Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking a similar rejected order with 421 vin. Whats your vin range.
So at delivery, the SA told me that the car is brand new, not rejected. Not sure how we got ours so “quickly,” but super grateful we get to enjoy it for our summer road trips.

FWIW, my car was almost perfect. Only a small trim piece at the base of the seat rails had popped off. A tech re-installed it on site. Super relieved we didn’t have any quality issues at delivery, because my wife would have said “nope!”

Attachments

• 71A66491-C2F2-403A-807A-CAFCBCD13668.jpeg
    71A66491-C2F2-403A-807A-CAFCBCD13668.jpeg
    676.8 KB · Views: 84
So this is a doozy of a story. My FIL, who lives in Central CA, initially put an order in for a LRY-7 seater on May 6th 2022 (white/white, 7 seats, no other options). Initial EDD was Nov '22-Feb '23. As the FIL was car-less after his Rav4 was totaled by some lunatic in his work parking lot, he needed wheels sooner than later but only wanted a Model Y, so in the waiting queue he went.

Being a good son-in-law, I had been searching for an existing inventory unit, trying to pick one up earlier than his forecasted EDD, though weeks of search had been in vain. Finally, last week, I was able to order a demo LRY-7, though did give a slight pause seeing this demo unit had 4,100 miles on it (had a whopping $990 discount). Also, this was after the recent $3k price hike, so along with an unneeded tow hitch option, the demo Y was $4k more expensive than his original order (-$990 for miles). But the FIL needed a car ASAP, so went ahead and ordered that demo.

Went through all the pre-delivery tasks (loan app, insurance, even scheduled a home delivery appointment) and everything seemed set till I saw 3 days prior to his scheduled home delivery the VIN of the demo unit had been removed from his account. After contacting Tesla asking what happened, they said that the demo, which had been listed as being available in Palo Alto, an hour from where he lived, was actually in Florida and it had been listed in Palo Alto by mistake, so the VIN was removed from his account and assigned to someone in the local area in Florida! After expressing my disappointment over that screwup, the Tesla rep said he would put in a "priority request" to find a replacement Y that matched the FIL's specs. He did say that due to Tesla's mistake with the demo, they would honor the pricing in his original order when they found a replacement. He also advised me to cancel the demo RN as that VIN was now gone.

Several days passed without hearing anything from Tesla other than generic "an advisor will reach out to you soon" email from an operations advisor. I was starting to think the FIL was screwed and would not be taking delivery of a Model Y anytime in the near future, then yesterday (a Sunday of all days) a different operations advisor reached out saying she had found a matching VIN, only it had black seats instead of white seats. She also said it was a new unit, not a demo (could mean it is a reject, but hoping it was someone that just missed a delivery appointment). I told her yes, get that thing assigned to my FIL's RN ASAP, and she did, so now he is scheduled to pickup a LRY-7 this afternoon at the Fremont showroom.

tl;dr - Order put in on a LRY-7 on 6 May, then existing inventory demo reserved but lost due to Tesla F-up, replacement new unit found after priority request put in and taking delivery in Fremont today, 7 weeks after original order put in.

So if you want a LRY-7 in less than 2 months, all you gotta do is follow the steps above. 😂

Last edited:
So I ordered in Oct 21. Up until yesterday it has been saying Sept-Oct of this year is the estimate. Yesterday out of nowhere I got a VIN and it says I need to schedule to pick it up this week. It's a Freemont build, they must not be building 7 seaters in Austin yet. Anyways, can I move the date back at all? I had no warning and have meetings at work this week during the only times it allowed me to pick it up.

So I ordered in Oct 21. Up until yesterday it has been saying Sept-Oct of this year is the estimate. Yesterday out of nowhere I got a VIN and it says I need to schedule to pick it up this week. It's a Freemont build, they must not be building 7 seaters in Austin yet. Anyways, can I move the date back at all? I had no warning and have meetings at work this week during the only times it allowed me to pick it up.
Based off what I know and seen regarding end of quarter pushes, most likely if you can't take delivery this week they will assign the VIN to someone else that can locally.

So this is a doozy of a story. My FIL, who lives in Central CA, initially put an order in for a LRY-7 seater on May 6th 2022 (white/white, 7 seats, no other options). Initial EDD was Nov '22-Feb '23. As the FIL was car-less after his Rav4 was totaled by some lunatic in his work parking lot, he needed wheels sooner than later but only wanted a Model Y, so in the waiting queue he went.

Being a good son-in-law, I had been searching for an existing inventory unit, trying to pick one up earlier than his forecasted EDD, though weeks of search had been in vain. Finally, last week, I was able to order a demo LRY-7, though did give a slight pause seeing this demo unit had 4,100 miles on it (had a whopping $990 discount). Also, this was after the recent $3k price hike, so along with an unneeded tow hitch option, the demo Y was $4k more expensive than his original order (-$990 for miles). But the FIL needed a car ASAP, so went ahead and ordered that demo.

Went through all the pre-delivery tasks (loan app, insurance, even scheduled a home delivery appointment) and everything seemed set till I saw 3 days prior to his scheduled home delivery the VIN of the demo unit had been removed from his account. After contacting Tesla asking what happened, they said that the demo, which had been listed as being available in Palo Alto, an hour from where he lived, was actually in Florida and it had been listed in Palo Alto by mistake, so the VIN was removed from his account and assigned to someone in the local area in Florida! After expressing my disappointment over that screwup, the Tesla rep said he would put in a "priority request" to find a replacement Y that matched the FIL's specs. He did say that due to Tesla's mistake with the demo, they would honor the pricing in his original order when they found a replacement. He also advised me to cancel the demo RN as that VIN was now gone.

Several days passed without hearing anything from Tesla other than generic "an advisor will reach out to you soon" email from an operations advisor. I was starting to think the FIL was screwed and would not be taking delivery of a Model Y anytime in the near future, then yesterday (a Sunday of all days) a different operations advisor reached out saying she had found a matching VIN, only it had black seats instead of white seats. She also said it was a new unit, not a demo (could mean it is a reject, but hoping it was someone that just missed a delivery appointment). I told her yes, get that thing assigned to my FIL's RN ASAP, and she did, so now he is scheduled to pickup a LRY-7 this afternoon at the Fremont showroom.

tl;dr - Order put in on a LRY-7 on 6 May, then existing inventory demo reserved but lost due to Tesla F-up, replacement new unit found after priority request put in and taking delivery in Fremont today, 7 weeks after original order put in.

So if you want a LRY-7 in less than 2 months, all you gotta do is follow the steps above. 😂
That is amazing congrats! So jealous!

Thanks, but not out of the woods yet. Tesla finance still hasn't finalized the FIL's loan app...they kept changing their mind about what document he needed to submit for loan approval. Supposedly he was all set as of last night, but loan is still showing as pending in the app.
FIL successfully picked up his LRY-7 yesterday from Fremont! Says he loves it, though I didn't get a chance to ask him if it came with a charging cable or how thorough a lookover he gave it. At least that means there were no horrendous issues I'm thinking. Lol

7 weeks from order to delivery (with an assist from an inventory demo car snafu).

Reactions: Aviateur17
FIL successfully picked up his LRY-7 yesterday from Fremont! Says he loves it, though I didn't get a chance to ask him if it came with a charging cable or how thorough a lookover he gave it. At least that means there were no horrendous issues I'm thinking. Lol

7 weeks from order to delivery (with an assist from an inventory demo car snafu).
Neat. Going on month 9

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17