Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-Seater 2nd Row Custom Fit Seat Covers - Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been on the hunt for a long time for seat covers for the 2nd row seats of a 7-seater model Y. They don't have to be perfect fit, but I prefer for them to not look like cheap Walmart covers. Because the 2nd row seats are 40/60 split in both back and bottom, finding something that works has been a challenge.

I've contacted a few companies that have made custom fit covers for the 5-seater and no 7-seater options available or plans.

Anyone happen to come across anything I may have missed? Main purpose is for summer, especially swim season where the seats take a beating from kids and pool chlorine. This is when the 3rd row is used most often so a bench cover won't work. Last year we used wearable towels to help but it would be nice to have covers to not have to worry much long term.

Last edited:
I've contacted a few companies that have made custom fit covers for the 5-seater and no 7-seater options available or plans.
Which company did you contacted?

At the time I got my Model 3, I searched for car seat covers because
I don't like the leather or leatherette feeling that I find hot in summer and cold in winter.
I would have prefered getting fabric material instead.

One issue was also the back seat bench which has seatbelt buckles inserted inside the seat.
This looks neat and clean but makes difficult using standard covers, so you need to find custom made seat covers.

After doing some researches I opted for getting some neoprene seat covers which
are very smooth to the touch add some softness because of the extra padding layer.

The seat covers that I selected are from Wet Okole and I noticed that they have specicaly made for the Model Y,
in particular for the 60/40 rear bench. I would recommend contacting them and sending pictures to ask if
they think that 2nd row bench would be compatible with both the 5 seat version and the 7 seat version.

WetOkole - Split 60-40 seat.jpg

For the third row, I would try using some protector seats than fit on top of the seat.

Protector seat .jpg

Note: If you plan making an order, I would also wait for some Wet Okole promotion,
like Saint's Patrick day or other weekend special they might send you by e-mail or or Facebook page.
(Talking of the Devil, I just received a 15% Valentine Day coupon)

Last edited:
Which company did you contacted?

At the time I got my Model 3, I searched for car seat covers because
I don't like the leather or leatherette feeling that I find hot in summer and cold in winter.
I would have prefered getting fabric material instead.

One issue was also the back seat bench which has seatbelt buckles inserted inside the seat.
This looks neat and clean but makes difficult using standard covers, so you need to find custom made seat covers.

After doing some researches I opted for getting some neoprene seat covers which
are very smooth to the touch add some softness because of the extra padding layer.

The seat covers that I selected are from Wet Okole and I noticed that they have specicaly made for the Model Y,
in particular for the 60/40 rear bench. I would recommend contacting them and sending pictures to ask if
they think that 2nd row bench would be compatible with both the 5 seat version and the 7 seat version.

View attachment 764372

For the third row, I would try using some protector seats than fit on top of the seat.

View attachment 764378

Note: If you plan making an order, I would also wait for some Wet Okole promotion,
like Saint's Patrick day or other weekend special they might send you by e-mail or or Facebook page.
(Talking of the Devil, I just received a 15% Valentine Day coupon)
Thanks for the reply, I understand what you mean about the leather, I don't mind it just wanted something to protect the seats.

Wet Okole was one of the ones I reached out to and they said they don't have one that fits the 7-seater 2nd row. I was looking for a comparable car as an alternate but the seat belt buckles do make it challenging as you mentioned.

I just came across these today and wanted to share!

They are the only covers I've found that were specifically made for the configuration of the model y 7-seater.

I wasn't sure about the website, but they seem legit. They have 15% off coupon with newsletter, which makes the seat covers $150sh before tax for one set.

I'll update after I receive and install.