Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I got that a few days ago. Does that mean anything as far as whether I'm going to get the car?
It's generally recommended to reply NO to the text or risk your account going into a limbo status/state. Similar to selecting cash for how you plan to pay, wait until you have a VIN then call to switch to financing (Tesla or 3rd party)... and mention you'd be interested in a trade-in value. Both take a day or two, which is less time for the vin/car to get from Fremont to any non-Southern California DC. YMMV.

It's generally recommended to reply NO to the text or risk your account going into a limbo status/state. Similar to selecting cash for how you plan to pay, wait until you have a VIN then call to switch to financing (Tesla or 3rd party)... and mention you'd be interested in a trade-in value. Both take a day or two, which is less time for the vin/car to get from Fremont to any non-Southern California DC. YMMV.
I just replied "NO" to the text. I just left a msg with our sales adviser. I'm in NorCal so getting a car from Fremont should be easy peasy.

Attachments

• youre-right-breaking-bad.gif
    youre-right-breaking-bad.gif
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
Wow, congrats! Finally!!! A TX build yes? Woo wee!
Despite the logic and speculation prior to opening, my understanding is that the Austin factory will be making a lower-range version of the Y so no one will be getting cars made there unless they work there (like with the M3, Elon seems to like beta-testing new models by selling them to employees who won't complain on social media instead of fully testing them before launch).

I'm surprised how close some folks windows seem to be to mine (May 13-27), despite order dates 1+ months later. I ordered early September and have gotten several pushbacks after entering the window like others. The anonymous SA who answers the text/emails has repeatedly assured me my profile is complete, no loan or trade on the account.

Although I guess it does make some sense given they do them in batches and it probably takes a bit more change to the line than a tow hitch, haha.