Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shoot I ordered mine in October I was going to say we were in the same boat. I just currently don’t have an edd it is stuck on TBD has been now for over 2 weeks
I just stopped by the Rogers, MN location and spoke with Tyler (sales) and Todd (service) . They said they were pretty confident that I would have mine in the next month. Last Wednesday my EDD said Nov - Jan and I went in and they submitted a case to Tesla. On Friday my EDD changed to Jul - Aug. Have you texted the number I gave you? Maybe ask them to submit a case. If you've tried to text them and no response I'd be willing to go in and ask on your behalf.

I just stopped by the Rogers, MN location and spoke with Tyler (sales) and Todd (service) . They said they were pretty confident that I would have mine in the next month. Last Wednesday my EDD said Nov - Jan and I went in and they submitted a case to Tesla. On Friday my EDD changed to Jul - Aug. Have you texted the number I gave you? Maybe ask them to submit a case. If you've tried to text them and no response I'd be willing to go in and ask on your behalf.
I will call them Monday morning. Thanks!

EDD updated on this past Saturday to June 22-28. A few hours later, I received the schedule delivery text and booked it for 6/25 in the early afternoon. I may still add FSD for whatever reason (I'm stupid...running the FSD Beta on my 3...it's love/hate)...but I'm really hoping (but not holding my breath) enhanced autopilot becomes available before I take delivery.
Picked it up today. Overall, the car looked great. It does have a small paint chip in the rear passenger door. I noticed it before we signed anything and my SA noted it. I scheduled a service appointment already...I'm interested to see how they remedy it.

I did not add FSD but added EAP after we took delivery.

Other notes...mobile charger was included (I expected that). J1772 adapter was included (I wasn't so sure). Service center was not very busy; only 1 other car was being delivered so we had a fair amount of time to look over the car.

Any one still in June jail ? Ordered oct 2021 and EDD is June and I am pretty sure that is not going to happen. Tired of waiting at this point. SA is beyond useless, just sends a standard response that they cannot speculate or provide insight on why EDD keeps getting pushed out. Original EDD was March 2022. I also got a chance to try a friends 7 seater and the 3rd row is pretty much useless (In the hindsight I should have tried it before ordering). Even kids will have difficulty sitting unless its a short trip. My kids who was super excited to try it was not happy after the the trial. Did anyone downgrade to a 5 seater and does it retain the old pricing ???

Any one still in June jail ? Ordered oct 2021 and EDD is June and I am pretty sure that is not going to happen. Tired of waiting at this point. SA is beyond useless, just sends a standard response that they cannot speculate or provide insight on why EDD keeps getting pushed out. Original EDD was March 2022. I also got a chance to try a friends 7 seater and the 3rd row is pretty much useless (In the hindsight I should have tried it before ordering). Even kids will have difficulty sitting unless its a short trip. My kids who was super excited to try it was not happy after the the trial. Did anyone downgrade to a 5 seater and does it retain the old pricing ???

Can you elaborate as to why kids will hate the 3rd row? How is this different than other ICE 7-seater SUV’s?

My understanding is that you will retail your Oct 2021 pricing if you downgrade.

Iv read it’s only good for people 5’4”ish and under.
I’ve sat back there during a test drive. I’m 5’7” without shoes and it’s not very comfortable. But it’s fine (tolerable) for a 10-15 min drive somewhere. I’d agree that it’s for people (mostly kids) 5’4” and under. Which is my family’s use case…hauling my kids and 1 or 2 of their friends to and from practices/games/events.

Reactions: iderdik and NYMY
I’ve considered switching to 5 seats for similar reasons. It seems like people with December orders of 5 seats are taking delivery, and I think the third row would barely be used (but would be nice to have if needed). You do retain the old pricing if you downgrade. Let me know if you do decide to change the order, I’ve been seriously considering it.

For anyone that traded in their old car to Tesla when buying a new Tesla, do you know if Tesla excepts electronically transfer titles. Instead of physical titles? I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone at Tesla right now, and previous Customer service agents didn’t seem too confident in their “yes” answer

Yes you would keep the old pricing.

Between moving the middle row up and folding down the middle of the middle row so that my oldest (almost 6) can put her feet up there, she’s fine with the third row. Our younger two kids sit in the middle row.

For anyone that traded in their old car to Tesla when buying a new Tesla, do you know if Tesla excepts electronically transfer titles. Instead of physical titles? I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone at Tesla right now, and previous Customer service agents didn’t seem too confident in their “yes” answer
Just Incase someone searches this and wants the answer. Tesla does accept e-title transfers. I don’t have to request for a physical title from my dmv. Confirmed with tesla and the local tesla store. I’m good to go tomorrow. Car arrived this morning and will be inspected and cleaned for tomorrow!

Hello everyone! Finally received my Model Y on 06/24! So far no issues from the 90 miles it's been driven.

Order Info: Model Y LR7 | Black Interior | MSM | 19" | No Tow | No FSD

ezgif-1-047e452a9e.gif

\