTube videos - it's really a special feature like Parking. Most of it I don't trust all the multiple variables while driving on the city. The Auto-Steer and Auto-Cruise on the freeway is handy for long drives/road trips (that is included).

Thanks for the good will, we will see. I'm sure in the middle of 2nd quarter, we will see more EDD changes due to prior orders still being fulfilled. I see you OD in August 2021! Wow, I hope yours is delivered soon my friend.
Yeah, I didn’t know about needing to complete my profile so I didn’t select payment until late October, but it’s definitely been a while!

Tonight my Tesla rep called and offered me a black/black MY LR 7 seater. I declined because I've had black cars before and they're a nightmare to keep clean. Plus where we live it regularly gets up to 110 degrees during the long hot summers, and black is murder in the heat. I figure someone must have rejected a car. My EDD remains 4/20 - 5/18.

Tonight my Tesla rep called and offered me a black/black MY LR 7 seater. I declined because I've had black cars before and they're a nightmare to keep clean. Plus where we live it regularly gets up to 110 degrees during the long hot summers, and black is murder in the heat. I figure someone must have rejected a car. My EDD remains 4/20 - 5/18.
Oh that sounds like a great decision, good luck on your EDD closing in late April! 🥳

F401 series. Delivered 3/21/22. AMD, heated wipers(software and hardware). I haven't checked for li-ion but I think those 3 things are paired
20220322_185307.jpg

Yeah mine was 3/22 - 4/2 then it was 4/17 - 5/31...I've been told by multiple SA's (my assigned one and the folks at the sales office) that it will be built on 3/26 and that's when I'll have a VIN but I think I have a better chance at winning the lottery to be honest...

Oh that sounds like a great decision, good luck on your EDD closing in late April! 🥳
I have zero faith that we will actually receive a vehicle by the EDD. I have every expectation that it will get pushed back further, even into October or later. Fortunately we have several vehicles to drive in the meantime. I'm actually working on getting some of those ready to sell while the market is hot!