Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this in the October thread as well:

Received my VIN today this morning- F433. Pickup in Raleigh, NC.

I manually checked the app- no text or email yet. I checked about 8 hours ago and it wasn’t there. This is the first time I’ve had an update on a Sunday I believe. Previously, I had updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so no pattern from that perspective as fas as I can tell.

As an additional datapoint, I did not complete my profile until early March.

MYLR | MSM | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | Black Interior | 7 Seater | FSD
OD: 10/6/21 | PC: 3/6/21
Previous EDD: May 13 - May 24
New EDD: May 16 - May 20

I manually checked the app- no text or email yet. I checked about 8 hours ago and it wasn’t there. This is the first time I’ve had an update on a Sunday I believe. Previously, I had updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so no pattern from that perspective as fas as I can tell.

You have one of the newest VIN's I've seen. Congratulations

Congrats. Encouraging to see msm is still coming out, even if for orders after mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezla. and usklx
I’m super depressed; just got pushed back over a month to July 10 - Aug 21. WTF! OD/PC: 12/3 MYLR7 MSM black int Tow. I want to cry, just went ahead with pre approval financing to lock in a rate 90 days before anymore hikes come. This is the furthest EDD we have had. Ranged from April to June. Never even been in a two week window yet. I don’t understand what is causing this delay, I was expecting mid- late May as it got closer. We need a 4-door car…. I’m 9 months pregnant and still have to drive 6 hours to pick up the car.

I’m super depressed; just got pushed back over a month to July 10 - Aug 21. WTF! OD/PC: 12/3 MYLR7 MSM black int Tow. I want to cry, just went ahead with pre approval financing to lock in a rate 90 days before anymore hikes come. This is the furthest EDD we have had. Ranged from April to June. Never even been in a two week window yet. I don’t understand what is causing this delay, I was expecting mid- late May as it got closer. We need a 4-door car…. I’m 9 months pregnant and still have to drive 6 hours to pick up the car.
Do you have FSD? If not, july-ish for a dec order fits with current delivery timelines, or with mine at least (aug 2021 order and still waiting). Also, if you don't have FSD, be prepared for people getting their car first, despite order 3 months after you.

Do you have FSD? If not, july-ish for a dec order fits with current delivery timelines, or with mine at least (aug 2021 order and still waiting). Also, if you don't have FSD, be prepared for people getting their car first, despite order 3 months after you.
No FSD but literally paid for every upgrade other than paint. Forgot to put 20” wheels. I thought FSD was no longer prioritized. My EDD changes very sporadically. The state I am currently living in for work is trying to close down Tesla SC’s so I have not once texted or called them, so we wouldn’t bother the people probably about to lose their jobs, and we haven’t heard anything, only let them know that we would be more than happy to take a car early or a test drive car, etc. Seeing other MY7 unicorns being delivered with later ODs is just painful.

Have you seen anyone swap from pickup to home delivery? I don’t know if I can drive 6 hours with a newborn and was thinking of swapping and paying for home delivery but afraid I will get pushed even further. Would love to just do a POA and be done, my husband can go. Haha.

Sorry that you are still waiting since August, now my hope is lost! Geese!

No FSD but literally paid for every upgrade other than paint. Forgot to put 20” wheels. I thought FSD was no longer prioritized. My EDD changes very sporadically. The state I am currently living in for work is trying to close down Tesla SC’s so I have not once texted or called them, so we wouldn’t bother the people probably about to lose their jobs, and we haven’t heard anything, only let them know that we would be more than happy to take a car early or a test drive car, etc. Seeing other MY7 unicorns being delivered with later ODs is just painful.

Have you seen anyone swap from pickup to home delivery? I don’t know if I can drive 6 hours with a newborn and was thinking of swapping and paying for home delivery but afraid I will get pushed even further. Would love to just do a POA and be done, my husband can go. Haha.

Sorry that you are still waiting since August, now my hope is lost! Geese!
FSD is absolutely being prioritized. There was a recent run of 7 seaters getting VINs in the Oct thread that was depressing to see.

I have seen some folks mention they are getting their car via freight (I think) delivery. I would guess you need to talk to a Tesla person to set that up.

As @afscotch mentioned, with a December order date, you are in line with expectations. It’s about 7-9 months on average and longer now if you were to order . 7 seat configuration makes it more rare.

As @afscotch mentioned, with a December order date, you are in line with expectations. It’s about 7-9 months on average and longer now if you were to order . 7 seat configuration makes it more rare.
I’ve been lurking for a while, I understood my last EDD June 6 - July 8; but now being pushed out with a month and a half EDD as well, just seems like it’s a whole lot worse. I watch the Sep, Nov & Dec threads and noticed some movement on 7 seaters and got excited thinking my EDD was pretty good. Just sucks…

I’ve been lurking for a while, I understood my last EDD June 6 - July 8; but now being pushed out with a month and a half EDD as well, just seems like it’s a whole lot worse. I watch the Sep, Nov & Dec threads and noticed some movement on 7 seaters and got excited thinking my EDD was pretty good. Just sucks…
Yeah, it sucks, but try not to stress too much about it your little guy needs a calm momma 🙃. Congrats!

Reactions: Firocity
Well, a family friend got her black/black 7 seat LR with Geminis. Her orig order date was similar to ours. Our white/white 7 seat LR with Geminis got pushed back after we had already entered the EDD for a day. It's now 5/14-6/11, which is still a 4 week window. So I suspect when we get into that date range, it'll get pushed back yet again. So flippin frustrating.

Just got pushed out a month. I wanna cry. I really thought I was gonna get this car before our early July Vacation. Being this "close" to delivery would FSD bring it in? I was content with my previous delivery range but Tesla must have sensed that and is now really testing me, to see if I will get FSD......