Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May or may not be of interest to anybody...

Las Vegas. Ordered my MYLR/MSM/7 Seat/19 wheels/White int/No Tow/No FSD on 4/23/22. Completed the profile the next day. EDD was originally Oct'22-Jan'23. On 4/30, we changed color from MSM to White. EDD updated to Nov'22-Feb'23. In early June, our EDD updated to Nov 17, 22 - Jan 12, 23.

As soon as I saw the news about EAP, I added it to our order today. I didn't do it with the thought it would speed up the order, but it has all the features I want and I don't want to run the risk of Tesla raising the price on it before we got the car. I have no idea if it will change our delivery time, but I thought I would share my experience.

One last thing... I ordered after Tesla announced they wouldn't be including mobile chargers anymore. At the time, there was no way to add a mobile charger to the order, so I emailed Tesla to ask how to purchase one. The SA who responded said that since there wasn't a way at the time, I would be comp'd a mobile charger. Printed that email and saved it... we'll see if that finally does work out in my favor.

Reactions: fishy21
OK so this is finally happening. It's being delivered tomorrow afternoon. Since we are out of country, I'm going to have a family friend who is also a Tesla owner, pick the vehicle up. I won't be able to pick up the car from my friend's place until middle of August. Is there anything that my friend has to do to keep it charged during that time? I'm kind of bummed that I won't have the opportunity to get any issues fixed within the first 24 hrs or 100 mi.

Reactions: Aviateur17
OK so this is finally happening. It's being delivered tomorrow afternoon. Since we are out of country, I'm going to have a family friend who is also a Tesla owner, pick the vehicle up. I won't be able to pick up the car from my friend's place until middle of August. Is there anything that my friend has to do to keep it charged during that time? I'm kind of bummed that I won't have the opportunity to get any issues fixed within the first 24 hrs or 100 mi.
Just plug it in. And keep it around 50% until you pick up the car in August.

For what it's worth, I took delivery of my MYLR 7-seater back in November and we have have made it our default "around-town/shorter overnight trip" family car for 2 adults and 4 kids. The third row doesn't have a ton of legroom, but with all 4 kids being under 10 years old, 2 can easily fit back there and using this car is saving a TON of $ compared to gas costs for my wife's Chevy Suburban. It's also the most fun/enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned.
We are also trading in our Suburban for a MYLR 7 seater! The cost of fuel is what pushed us that way, currently spending about $1200 a month now (Around 4,000 km).

Info for others considering a 7seater:
We managed to see a 7 seater at our service centre. So my son and I tried sitting in the 3rd row together. I am just under 5’6” and he is around 4’3”(8 years old) and we both were comfortable. I had plenty of legroom…because the 2nd row moves (unlike our 2012 Sub) we have more room compared to the Suburban. Headroom wasn’t an issue and there was space. I think it depends on if your height is in your legs or torso….