Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of your situations don't instill much confidence in my new EDD.

SoTX, did you get offered a TX car to "accelerate your delivery"?
Nope. Although not sure why I would accept a shorter-range car for the same price. This is my 3rd time around and I've been on this forum for going on 8 years now, so I don't believe any deadline Tesla gives. I have a car and there's no rush. I just keep forgetting I ordered it, lol.

Reactions: afscotch
Nope. Although not sure why I would accept a shorter-range car for the same price. This is my 3rd time around and I've been on this forum for going on 8 years now, so I don't believe any deadline Tesla gives. I have a car and there's no rush. I just keep forgetting I ordered it, lol.
that's the mindset I had when I put my order in, but 9 months and about 10,000 miles later I'm approaching some required expected maintenance items (set of tires and brakes at least) and that much closer to some unexpected maintenance. I'd rather avoid both kinds of expenses for an old car.

Last edited:
I am giving up for now. I will not check the forums anymore but will take delivery whenever it comes. These forums would have helped if there is any logic to the delivery as you may be able to guess based on other deliveries. Since thatā€™s not the case, I am moving on. I will try to come back and post if and when I take delivery.
Honestly, this forum just makes everyone anxious. I think Iā€™m there with you.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Got a VIN one day after adding FSD. EDD before that changed to Jul-Aug just a day before. Now it's asking me to make final payment. Do I just pay down payment/whole/nothing before delivery date is confirmed?
Congrats. The way it worked for me is that I uploaded my insurance after receiving VIN, and then it was asking me to pay. I checked and was told that I could bring the cashiers check at the time of delivery. I then received a message that the car had left the factory and, a week later, a message to schedule delivery.

Reactions: vish212950