Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN like an hour ago. EDD just updated to EDD 6/19-6/24
NF4647XX

ODD 9/27 completed profile 10/12. Same as everyone here, got my EDD push around all over the place 5/29 EDD 6/18-7/2; 6/15 EDD pushed to 7/11-8/8. Was so mad I text them basically yelling at them what hell's going on with my order. then added FSD right after that.

Tesla app asking to provide insurance, but I don't even have a confirm delivery date and time yet.
What should I do next?

Thanks

MYLR White inside and out 7 seats tow package No FSD when first ordered.

Reactions: Tezla.
NF4647XX

ODD 9/27 completed profile 10/12. Same as everyone here, got my EDD push around all over the place 5/29 EDD 6/18-7/2; 6/15 EDD pushed to 7/11-8/8. Was so mad I text them basically yelling at them what hell's going on with my order. then added FSD right after that.

Tesla app asking to provide insurance, but I don't even have a confirm delivery date and time yet.
What should I do next?

Thanks

Nice!! Same Config for me. JUST NO FSD. Aug 4th OD/PC date. FSD must be the golden ticket!

Reactions: Aviateur17
NF4647XX

What should I do next?

Thanks

Some states allow you to buy new vehicle and existing vehicle coverage automatically applies for 7/14 days. If that's the case, then simply upload exiting insurance card. If not, you will have to add new car and upload that insurance.

Well, well, well..... let me start with good news. VIN received. Yes, it did happen.

Now the details.

These days my routines were to check the app and online source for VIN multiple times a day. Last I checked today was around 3:15 PM EST, and of course, there was nothing.

I was driving at around 4:15 PM EST and received a text message. I peeked on my watch, and wallah, it basically said that VIN is assigned. The other day I was asking all of you what you felt when you received this text, so let me tell you how I felt. I found myself smiling for the rest of the drive, but not really over-the-top excitement. Maybe because I was driving or maybe because I have waited for a long time, or maybe because I know things can still go south.

Also, I quickly realized that I didn't know what to do next. In terms of insurance, etc. I'm trying to figure it out and it seems that I can upload my existing insurance in OH.

I also checked with the local store and they told me that car is still in Fremont and expected to arrive around the 24th and will take 2-3 days to get it ready for delivery. Time will tell.

In another week or so, I'll attempt to remove FSD and will see how it goes.

Overall, exactly 8 months after I placed the order, I received VIN. Knowing many of you are still waiting, I can safely say that FSD (added on May 31st) did the job.

Updating everything here since signature can't handle that many characters

MYLR7, OD 10/10/21, PC complete 10/12/21, MSM/Blk (white til 3/25/22), No Tow, Added FSD (5/29/22): Original EDD April; 3/3-3/31; June; 4/4-5/2; June; 3/10-4/7; June; 5/17-6/14; 4/21-5/19; 6/15-7/13; June; 6/7-7/5; June; 6/7-7/5; 5/10-6/14; 5/15-5/29; 6/14-7/19; 6/16-7/14; 7/9-8/13; 6/22-7/6; 6-21-7/5; VIN 465XXX received 6/10/21 at 4:15 PM EST via text; Delivery expected between June 24-28.

I did got my customary text earlier today about car leaving factory.
EDD updated today from June 24-28 to June 19-25. No text yet to schedule delivery.

OD:12/15 MSM 19inch. Added FSD on 6/13/22. VIN was 6/16. Called the customer care and requested them to remove FSD and update purchase order; It was taken within an hour. They honored my 12/15 sale price. Yesterday evening received the text to confirm delivery. I will be pick SUV on 6/22. They also confirmed heated wipers, all season tires and AMD processor. SUV was build it May and is on the way Devon PA; expected to arrive on 6/19. My local CU offered 1.99% for 60 months (DCU have increased their rate to 2.49%) Wishing you all best on your order.

OD:12/15 MSM 19inch. Added FSD on 6/13/22. VIN was 6/16. Called the customer care and requested them to remove FSD and update purchase order; It was taken within an hour. They honored my 12/15 sale price. Yesterday evening received the text to confirm delivery. I will be pick SUV on 6/22. They also confirmed heated wipers, all season tires and AMD processor. SUV was build it May and is on the way Devon PA; expected to arrive on 6/19. My local CU offered 1.99% for 60 months (DCU have increased their rate to 2.49%) Wishing you all best on your order.
Wow.... VIN assignment to expected arrival in 3 days and delivery in another 3 days means the car was already in transit. Either someone could not pick up on short notice, or they just reassigned VIN since you added FSD. In any case, Congrats.