Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well - got a VIN this morning after sending a text a few days ago asking if they could put me on hold until the March/April timeframe. I was told that’s not possible due to the fact I was within the original delivery window from when I ordered. I responded back to the VIN text asking what I needed to do to cancel my order, and that I’m aware that I’ll loose my $250 order fee.

Would love to have it, but definitely isn’t a need, just a $250 gamble that Model 3 prices would continue to rise and I’d be able to get the reinstated tax credit. Used Model 3 prices seem way down across the board, and if the Y ends up with the tax credit - likely won’t be until next year. Thankfully, I’m very happy with the 3, and we we will just have to take our ICE 7 seater on our few annual road trips to please my wife.

My 7 seat MSM Y order with black interior, Gemini wheels, and a tow hitch will be moving down the line to the next match.

Got my MYLR 7 Seat 19" with Tow yesterday. Some minor paint damage done in transit. I accepted delivery and booked a body shop appointment to correct next week. Slowly installing all the accessories. DIY PPF has to wait for paint correction. Very happy overall with the quality and the ride. Nov 7th Freemont build date so presumably the comfort suspension. I changed over to my winter wheels/tires the MY was smart enough to pair the new wheels itself. I didn't think I would enjoy the car as much as I am. We are renting so had a Nema 14-50 installed last week. Car charged flawlessly overnight.

My first post here. Hello all!

Order Date: 5/17
LR, Blue/Black, 19", No Toe, Yes FSD
Current Delivery Estimate: December 12-31
"Next Several Weeks" text received on 11/14

What do you guys think are my odds of getting it in 2023 for the tax break? Do I have a decent shot at pushing delivery out that far? My order agreement says I "must take delivery within 30 days of when I'm first contacted." Does that mean I'm in the clear?

I received a text yesterday:

"John great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app."

The app shows December 4-31.
I really need this car to be delivered in January+. What I can do?

Blue, Tow, Gemini, 7-seater. OD 4/10/2022

Last edited:
I received a text yesterday:

"John great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app."

The app shows December 4-31.
I really need this car to be delivered in January+. What I can do?

Blue, Tow, Gemini, 7-seater. OD 4/10/2022
you can probably push to Jan if your original ODD was Jan+. Mine was Oct with OD in March. They won't let me push.