Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no motivation to do so
Outside of a huge increase in production capacity, pretty much the only way is if news outlets start putting out stories about people being in delivery purgatory and getting bumped down the queue in favor of higher-priced orders. Otherwise, people locked in at much lower prices will continue to be sidelined (I'm sure Tesla will toss a bone to a few here and there).

At some point this has to become true, no way they deliver a car at a loss. As was pointed out in the thread asking if Tesla has violated the terms of the agreement by skipping over older orders, they can basically just fulfill every other order first and hope someday you have enough to cancel and have done nothing wrong. Just be sure to never give them a reason to cancel for you... i.e. don't reply delay to the text. My sales agreement specifically says I can miss delivery of the first VIN, but after the second they can cancel.

$3k is a big bump, wonder if the goal is to actually stop new orders so they can combine the TX and Fremont models a year from now. The other option is stop accepting orders when they are confident enough the backlog is where they can do that logistically, so when they turn ordering back on there is only one LR model, not two.
The ethical thing to do is stop taking orders and instead go back to a pre order model.

In other words, put down $100 like people did for the cyber truck. You can get back the $100 any time you wish. And when the backlog isn’t insane, start reaching out to people to put in an official order.

But again, Tesla is not acting ethically here

The ethical thing to do is stop taking orders and instead go back to a pre order model.

In other words, put down $100 like people did for the cyber truck. You can get back the $100 any time you wish. And when the backlog isn’t insane, start reaching out to people to put in an official order.

But again, Tesla is not acting ethically here
That's what Rivian went to after their pricing slip-up. Put down a deposit, but no pricing or configuration info is saved until you are closer to delivery and then they reach out to configure the latest and greatest.

Wonder what the rational is for nit switching to the CT model given not only the backlog, but the price/cost liability they are assuming with continuing this model.

Longtime lurker in this forum, finally registered for an account! Noticed something interesting today, so wanted to share and see if anyone had thoughts:

10/31/21 OD
White, White Interior, 7 Seat, no other upgrades

Have had several bumps and pushes along the journey like a lot of people here, current EDD 7/13 - 8/17. I checked this morning and that Est. Delivery field said "july 13 - august 17" instead of July 13th - August 17th, which it has now reverted back to. Has anyone else seen this? I'm tired of reading the tea leaves but enjoy coming here to see what everyone else is dealing with.
Shockingly---VIN'd this morning! EDD 6/29 - 7/3.

I used to be able find many matches to "vin" in the page source code, but no actual VIN. Now the only match is the following HTML code. Did they change the page for everyone? I did get the "JUNE" txt.

<input type="hidden" name="vin" />

June 9? Come on.

Even without FSD, revenue on that car is $8,000 more than my Oct 2021 price. Plus FSD, that’s an extra $20k revenue.

Very smooth Tesla.
And as of today it's now an extra $23k in revenue for the exact same car i ordered in Aug (11k for the car, 12k for FSD, which is remotely enable software only).

If I don't get a VIN soon, I truly doubt my order gets filled, there just isn't any reason for them to do so, and they aren't compelled in any way to do so. Why wouldn't they just give back my 100 bucks and toss me on the street. It's not like there is any downside to exchanging $100 for $23,000.

Edit: My EDD remains "June 2022" so still hanging in June Jail.

Last edited:
And as of today it's now an extra $23k in revenue for the exact same car i ordered in Aug (11k for the car, 12k for FSD, which is remotely enable software only).

If I don't get a VIN soon, I truly doubt my order gets filled, there just isn't any reason for them to do so, and they aren't compelled in any way to do so. Why wouldn't they just give back my 100 bucks and toss me on the street. It's not like there is any downside to exchanging $100 for $23,000.
Ridiculous right?

You can easily sell your car or reservation and make some money. A bit of a hassle, but for several thousand dollars, might be worth it.

You do know Tesla checks forums for inside info. Keep on talking about resale and you will never get your Y.
The logic is now Tesla won't intentionally fulfill my order because they've raised the price of a new order? If this is directed at me I'm not talking about resale, I'm referring facts from their website and my still unfulfilled order.

Ridiculous right?

You can easily sell your car or reservation and make some money. A bit of a hassle, but for several thousand dollars, might be worth it.

No idea if this is still accurate because I don't care and have no desire to sell it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aviateur17
The logic of Tesla aiming to maximize profits should force them to the presale model or fulfill every fsd Y order they receive today w/ the $3k markup. One would think they’re trying to balance max profit with fulfilling older orders. Maybe 1 old order per 10 new per 100 fsd… sigh
I hypothesized about that towards the end of May. Using the tmc tracker, I was looking at the number of 7s that got VINs, the number that didn't have FSD and the number that were ordered before me. Extrapolating those small and unscientific numbers, I'm on pace for a VIN in Nov 😲.

Just wish this would end... 400+ miles a week in my 12-year old ICE, even before the recent gas spike, is beyond old.

I hypothesized about that towards the end of May. Using the tmc tracker, I was looking at the number of 7s that got VINs, the number that didn't have FSD and the number that were ordered before me. Extrapolating those small and unscientific numbers, I'm on pace for a VIN in Nov 😲.

Just wish this would end... 400+ miles a week in my 12-year old ICE, even before the recent gas spike, is beyond old.
Right there with you! Aug 4th OD. Seeing all these Vins for 7 seaters with my config being placed and mine just sitting there with no update is making me a bit upset. Happy for those who got lucky though. Hopefully our time to shine is coming. We will see.